Ex Wife Scores Some Lotto Money

[quote]Cprimero wrote:
Seems to me that rule #1 of winning the lottery is don’t tell ANYONE, EVER.[/quote]

This.

Call a lawyer and tell your dog. People will come out of the woodwork wanting a piece of you. I know its true because I saw it on TV.

[quote]DJHT wrote:
I am a divorced dad that caught my X fucking half the navy, but I am also a father. If you read the article they have a 13 year old daughter. Just pay the X/mom the money and move on in life. You won 56 million giving her 2 million so your kid has a good household on both sides is the morally correct thing to do. [/quote]

Oh, I completely agree. No person needs more than say, $10 million to live very comfortably for their entire lives. I mean, he was giving her some of it anyway.

BUT, the fact that she took him to court to get money out of him and won, well, it bothers me.

[quote]Eli B wrote:

[quote]Cprimero wrote:
Seems to me that rule #1 of winning the lottery is don’t tell ANYONE, EVER.[/quote]

This.

Call a lawyer and tell your dog. People will come out of the woodwork wanting a piece of you. I know its true because I saw it on TV.[/quote]

It’s very true… people will act like you owe them something because you’ve suddenly become rich.

[quote]DJHT wrote:
I am a divorced dad that caught my X fucking half the navy, but I am also a father. If you read the article they have a 13 year old daughter. Just pay the X/mom the money and move on in life. You won 56 million giving her 2 million so your kid has a good household on both sides is the morally correct thing to do. [/quote]

This sentiment is idiotic and the reason why divorce laws and lawyers continually screw over the guy. Yes, it is easier for him to just give her the money and be done with it, but the underlying precedent it sets for all future cases like this and all men in general just completely sucks donkey balls. I would have fought the bitch tooth and nail and dragged it out as long as humanly possible, even if it meant my winnings were locked up while in litigation.

What’s now to stop some dumb self-entitled bitch from trying to get money out of an ex after he makes millions in a business venture, or from becoming famous, etc. Sometimes someone has to take the lead with these things and this limp dick moron who marries days after winning obviously wasn’t the guy for the job.

Oh, and if you read the whole article, the kid would have had a good household either way, she wasn’t gonna starve. Her dad had a good relationship with her and paid support, and I am sure she would have seen a windfall from his winnings.

[quote]RSGZ wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

Oh, I completely agree. No person needs more than say, $10 million to live very comfortably for their entire lives. I mean, he was giving her some of it anyway.

BUT, the fact that she took him to court to get money out of him and won, well, it bothers me.[/quote]

Dont get me wrong, I have been divorced for 12 years now and remarried. I have one kid left to pay Child support on and she is 17. If I won the lottery today, my X wife would do the exact same thing on taking me to court. The dumb ass should have just offered her 5 at the get go and avoid the court costs and time.

[quote]kman3b18 wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

This sentiment is idiotic and the reason why divorce laws and lawyers continually screw over the guy. Yes, it is easier for him to just give her the money and be done with it, but the underlying precedent it sets for all future cases like this and all men in general just completely sucks donkey balls. I would have fought the bitch tooth and nail and dragged it out as long as humanly possible, even if it meant my winnings were locked up while in litigation.

What’s now to stop some dumb self-entitled bitch from trying to get money out of an ex after he makes millions in a business venture, or from becoming famous, etc. Sometimes someone has to take the lead with these things and this limp dick moron who marries days after winning obviously wasn’t the guy for the job.

Oh, and if you read about this, the kid would have had a good household either way, she wasn’t gonna starve. Her dad had a good relationship with her and paid support, and I am sure she would have seen a windfall from his winnings.[/quote]

Are you a parent? Have you been through a divorce yourself? If so you are entitled to your opinion if not STFU.

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]RSGZ wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

BUT, the fact that she took him to court to get money out of him and won, well, it bothers me.[/quote]

Dont get me wrong, I have been divorced for 12 years now and remarried. I have one kid left to pay Child support on and she is 17. If I won the lottery today, my X wife would do the exact same thing on taking me to court. The dumb ass should have just offered her 5 at the get go and avoid the court costs and time. [/quote]

So in other words, if you play the lottery, get a clean-break clause (or US equivalent) STAT!

