Excercises that Dramatically Change Physique

Hi CT,

What exercises just completely warp the physique, creating that godlike/power look almost overnight? SGHP did that for me, no exaggeration one week and look dramatically different.

I’m now doing low handle trap bar deads from a deficit (standing on 2x45 plates) and it is the hardest exercise I’ve ever done. I feel my whole nervous system/body just getting taxed and hope after I learn the movement, it will lead to profound changes.

Others I’ve noticed are weighted chins and incline tilt bench (off pins).

I ask because in terms of payback from invested effort/time some exercises are magical while others not really worth it (if you’re time constrained, or just want the best bang for buck). For instance, back squats and conventional deadlifts do not transform my physique and I used to kill these. Standard military presses also don’t do much for me. Now that same effort on SGHP and BP from pins and look different overnight.

What do you think? Thanks…

[quote]-Sigil- wrote:
Hi CT,

What exercises just completely warp the physique, creating that godlike/power look almost overnight? SGHP did that for me, no exaggeration one week and look dramatically different.

I’m now doing low handle trap bar deads from a deficit (standing on 2x45 plates) and it is the hardest exercise I’ve ever done. I feel my whole nervous system/body just getting taxed and hope after I learn the movement, it will lead to profound changes.

Others I’ve noticed are weighted chins and incline tilt bench (off pins).

I ask because in terms of payback from invested effort/time some exercises are magical while others not really worth it (if you’re time constrained, or just want the best bang for buck). For instance, back squats and conventional deadlifts do not transform my physique and I used to kill these. Standard military presses also don’t do much for me. Now that same effort on SGHP and BP from pins and look different overnight.

What do you think? Thanks…[/quote]

I’d have to agree with you on the observations you made. Although it might have something to do with the exercises being totally different than what you did in the past OR simply that they allow your own body mechanics to work optimally (basically you aren’t fighting your body). I also believe that not everybody is structurally designed to be good at every exercise and a movement where it’s impossible for you to have efficient mechanics will create more inflammation which IMHO makes it almost impossible to add muscle.

3 workouts into low bar trap bar deads (still using submaximal, practicing the weight in built for bad style) and already notice much more thickness in entire body, midsection, and legs. Even calves look different because I’ve started doing trap bar carries while walking with a calf raise.

In spirit of your vtaper article today, my taper became dramatic after I started doing front lever practice (straight arm tucked front lever raises, stradle lever holds etc). It worked far better than any lat pull down or even chinning stuff I’ve done before.

Btw built for bad can produce almost drug like effect (euphoria) when you sequence correctly and dominate those poundages. I’m doing low bar TPDL, incline tilt, weighted bar pullup, weighted ring dip, snatch grip high pull. The sequencing is great because all the exercises feed into one another and the SGHP gets me activated for my next round.

All I need is to learn ring handstand and will feel superhuman lol.

CT what are your thoughts on trap bar rows? Or deadstop rows? And stiff leg deadstop with trapbar. I started using this as my supplementary exercise after the TBDL and it feels amazing. Less lower back strain, more lats and even mid back/upper traps. I can safely use “body english”.

And when done from deadstop (initiating pull with a stiff leg kind of contraction) it feels natural and powerful. I also reread your article on violent jump squats and find doing it with trap bar is more natural and easier on joints. Basically the trap bar has as primary leg/posterior chain tool, thoughts?