T Nation

Excreting Fish Oil?

I’ve been on about 20-25 grams a day for the past week or so. Last night I took about ten grams at once, which I don’t usually do. On a recent trip to the bathroom, after a solid shit, I noticed an orange-yellow residue upon wiping, that smelled quite a bit like, well, fish oil. This leads me to believe I have not absorbed it. There was quite a bit. I believe I have low stomach acid levels, and have been supplementing with large amounts of HCL with every meal. I don’t think I took any with the fish oil last night, however, as I did not eat any food with it.

Ideas?

what brand of fish oil?

[quote]slimthugger wrote:
what brand of fish oil?[/quote]

Costco one–a-day and Flameout. The costco stuff is ‘enteric coated’ if that matters.

i think you answered your own question to some extent. on every bottle of regular fish oil i’ve used it says on it “take with food”. Not sure about Flameout as i’ve never used that product. i take anywhere from 10-25g per day, ALWAYS with food though.

my idea is that you take your fish oil spread a little more evenly throughout the day with meals. 10g in one shot is 50% of your fish oil for the day. you wouldn’t eat 50% of your daily protein in one sitting right?

[quote]Vicomte wrote:
slimthugger wrote:
what brand of fish oil?

Costco one–a-day and Flameout. The costco stuff is ‘enteric coated’ if that matters.[/quote]

it may be the coating…try liguid oil…carlsons is good

[quote]mikepop878 wrote:
i think you answered your own question to some extent. on every bottle of regular fish oil i’ve used it says on it “take with food”. Not sure about Flameout as i’ve never used that product. i take anywhere from 10-25g per day, ALWAYS with food though.

my idea is that you take your fish oil spread a little more evenly throughout the day with meals. 10g in one shot is 50% of your fish oil for the day. you wouldn’t eat 50% of your daily protein in one sitting right?

[/quote]

Makes sense.

I do feel a it sheepish about wasting my supply, however. Any suggestions on how to reclaim any of it?

(That’s a joke.)

[quote]Vicomte wrote:
I do feel a it sheepish about wasting my supply, however. Any suggestions on how to reclaim any of it?

(That’s a joke.)[/quote]

Shove them in your ass.

(That’s not a joke.) No homo.

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
Vicomte wrote:
I do feel a it sheepish about wasting my supply, however. Any suggestions on how to reclaim any of it?

(That’s a joke.)

Shove them in your ass.

(That’s not a joke.) No homo.[/quote]

I’m talking about the oil that came out of my ass.

I’m thinking I should just suck it off the TP.

What’s the LD50 on your own poo?

I get that occassionally. I always pop my Fish Oils after I eat theorizing that they might slow the digestion if they get in my stomach first.

S

Oil coming from your ass? Are you sure its fish oil?

Why would you think something like a lipid wouldn’t get digested? Do you have bad gastrointestinal issues?

Yellow oily butt discharge is probably bile. It happens, not a big deal.

[quote]Vicomte wrote:
I believe I have low stomach acid levels, and have been supplementing with large amounts of HCL with every meal. I don’t think I took any with the fish oil last night, however, as I did not eat any food with it.[/quote]

Your liver produces bile salts and lipase to break down fats. HCl wouldn’t do anything in this case, since it’s only for protein enzymes.

You probably just took too much fish oil at once for your body to absorb, just take less at once and spread it throughout the day.

I’ve had a problem with this sometimes. I equate it to the high amount of fish oil tabs I was taking. Some days 45…

I try and take the liquid as much as possible and it seems to take care of the problem.

[quote]HunterKiller wrote:
Oil coming from your ass? Are you sure its fish oil?

Why would you think something like a lipid wouldn’t get digested? Do you have bad gastrointestinal issues?

Yellow oily butt discharge is probably bile. It happens, not a big deal. [/quote]

Dude, it smelled just like Fish Oil. Yes I smelled it. Even if it was bile, there’s got to be some fish oil in there.

And thanks for the input guys. I’ll spread it out more from now on. What would I do without you?

I don’t think I would ever smell anythng that came out of my ass, what possible good could come from it? -lol

S

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
I don’t think I would ever smell anythng that came out of my ass, what possible good could come from it? -lol

S
[/quote]

I wanted to make sure it wasn’t blood.

This thread is just Nasty…Save it next time and don’t post what comes out of your ass plz.

[quote]AzCats wrote:
This thread is just Nasty…Save it next time and don’t post what comes out of your ass plz.[/quote]

You liked it enough to read it.

You kinky bastard.

Fat blockers like Xenical can have that effect.

[quote]Vicomte wrote:
AzCats wrote:
This thread is just Nasty…Save it next time and don’t post what comes out of your ass plz.

You liked it enough to read it.

You kinky bastard.[/quote]

Touche!

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:
Fat blockers like Xenical can have that effect.[/quote]

id hope no one here would take one of those