Excessive Muscle Twitching?

now ive gotten random muscle spasms before, but recently its like theyre happening all the time and its all over my body; back, tricep, delts, forearm. im just wondering why its happening so much more frequent all of a sudden?

also i havent had a workout in a little over 2 weeks, so im not if that has anything to do with it at all but its the only major variable, that and loading on creatine.

Could be dehydration from the creatine.

Are you talking about cramps or jittery type twitching?

im talking about the muscle just pulsating and spasming on their own.

when i got back from the gym last night my thumb kept closing on its own (im guessing a reaction from the romanian deadlifts)

it happened before i ever took creatine, id get random bicep and delt spasms but nothing of this frequency.

You would think this is nutrition related somewhere, but I honestly don’t know. Cramps are usually a potassium issue.

no no, theyre not cramps. they dont hurt at all and i can still use whatever muscle it is when its happening. its just sometimes if im being still, or even moving, a muscle will just start flexing on its own. like my delts will just start moving, or my back, chest, even my thumb. but i assure you all its not anything like a cramp.

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:
You would think this is nutrition related somewhere, but I honestly don’t know. Cramps are usually a potassium issue.[/quote]

Electrolytes may not be to blame for cramps.

Check out the articles from http://scienceofsport.blogspot.com/ about cramps. Very insightful and well-written.

I have the exact same problem from time to time. Usually it is my biceps that will twitch from time to time. The other day it was my lat.

It has happened before I changed the way I was eating and after I’ve changed how I was eating and taking different supplements.

As was mentioned by the OP, it’s nothing like a cramp. More like you are flexing that muscle, only you aren’t in control of it.

[quote]nsb22 wrote:
I have the exact same problem from time to time. Usually it is my biceps that will twitch from time to time. The other day it was my lat.

It has happened before I changed the way I was eating and after I’ve changed how I was eating and taking different supplements.

As was mentioned by the OP, it’s nothing like a cramp. More like you are flexing that muscle, only you aren’t in control of it.[/quote]

Exact same thing happens to me randomly from time to time with all different bodyparts. Last week my right front delt was twitching. Now it’s not, no change in diet or supps.

ive heard that sort of twitching is usually a result of neuronal death

are there any supplements that u were using that u recently stopped taking (fish oil, Power Drive etc… which help promote nervous system health)

Hotcarl. I wasn’t taking any supps until a couple of weeks ago, so the supps haven’t made a difference as far as twitching.

it happens when im on or off supplements, sometimes i run out of fish oil for a couple days or maybe a week but even when im on it the twitching still occurs.

ps whos in your avy?

When I was on GVT, this happened to me like CRAZY. After the arm days, my forearms and biceps would get these strange “ticks” in one minute bursts every hour-- very difficult to explain.

Now that I’m on MAX OT, this no longer happens.

Obviously, this probably has something to do with CNS overload in my case.

I had tons of these, esp in my face (eyelids, way creepy) and legs. I personally thought they were cool until they began to annoy me. After doing some research I found that it may be related to but can usually be solved by eating some good sea salt. The coloured stuff is key because it is loaded with iodine and that can help stop the twitching. So get your salt and water.

-chris

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
it happens when im on or off supplements, sometimes i run out of fish oil for a couple days or maybe a week but even when im on it the twitching still occurs.

ps whos in your avy?[/quote]

keyra augustina

I get these kinds of twitches in my calves while I’m sitting down. You can look down and basically my calf looks like someone’s heart just pumping like crazy. Freaks me out sometimes and other times its just bad ass to look at. No clue why it happens some days and others it doesn’t, I don’t notice it unless I’m looking at them.

Could be a B6 deficiency.