Paying a more-than-reasonable allimony for YOUR child is great. Even give her a large sum of money for college. I still don’t see why the wife deserves any of it (unless you want to give her some).

[quote]RSGZ wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]RSGZ wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

Dont get me wrong, I have been divorced for 12 years now and remarried. I have one kid left to pay Child support on and she is 17. If I won the lottery today, my X wife would do the exact same thing on taking me to court. The dumb ass should have just offered her 5 at the get go and avoid the court costs and time. [/quote]

So in other words, if you play the lottery, get a clean-break clause (or US equivalent) STAT!

Paying a more-than-reasonable allimony for YOUR child is great. Even give her a large sum of money for college. I still don’t see why the wife deserves any of it (unless you want to give her some).[/quote]

Its not giving its paying her the fuck off. I could start a whole thread on the ins and outs of being a divorced MALE parent. Guys can talk shit all they want until they get in front of the court. There is a double standard, it will take a long time to change so find a way to conquer and over come.

You give her 5 with a legal contract saying this is it child support (in US), no more ever again, we are done here. This would save you so much head ache and fucking trouble you have no idea. At least here in Texas, believe it.

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]kman3b18 wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

Oh, and if you read about this, the kid would have had a good household either way, she wasn’t gonna starve. Her dad had a good relationship with her and paid support, and I am sure she would have seen a windfall from his winnings.[/quote]

Are you a parent? Have you been through a divorce yourself? If so you are entitled to your opinion if not STFU. [/quote]

No and no tough guy. But I would also bet that you are the loud mouth who complains to your friends every chance you get about your ex-wife and the legal system and so on, but clearly you wouldn’t want to do any of the actual dirty work yourself. Just keep complaining and hope someone else magically makes things better.

The point is that someone ideally should step up in a situation like this. Just because you and the guy in the article don’t have the fortitude to does not mean that everyone takes your ‘let me bend over and take it like a man’ stance towards life.

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]RSGZ wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]RSGZ wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

Paying a more-than-reasonable allimony for YOUR child is great. Even give her a large sum of money for college. I still don’t see why the wife deserves any of it (unless you want to give her some).[/quote]

Its not giving its paying her the fuck off. I could start a whole thread on the ins and outs of being a divorced MALE parent. Guys can talk shit all they want until they get in front of the court. There is a double standard, it will take a long time to change so find a way to conquer and over come.

You give her 5 with a legal contract saying this is it child support (in US), no more ever again, we are done here. This would save you so much head ache and fucking trouble you have no idea. At least here in Texas, believe it. [/quote]

How hilarious, as this just proved my point in the post above. I feel for your troubles man, and I’m sure the situation of being a divorced dad with the laws the way they are completely sucks, but how exactly do you think these changes come about? In modern society it starts with litigation and setting precedents.

You want things to change right? I would guess yes. In that case then you want to reap the benefits of the change, but wouldn’t want to take an active part in the change if you were in this situation. Quite hypocritical if you asked me.

[quote]kman3b18 wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]kman3b18 wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

Are you a parent? Have you been through a divorce yourself? If so you are entitled to your opinion if not STFU. [/quote]

No and no tough guy. But I would also bet that you are the loud mouth who complains to your friends every chance you get about your ex-wife and the legal system and so on, but clearly you wouldn’t want to do any of the actual dirty work yourself. Just keep complaining and hope someone else magically makes things better.

The point is that someone ideally should step up in a situation like this. Just because you and the guy in the article don’t have the fortitude to does not mean that everyone takes your ‘let me bend over and take it like a man’ stance towards life. [/quote]

Well since this is the internet it is a moot point. I have pictures in my hub of my kids and new wife. Your opinion means shit little kid, when you grow up maybe I will listen to you otherwise fuck off. You want to change the world good luck some day you will realize you are not a special snowflake and the world could give two shits about you.

[quote]kman3b18 wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]RSGZ wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]RSGZ wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

You give her 5 with a legal contract saying this is it child support (in US), no more ever again, we are done here. This would save you so much head ache and fucking trouble you have no idea. At least here in Texas, believe it. [/quote]

How hilarious, as this just proved my point in the post above. I feel for your troubles man, and I’m sure the situation of being a divorced dad with the laws the way they are completely sucks, but how exactly do you think these changes come about? In modern society it starts with litigation and setting precedents.

