Excel Training Log

In the T-Nation War Room…there is a poll going for The Best Gadget Ever.

Most pollers are voting, that the training log as the most necessary piece to have in their bag. I agree, and feel that it is extremely important to track where you’ve been, so you know where you’re going.

My question is, does anyone here have, or ever used an Excel type-training log? I’ve been writing down all of my workouts for the last year or so. I would like to get them on my database, but I just can’t seem to find a good template.

Could you share where you’ve found one…and if it’s worthwhile?

My excel training log changes rather frequently, but I’ll share my nutrition log with you if you PM me. It’s pretty sweet.

I wrote an excel training log for the intermediate training section in Ian King’s Book o’ Muscle. And I love it. Much easier to track that rewriting all the workouts every time.

I’d be happy to send you a copy if you want to see what I did.

1 Like

I have an excel log template that I print out and write on. My actual log is written on a clipboard (on these sheets) while I"m working out.

I prepare my workout before-hand, writing it on the log. I modify, as needed, dynamically, and will write that in.

[quote]futuredave wrote:
I wrote an excel training log for the intermediate training section in Ian King’s Book o’ Muscle. And I love it. Much easier to track that rewriting all the workouts every time.

I’d be happy to send you a copy if you want to see what I did.

[/quote]

Please do! I’m always interested in checking out what’s out there.

Duke and JackZepplin…thanks for the Templates…awesome!

[quote]michaelv wrote:
I have an excel log template that I print out and write on. My actual log is written on a clipboard (on these sheets) while I"m working out.

I prepare my workout before-hand, writing it on the log. I modify, as needed, dynamically, and will write that in.[/quote]

I’ve been writing my down in Steno Pads…and when the book is full I file it away and start a new one.

The main drawback is sometimes various sheets will start pulling away.

With the excel template I’ll now be able to record each workout without worrying about losing any details. I’ve got a zip drive that I’ll save those records in case something was to happen to my hard drive.