Excuses

The stupid thing about it is I don’t know of any bodybuilders who seek out non bodybuilding sites so they can express their disapproval of the members goals.

However these guys are here to stay and as long as they have no other place to go we will be treated to new posts attempting to broaden the definition of bodybuilding to include anybody with an ab lounge. Or new posts telling us how pointless and idiotic bodybuilding is.

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:
Or new posts telling us how pointless and idiotic bodybuilding is.[/quote]

…And how being big is “nasty”.

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:
The stupid thing about it is I don’t know of any bodybuilders who seek out non bodybuilding sites so they can express their disapproval of the members goals.

However these guys are here to stay and as long as they have no other place to go we will be treated to new posts attempting to broaden the definition of bodybuilding to include anybody with an ab lounge. Or new posts telling us how pointless and idiotic bodybuilding is.[/quote]

I just had one of them tell me I am degrading other people’s goals when THEY are the ones degrading everything that actually is related to bodybuilding. They can call bodybuilders stupid for having large legs, but God forbid someone tell them that rock-climbing and neck bridges for 3 minutes are NOT a bodybuilding activity.

I have never once decided to hop on Martha Stewart’s web site to tell the members how gay color coordinating your dish towels is. Yet they come here in droves to tell us that big muscles are “nasty”.

What the fuck is wrong with this picture?

Well if bodybuilders looked like your avatar in the off-season instead of that obese,fat-ass, low life Jo-Jo maybe they wouldn’t get such a bad rep. ;}

[quote]GetSwole wrote:
Well if bodybuilders looked like your avatar in the off-season instead of that obese,fat-ass, low life Jo-Jo maybe they wouldn’t get such a bad rep. ;}[/quote]

True, true. Being over 270lbs at all of 12% body fat is simply letting yourself go. When will these fat bastards learn that weighing any more than your girlfriend is a huge no no.

And their disgusting lack of a v-taper. Ick.

And big legs? Gross, chicks don’t dig it.

Thought my girlfriend does find my quad veins “intriguing” (that part is serious)

[quote]Stronghold wrote:
Im sick of hearing them. Everyone has them, myself included. Im tired of seeing people try to justify mediocrity with:

"I could be doing this, but…

…I had an injury…
…I have bad genetics…
…good food doesnt fit in my budget…
…I dont have time…
…I only care about meeting my weight class now."

Its all bullshit. If you are weak, it is because you havent done what it takes to be strong. If you are small, its because you havent done what it takes to be big. Not because of this or because of that, because of YOU. If you have been training for any significant amount of time and havent gotten significantly stronger, you know whose fault it is? Thats right, its not your injuries or you budgets or your girlfriends fault. Its YOUR fault.

I understand the desire to push the blame off onto something or someone else. It makes sense. If you have been training for five years and dont look like you lift, thats fucking embarrassing. I wouldnt want to take credit for fucking up that badly either. Maybe instead of having to tell people that you lift and then quickly explain to them why you dont look like it…why dont you get your ass in gear and make it so you dont have to tell people anymore?

Lets try and man up here people.
[/quote]

Thank God for excuses. Maybe I’m a selfish bastard, but every time I see someone stop going to the gym I’m somewhat happy, because that’s just one less person clogging up the place and getting in my way from using the equipment.

wait, are you telling me I can grow muscle without the use of steroids?

-dumb conversation with a very dumb person.

[quote]Digity wrote:
nephorm wrote:
Professor X wrote:
I’ve been here since before 2000 even though it states differently in my profile. That is also why. The only others here that long are people like Mufasa or Nate Dawg.

You’re just a whippersnapper to me ;-).

Although, I hear T-Nation had to buy a separate server just to handle your heavy posting volume…

…and to handle the constant ass kissing he receives.[/quote]

It’s funny, people don’t get shit for thanking say Thibs for his advice or how he helped them. But the Professor’s posts have helped a lot of people too, myself included, and when he is shown gratitude it’s labeled as ‘ass kissing’.

[quote]will to power wrote:
It’s funny, people don’t get shit for thanking say Thibs for his advice or how he helped them. But the Professor’s posts have helped a lot of people too, myself included, and when he is shown gratitude it’s labeled as ‘ass kissing’. [/quote]

I always feel uneasy when I post in this forum, because I do hate to be “part of the problem,” so I’ll be brief.

I may tease him for his post count, but he is also a resource who contributes a lot. For free. Nobody is required to post here, and a little gratitude keeps knowledgeable members posting.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Tiribulus wrote:
Professor X wrote:
<<< A lot of these people seem lost.

It looks like Trib was right after all.

This is exactly what I’m talkin about. Another room for sports/fitness/athletics/whatever might clear a lot of this crap up. There’s nothing abominable about those things, but they ain’t bodybuilding, I don’t think even by TC’s definition. That is I don’t think.

It isn’t. I wish could find that article where he described what bodybuilding is and what this site is about, but that would take one very long search through the archives.

Too many here are trying to change “bodybuilding” into meaning “anything you want it to be EXCEPT building large muscles…because that’s bad and dysfunctional”.

