Excuses: Beginners

In life many people make up excuses to defend there self pride. As a small person just beginning my diet plan that I am going to actually follow through this time I use to have many excuses myself. Now my friend uses these excuses for being small and not being able to gain weight.

1. I work out all the time, but I just don’t gain weight.

2. I have gotten to the point where I just can’t gain anymore muscle.

3. I eat everything. I eat more than the fat kid that loves cake, but I just don’t put on weight.

4. After I eat I work it all off.

Those are my friends four main excuses and they use to be mine until I finally researched on gaining weight.

The problem with all these four above excuses is the fact that they are all lies. They really all go together and without one another they serve as no purpose if you’re trying to gain weight.

Lifting = NO GAIN
Eating Big = Fat
Lifting + Eating Big = GAIN of Muscle

As obvious as you would think that this equation would be many people don’t apply it. They do one or the other then complain that they followed the rules, but just got fat or didn’t gain anything at all.

If you have heard the term eat big to gain big than that’s exactly true. My friend, like my old self believes that he is eating big. I use to too.

One day I sat down and at 6’1" 130lbs I asked myself the following, “How many calories and how much protein am I actually taking in a day?”

So I counted. A regular day with my regular meal. I was astonished to see that I was eating extremly under what my body needed pulling in only 1800 calories and 45 grams of protein. I was in wow.

The whole time I believed I was eating like a pig when I was eating like a small child. Wow! My friend continues to say he eats like a pig and I tell him that he needs to think twice because if that was the case he’d be making gains.

The point of this article is to tell you beginners including myself that it’s going to take some time and some effort to gain weight. You have to keep track of calories and protein if you want to gain.

Remember

Lifting + Eating Big = GAIN of Muscle

Now: If you were wandering I have started my program and am currently sitting at 145lbs. I can bench 150 max ever since I started my eat big lift big program.