T Nation

Excersise Tips

I did a search but couldn’t really find anything. Was thinking that maybe there could be one thread with tips on techniques on how to get the most out of the various excersises. But tips that help to get the most muscle size.

Ones I am personally interested in are:

Dips for triceps - (should you go to lock out or not)
Barbell and Dumbell Bench (both flat and incline) - Elbow position and pressing angle

If you have a technique that you found that really targets a particular muscle, maybe you could share it here?

Thumbs over for pull-downs with a narrow grip. Makes all the difference in the world for me. Also - eccentric curls. My arm’s don’t respond greatly to isolation, but negatives destroy them.

not so much one technique in particular, but mind muscle connection is huge imo for bodybuilders.

Many people will do a low row and lift the weight but maybe not use the muscles they want trained.

Focus on the contraction of the muscles you want to train .vs. just lifting the weight.

It often requires dropping a little weight, something most won’t do.

If I could offer anybody a “tip” or something I feel could help out many, even the know-it-alls, it would be to get your mind-muscle connection in check.

DG

[quote]Dirty Gerdy wrote:
not so much one technique in particular, but mind muscle connection is huge imo for bodybuilders.

Many people will do a low row and lift the weight but maybe not use the muscles they want trained.

Focus on the contraction of the muscles you want to train .vs. just lifting the weight.

If I could offer anybody a “tip” or something I feel could help out many, even the know-it-alls, it would be to get your mind-muscle connection in check.

DG[/quote]

I’ve often see some of the bigger guys in the gym help “newer” guys to focus on the mind/muscle connection. They for eg. Hold a finger on each pec while doing bench press

[quote]Dirty Gerdy wrote:

DG[/quote]

Currently this is my biggest challenge. Getting the right muscles to work in the back can be hard.