It is like they praise minimal progress by making those who make the most progress in terms of physique change the bad guys.[/quote]

http://www.T-Nation.com/article/atomic_dog/atomic_dog_the_new_testosterone&cr=

After I read your post, did some searching and came up with the above.

[quote]Qaash wrote:

http://www.T-Nation.com/article/atomic_dog/atomic_dog_the_new_testosterone&cr=

After I read your post, did some searching and came up with the above.[/quote]

Good find.

From TC,:

[quote]But they’ve got nothing to worry about. We may have changed our look and added new features but our philosophy remains intact. In order to assuage your fears, I thought I’d pull out the amendments to the Testosterone Constitution that we store in the Testosterone National Archives:

We the Meatheads of Testosterone, in Order to build a more perfect Body, Glorify Man and Embrace Woman, spit on Dogma, set ourselves apart from the Unwashed Masses, and get as damn Smart as possible, do ordain and establish this Constitution for Testosterone Nation.

Amendment I

We shall promote a new type of bodybuilding.

On second thought, we should say we promote an old type of bodybuilding. Old-time bodybuilding, with its roots in Charles Atlas and Dan Lurie and Vince Gironda and Steve Reeves, wasn’t just about looking strong; it was about being strong, too.

[/quote]

and

[quote]Amendment II

Testosterone shall preserve a traditional male mindset.

Testosterone, beyond disseminating information about how to lift more weight, build more muscle, or lose body fat, is about a way of life that we think is worth preserving.

Men are good. Male attributes are good.

We believe in moral laws and ethical laws more than we do in societal laws that pertain to what we can do with our body or put into it. We like to think of ourselves as virtuous bad boys.

This is a place where you can be a guy; where there are others who think like you. Come. Hang out. We’re not about formality or pretense. Take your shoes off. Relax. But keep your schlong in your pants.

And when you leave for the day, you don’t have to thank anyone or hug anyone or ask for the recipe or say how the experience changed your life and thank-you-very-goddam-much.

[/quote]

It is funny how many people act like none of those words were ever written now. Bodybuilding is about size and strength. We could debate which specific era carries the greatest specimens (which people must be blind if they aren’t in awe of some of the newer bodybuilders hitting the scene lately that truly remind me of when I first got started), but the bottom line is that this isn’t about barely looking like you lift but bragging about how “functional” you are. This is about actually making physical progress and not settling for barely making any at all.

I doubt many here are anywhere near the size that even Steve Reeves was carrying…yet they act like building muscle is so easy you have to take steps to avoid it.

Even those men still stand out against most today.

I also think that current bodybuilding is changing its focus as the “X-man” physique is taking front and center.

Phil Heath has no bloated abdomen. Let’s give those lifters some credit for it instead of acting like they don’t exist.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

I doubt many here are anywhere near the size that even Steve Reeves was carrying…yet they act like building muscle is so easy you have to take steps to avoid it.
[/quote]

A turn was taken somewhere a year or so ago.

Now the cool thing is to go on liquid diets, and do what you have to to stay under 200 pounds.

Seems that putting on mass has taken a back seat to being able to fit into something off the rack at A&F, or AE.

[quote]Stronghold wrote:"

Its all bullshit. If you are weak, it is because you havent done what it takes to be strong. If you are small, its because you havent done what it takes to be big. Not because of this or because of that, because of YOU. If you have been training for any significant amount of time and havent gotten significantly stronger, you know whose fault it is? Thats right, its not your injuries or you budgets or your girlfriends fault. Its YOUR fault.

why dont you get your ass in gear and make it so you dont have to tell people anymore?

[/quote]

budget does sideline me somewhat

[quote]djwhizkid wrote:
Stronghold wrote:"

why dont you get your ass in gear and make it so you dont have to tell people anymore?

budget does sideline me somewhat [/quote]

Poor excuse. I doubt there are very many of us who weren’t the same broke ass college student some of you are. I remember talking to some girls just so they would buy me food.

If you want it bad enough, you will find a way.

I’m broke.

I’m selling lecture notes for the final exam.

Gonna use it to buy new athletic shoes, new PWO drink, and 3lbs of BCAA.

I shit you not.

Its about finding a way.

I make it off of about $30/week groceries. I get my chicken for less than $2/lb and have found a way to get my protein for free.

Little Debby and Hostess make some excellent mass building foods on the cheap. Also, look for frozen pizzas on sale. Be careful when eating them, though; you might actually start getting enough calories in to grow.

For a while I was working 25 hours/week just so I would qualify for food stamps.

[quote]will to power wrote:
Digity wrote:
nephorm wrote:
Professor X wrote:
I’ve been here since before 2000 even though it states differently in my profile. That is also why. The only others here that long are people like Mufasa or Nate Dawg.

You’re just a whippersnapper to me ;-).

Although, I hear T-Nation had to buy a separate server just to handle your heavy posting volume…

…and to handle the constant ass kissing he receives.

It’s funny, people don’t get shit for thanking say Thibs for his advice or how he helped them. But the Professor’s posts have helped a lot of people too, myself included, and when he is shown gratitude it’s labeled as ‘ass kissing’. [/quote]

I actually listen to Prof’s advice at times. I guess I just like bustin’ balls.