Excellence Matters

[quote]
Interesting goat fact of the day.

Male goats spray themselves with their own urine to make themselves more attractive to lady goats.[/quote]

Brett , I tried that last night and my wife was not impressed! hahaha

Warm-up , pay for another year at the gym,

Db Swings 3x10sidex35, 1x10sidex40

Waiters Walks (originally I was going to rotate between types of walks but I have noticed my left shoulder which is the problematic one is far less stable.I am hoping this helps strengthen and correct some of the issues…we’ll see.

3x50pacesx40, 2x50pacesx45

Bat WIngs 5x10secholdx25 light and tight squeezing till I was a shakin’

Scap pushups 1x15, stretch…good session today heart rate up felt good when it was over…

off to the salt mine,

Peace

Sorry, what’s Waiter’s Walks?

[quote]cavalier wrote:
Sorry, what’s Waiter’s Walks?[/quote]

Cav- pick a DB up, press it overhead and take a stroll…

Day 4 OG vs 2,3,5

Snatch Grip Rack Pulls ( just below knee)

135x8, 225x5, 315x3, 5x2x335 next week moving to 355

BP

2x2,3,5x245, 1x2,3,3,2x245 although I didn’t make all 3 ladders of 2,3,5 this was actually pretty good. feeling comfortable with 245…

Seated Cable rows
3x8x140 with a 3 sec hold

one arm BB curls 5ft bar
3x10 each arm

Have a great weekend, off to the salt mine,

Peace

Great work OG. I’m curious why the snatch grip with the rack pulls? I thought snatch grip was used for deadlifts to increase the ROM and rack pulls were to decrease the ROM.

[quote]OldGoat wrote:

The key here is to spray YOURSELF, not her. There are distinctly different results with each.

[quote]ecogenx wrote:
Great work OG. I’m curious why the snatch grip with the rack pulls? I thought snatch grip was used for deadlifts to increase the ROM and rack pulls were to decrease the ROM.[/quote]

ECO- Thanks my friend, you’ve read my log long enough…do you actually think I have a clue as to why I do things? Actually, this is an exercise I got from Cressey. You’re obviously right about what you said with range of motion. Cressey feels the limited range of the rack pulls gets overcome by the amount of additional weight you can use by shortening the range. And that the wide grip with weight you couldn’t normally pull snatch grip from the floor packs muscle on your upper back and he certainly has helped mine ( ask Mrs Goat!)…plus I just like’em. I do have to use straps for the heavier stuff snatch grip is tough for me to grip.

[quote]OldGoat wrote:

[quote]ecogenx wrote:
Great work OG. I’m curious why the snatch grip with the rack pulls? I thought snatch grip was used for deadlifts to increase the ROM and rack pulls were to decrease the ROM.[/quote]

ECO- Thanks my friend, you’ve read my log long enough…do you actually think I have a clue as to why I do things? Actually, this is an exercise I got from Cressey. You’re obviously right about what you said with range of motion. Cressey feels the limited range of the rack pulls gets overcome by the amount of additional weight you can use by shortening the range. And that the wide grip with weight you couldn’t normally pull snatch grip from the floor packs muscle on your upper back and he certainly has helped mine ( ask Mrs Goat!)…plus I just like’em. I do have to use straps for the heavier stuff snatch grip is tough for me to grip.[/quote]
So the wider grip stresses the upper back more. Cool. Its great Mrs Goat is liking the muscles. A little extra love goes a long way.

And I’m just as clueless about things as you are. We’ll be clueless together.

[quote]ecogenx wrote:

[quote]OldGoat wrote:

[quote]ecogenx wrote:

ECO- Thanks my friend, you’ve read my log long enough…do you actually think I have a clue as to why I do things? Actually, this is an exercise I got from Cressey. You’re obviously right about what you said with range of motion. Cressey feels the limited range of the rack pulls gets overcome by the amount of additional weight you can use by shortening the range. And that the wide grip with weight you couldn’t normally pull snatch grip from the floor packs muscle on your upper back and he certainly has helped mine ( ask Mrs Goat!)…plus I just like’em. I do have to use straps for the heavier stuff snatch grip is tough for me to grip.[/quote]
So the wider grip stresses the upper back more. Cool. Its great Mrs Goat is liking the muscles. A little extra love goes a long way.

And I’m just as clueless about things as you are. We’ll be clueless together.

Thanks OG[/quote]

[quote]dday wrote:

[quote]OldGoat wrote:

The key here is to spray YOURSELF, not her. There are distinctly different results with each.[/quote] LMAO…I suppose you have point, DDAY!!

http://www.keeping-goats.com/more-goat-jokes.html

GPP - 2 hour walk in the woods with the gorillas…time to mow the lawn…

Snatch grip on DL in increase ROM . . . I never thought of that. The Sheiko routine calls for deficit DLs, but my gym doesn’t have any platform sturdy enough to be useful. What’s the trick with the snatch grip, does it do odd things to shoulders or what?

Growing up we had the neighbors goats swimming in our family pool once. They tore shit up and I swear they were laughing.
Goats are party animals.

OP- My wife will attest to that!

Junk day in the gym just needed to loosen up and move to help recovery.

DB swings, Waiters walks to 50lbs, bat wings, whip snatch with just the bar…T-mill, bike, stretch mob work…in and out in 45 min…feel better.

Tomorrow is a squat/bench day…

Have great one,

Peace

Day 5 OG vs 2,3,5

Squats ( i Suck )

2x,2,3,5x245 1x8x225 just not comfortable under the bar today…couldn’t find it…I sucked…did I ever tell you I hate squats…

BP

2,3,5, 8 x245 ( PR+2reps) 2,3,5x245 2,2,2,2,2 ( just spent) that should have been 10 reps not 8 on the big set…I hate BP although my shoulder is holding up…so thats a good thing…

RDL
2x8x185, 1x6x225

Hammie Curl
2x10x70 with 3 sec hold

off to the salt mine,

Peace

getting the work in ever day, that’s the way to do it

Nice BP’s OG. Specially for a light weight goat.
Congrats!
Wait, didn’t you say you gained some after your squat marathons?

OP- Thanks, man. Oh yeah I weigh a massive 180 actually 179 this AM…dont you feel the earth shake when I walk?

yesterday sucked, today was fun…It was supposed to cond/core day but I wasn’t up for that so I freelanced. Hadn’t MP’d in 6 weeks…so I thought I would do some light MP’s…

135x8, 155x5, 165x3, 175x1

ok so I lost my mind and worked a little higher than I should have…not bad considering the time away and having BP’d yesterday

Face pulls 3x10x70

Hammer curls
2x10x35, 2x6x40 ( first time back at 40’s since I was young)

Db OH tri ext one arm 25db 2x12 side

one arm curl 5ft bar
3x10

one arm BB clean ( i think thats what they were) just 5ft foot bar 2x8 side…loved em!! Add to rotation next cycle…

off to the salt mine

Peace

That’s a nice Press…