You want things to change right? I would guess yes. In that case then you want to reap the benefits of the change, but wouldn’t want to take an active part in the change if you were in this situation. Quite hypocritical if you asked me.
[/quote]

Again little man dont assume things you know nothing about. I understand the legal system cause I have been in it, not sitting at school reading it in a book. Again when you get done with school and grow up maybe you will understand.

And just FYI my now wife of 11 years X husband has not paid child support EVER and owes $98,000. The system is set up because of precedent such as this because of dead beat dads. So stop make assumptions on the adult world you are not even in yet.

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]kman3b18 wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]kman3b18 wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

The point is that someone ideally should step up in a situation like this. Just because you and the guy in the article don’t have the fortitude to does not mean that everyone takes your ‘let me bend over and take it like a man’ stance towards life. [/quote]

Well since this is the internet it is a moot point. I have pictures in my hub of my kids and new wife. Your opinion means shit little kid, when you grow up maybe I will listen to you otherwise fuck off. You want to change the world good luck some day you will realize you are not a special snowflake and the world could give two shits about you. [/quote]

Maybe I’m not, but just maybe I am; and I sure as hell am not idealistic if that’s what you think, but I’m also glad that not everyone takes your pessimistic view of the world, or it really would be a complete shithole.

And clearly you are not catching up quickly, as this whole situation was hypothetical based upon what we would do in the lottery winners position. Maybe YOU don’t have the capacity or ability to change things in your current state (which is fine, no blame at all, it’s the hand life dealt you), but the guy who won 56 million pounds DOES have that ability and we were putting ourselves in his shoes.

[quote]Squiggles wrote:
Moral of the story?

• Be careful who you marry.

• Get a prenup that makes you truly free if you divorce.

• Don’t freaking go out and buy a $4m house right after winnings. This idiot is going to be broke in 5 years and crying our for public assistance. You want a $4m house? Fine. But first you have to have a steady stream of cash coming in. Invest that money. Sheesh, even that Facebook kid Zuckerberg is smart enough to rent a normal cheap house right now. You don’t go around buying big pieces of property until you’ve firmly tracked the gravy train. Otherwise, you’re heading for financial ruin.[/quote]

What are you talking about?
Property, especially when there’s something valuable like a house standing on it, is the best investment there is.
Read: He BOUGHT a house, unlike many Americans who essentially borrowed houses from their banks with extremely little capital of their own and then lost everything in the crisis.

If I would win 50 million bucks I would certainly buy lots of property, weapons and high-end manufacturing goods because that shit is still worth something when the economy goes tits-up.

[quote]lewhitehurst wrote:

[quote]Vinnie85 wrote:
another reason not to get divorced… its cheaper to keep the bish [/quote]

You’ve obviously never been in a bad marriage. And seeing as SHE walked out on him that phrase doesn’t even apply.

And as an aside, at least man up enough to actually write out “bitch” as opposed to some cutesie “bitch” spelling.[/quote]

Don’t discriminate. He might be latino and that’s how he pronounces it for real. Axe him. I might just be right. :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote]kman3b18 wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]kman3b18 wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]kman3b18 wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

Well since this is the internet it is a moot point. I have pictures in my hub of my kids and new wife. Your opinion means shit little kid, when you grow up maybe I will listen to you otherwise fuck off. You want to change the world good luck some day you will realize you are not a special snowflake and the world could give two shits about you. [/quote]

Maybe I’m not, but just maybe I am; and I sure as hell am not idealistic if that’s what you think, but I’m also glad that not everyone takes your pessimistic view of the world, or it really would be a complete shithole.

And clearly you are not catching up quickly, as this whole situation was hypothetical based upon what we would do in the lottery winners position. Maybe YOU don’t have the capacity or ability to change things in your current state (which is fine, no blame at all, it’s the hand life dealt you), but the guy who won 56 million pounds DOES have that ability and we were putting ourselves in his shoes. [/quote]

No just adults take a realistic not pessimistic view of the world. I know this was a hypothetical situation, YOU picked my contribution to put your 2 fucking cents in. Why did you pick mine? Because you think in your little world you know more than what I wrote.

