Height:6"0

Weight:190 lbs

Current 1RMs

Deadlift:405

Backsquat: 350 lbs

Bench Press: 285 lbs

Overhead Press: 170 lbs

Strict prone grip pullups: 15

I know a lot of people have told me to wait for this cycle but I honestly feel that I'm at a point where I have peaked and my testosterone is starting to naturally decline. It's not just lifts, I just generally don't feel so hot and youthful like I used to.
Powerlifting is one of the few sports that has elite athletes who perform well into their 40's and 50's so I think it's not too late for me to get into this sport. I've been weight training since I was 25, I was actually a track athlete before then, lol but I still did some resistance training to maintain bone and muscle health.

Here is how I am going to do my first cycle.

Weeks 1-8:400 MG testosterone cypionate, 200 mg injected twice a week.
Weeks 1-4:Anavar, 40 mg every day.
Weeks 1-8:Liquidex, 0.5 mg every other day.
PCT:Nolvadex 80/80/60/60/20/10

I have plenty of omega 3 fatty acid and milk thistle and my diet will remain as impeccable as always.

I know this might seem like a weak ass cycle but I'm concerned about losing all my hair. I use minoxidil and nizoral but I'm scared shitless of finasteride.

Most cases I hear of people experiencing hair loss with testosterone come from people using over 500 mg/day though so I think I might be alright. I'm not super prone to hair loss anyways as I didn't start losing it until about 26 and the only loss I have is a receded hairline that looks bigger than it is thanks to having a huge ass forehead.

This is really like a dream come true to me. Finally I'm going to be lifting numbers I have been dreaming about.

if you are concerned about hairloss you shouldn’t use aas… you have to choose what is more important to you

I wouldn’t recommend anavar or any orals for that matter… id would stick with just test, and maybe some NPP

cycle looks fine tho

PCT looks like serious overkill to me. Nolva at 40/40/20/20 is enough.

You’ll wish you’d ran the test higher but it’s your decision.

While Walkway is right about orals being bad for you, meh, live fast die young and all that. The anavar kick start’ll give you some pretty much instant strength gains which will be very motivating.

Enjoy! And try not to freak out about your hair too much. I really doubt you’ll have any problems.

I know orals aren’t good for me but I wouldn’t have contemplated that they’d kill me. Now I’m a little worried, but I’m also worried I won’t get any benefits from 400 mg/test.

Honestly if I had to choose between being strong and energetic or having hair I would choose the former so if I do lose my hair it won’t be the end of the world, it may even be something I welcome since I wouldn’t have to worry about using hardcore shit later on like trenbolone. I would prefer to at least not lose all of my hair on this one cycle though.

The PCT is pretty extreme but I would absolutely regret it for life if I had permanent erectile dysfunction and testicular atrophy as a result of this cycle so I’m just being precautious.

Thinking maybe I should just do a 2 week anavar cycle since I heard it does kick in really fast.

[quote]USAWchamp wrote:
Thinking maybe I should just do a 2 week anavar cycle since I heard it does kick in really fast.[/quote]

Fuck that man you won’t get shit from Anavar only cycle. This is where me and Walkway kinda drift in our beliefs Im not saying he is wrong or calling him out but there is nothing wrong with orals if done at a responsible dose for a responsible time is not going to kill you any faster than anything else. I know they can be harsher on you but that why you can’t run them as long 4 MAYBE 6 weeks tops. 400mg of Test is some what weak in my opinion but 400mg a week with 50-75mg of Var daily first 4 weeks wouldn’t be bad at all.

Only thing I have against var is that it’s expensive as hell for what it gives you.

No no, I don’t mean anavar only. I mean anavar with the test but just for a shorter period of time.

lol, live fast die young is just a figure of speech, I didn’t mean anavar would kill you.

Run it for four weeks like you’d planned

I’ll just leave this here.

“First of all, and this will come as no surprise to many people, Anavar (oxandrolone) is quite mild on your liver. Its probably the mildest oral steroid available today.”

"Due to its being a mild steroid in every sense of the word, high amounts of Anavar dosage are needed. It binds reasonably well to the AR, but pretty high doses are still needed and I would never suggest doing less than 20mgs/day. In fact, 20-80mgs are needed to start halting AIDS related wasting(1) and recovering weight for burn victims (2) so thats the range Id recommend keeping your dosages in concerning this compound. Personally, Id use 100mgs/day if I were ever going to try this stuff. Any less than this amount (20-100mgs) would be a waste. For women, however, I think 2.5-10mgs/day would suffice. Virilation is not a concern with this compound, as it is only very mildly androgenic (3). Water retention is also virtually nil with it.

Although Anavar is an oral steroid, and has been alpha-alkylated to survive oral ingestion and the first pass through the liver, its still relatively mild in that respect too…, the unique chemical configuration of anavar both confers a resistance to liver metabolism as well as noticable anabolic activity. It would also appear that Anavar appears not to exhibit the serious hepatotoxic effects (jaundice, cholestatic hepatitis, peliosis hepatis, hyperplasias and neoplasms) typically attributed to the C17alpha-alkylated AASs. (17) Anavar has even been used successfully in some studies to heal cutaneous wounds (7), or to improve respiratory function (18). Both of these novel properties could make it a good choice for in-season use for boxers, Mixed Martial Arts competitors, and other such athletes."

appears to think that the liver is the only thing orals exhibit a negative effect on^

Yea, I just copy/pasted that from another site, maybe I’m missing something. What others issues are you referring to? I plan on using some var in the near future so I’d very much appreciate your adivce (walkway knows his shit). It is my understanding that it does not aramotize, so E based sides are less of a concern, but this could be wrong.

[quote]dinomachino wrote:
Yea, I just copy/pasted that from another site, maybe I’m missing something. What others issues are you referring to? I plan on using some var in the near future so I’d very much appreciate your adivce (walkway knows his shit). It is my understanding that it does not aramotize, so E based sides are less of a concern, but this could be wrong.[/quote]

anavar is known to be very harsh on lipids… a friend of mine had his HDL drop to 2 very quickly on a low dose of it that he ran alongside a moderate dose of test.

Good to know, thanks!