Excuses For Not Getting to the Gym

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Reasons I don’t go to the gym?

Tsunami…but only if it flooded the gym more than 3 feet full of water. After that, I would have to swim to the HS machines and that sucks.

[/quote]

We call that “circuit training”

huh!

[quote]lostinthought wrote:
I’m on a 4 day on, 1 day off program and never miss. Ever. No excuses, ever. It’s a bad habit to get into and once you start, it gets easier and easier the next time. I did however take one week off when I had the big V surgery…[/quote]

Vasectomy means never having to tell your wife your girlfriends pregnant.

I read that on this forum once and thought it was hysterical.

[quote]Jersey5150 wrote:
lostinthought wrote:
I’m on a 4 day on, 1 day off program and never miss. Ever. No excuses, ever. It’s a bad habit to get into and once you start, it gets easier and easier the next time. I did however take one week off when I had the big V surgery…

I read that on this forum once and thought it was hysterical.[/quote]

When he said “V”, he meant “Vastus lateralis”…

I’m just kidding!

[quote]michael2507 wrote:
But seriously, I don’t make excuses and I don’t miss training units. In contrast, I find it rather difficult to maintain the required off days, backoff weeks, etc.[/quote]

Ditto, unless I am sick or overly tired.

The reason that I asked - I am working on a buisness plan for a gym. It is still in the dream stage, but I wanted to get some ideas of what reasons people come up with for not going to the gym so that I could try to remove them.

Me Solomon Grundy

I try my best not to miss a workout but sometime life gets in the way if so I just make it up the next day. One thing that appealed to the masses at the last gym I was at they had free child care while you were getting your workout in.

Zero Excuses.

If something is happening and I can’t get to the gym I have kettlebells in my room, water pipe outside my door, 10 flights of stairs, and a sturdy coffee table.

I’ve been up till 4:00am just to get my cycle in on my trainer.

Hell, when I had to go out for a birthday party I made sure I played the mountain biking game.

Tabata Front Squats only take 4 minutes!

Fuck even Pop-Tarts aren’t that fast.

I think of it kind of like hygiene (weird, huh?). There are only a handful of reasons I would skip or postpone brushing my teeth/flossing, taking a shower, etc. those are the same reasons I would skip the gym.

[quote]Solomon Grundy wrote:
The reason that I asked - I am working on a buisness plan for a gym. It is still in the dream stage, but I wanted to get some ideas of what reasons people come up with for not going to the gym so that I could try to remove them.

Me Solomon Grundy[/quote]

If that’s your motive, I think you’re asking the wrong crowd here. Maybe finding ways to make non-lifters get in the gym and applying them to “weekend warriors” would be a more fruitful endeavor.

[quote]lucasa wrote:
Solomon Grundy wrote:

Me Solomon Grundy

If that’s your motive, I think you’re asking the wrong crowd here. Maybe finding ways to make non-lifters get in the gym and applying them to “weekend warriors” would be a more fruitful endeavor.[/quote]

Agreed. It is a little like asking a group of anorexics for reasons that would make them eat a 1lb steak.

[quote]Jersey5150 wrote:
lostinthought wrote:
I’m on a 4 day on, 1 day off program and never miss. Ever. No excuses, ever. It’s a bad habit to get into and once you start, it gets easier and easier the next time. I did however take one week off when I had the big V surgery…

I read that on this forum once and thought it was hysterical.[/quote]

Oh shit that was funny. I HAVE to tell the wife that one!