And Mr. Know it all did the guy who won 56 million change anything? Did he win in court? You are missing the point, in my experience (not theory) you are better served to pay her money take the higher road. And move on with your life. Then what did you do, interject your opinion that in your (theory) all divorced Dads should just not take this from the courts. We should all just spend thousands and thousands of dollars and miss work, take time and money away from our families now to make a change. Again when you grow up come back and look at this thread.

[quote]Dre the Hatchet wrote:

[quote]Squiggles wrote:
Moral of the story?

• Be careful who you marry.

• Get a prenup that makes you truly free if you divorce.

• Don’t freaking go out and buy a $4m house right after winnings. This idiot is going to be broke in 5 years and crying our for public assistance. You want a $4m house? Fine. But first you have to have a steady stream of cash coming in. Invest that money. Sheesh, even that Facebook kid Zuckerberg is smart enough to rent a normal cheap house right now. You don’t go around buying big pieces of property until you’ve firmly tracked the gravy train. Otherwise, you’re heading for financial ruin.[/quote]

What are you talking about?
Property, especially when there’s something valuable like a house standing on it, is the best investment there is.
Read: He BOUGHT a house, unlike many Americans who essentially borrowed houses from their banks with extremely little capital of their own and then lost everything in the crisis.

If I would win 50 million bucks I would certainly buy lots of property, weapons and high-end manufacturing goods because that shit is still worth something when the economy goes tits-up.
[/quote]

Um, look at home many rich people BOUGHT property and then subsequently lost it in the last couple years. High-value property involves high costs over the duration of owning it. Market fluctuations can kick the crap out of his investment’s value. Yes, he can afford it for the rest of his life if he budgets and is mindful of his bank account, but that’s not human nature - human nature is to scale one’s lifestyle in proportion to one’s salary. People look at $56m (less after he gets raped on taxes) and think, “This’ll last forever”. Hence the reason people like Trump are bankrupt. If he already went out and bought a $4m house, then he’s seeing stars and probably looking into getting an expensive car or three and a hot tub and a giant TV, ad infinitum. The odds are very, very high that he’ll live like Jagger for a half/one decade and then hit the floor broke with property taxes he can’t pay + more. God knows if I had that money, I’d eventually get a mansion and Ferrari and whatnot, but I’d have the sense to do it in a way that the odds of losing it were very, very small. All I said is that a wise person’s first thought wouldn’t be: “Wow, I just got an assload of cash, I’m buying a big house.” It would be: “Wow, I just got an assload of cash, I’m gonna spend the next 12/24 months using this money to earn myself a perpetually bigger assload of cash so that everyday is a holiday.”

I’m well aware of the investment value of property (two months ago I purchased 100 acres that’s being used to grow corn for fuel, cha-ching baby), but one has to invest wisely. Where he’s at right now, there’s nowhere to go but down. I hope he has the sense to use his money wisely and not spend it all on private lap dances.

Maybe you’d buy land and an assload of guns, and maybe it’d work for you. For myself, I’d make sure my first big purchases went towards something that would put a wad of cash into my bank account every month until I was a real-life Mr. Burns.

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]kman3b18 wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]kman3b18 wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]kman3b18 wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

And clearly you are not catching up quickly, as this whole situation was hypothetical based upon what we would do in the lottery winners position. Maybe YOU don’t have the capacity or ability to change things in your current state (which is fine, no blame at all, it’s the hand life dealt you), but the guy who won 56 million pounds DOES have that ability and we were putting ourselves in his shoes. [/quote]

No just adults take a realistic not pessimistic view of the world. I know this was a hypothetical situation, YOU picked my contribution to put your 2 fucking cents in. Why did you pick mine? Because you think in your little world you know more than what I wrote.

And Mr. Know it all did the guy who won 56 million change anything? Did he win in court? You are missing the point, in my experience (not theory) you are better served to pay her money take the higher road. And move on with your life. Then what did you do, interject your opinion that in your (theory) all divorced Dads should just not take this from the courts. We should all just spend thousands and thousands of dollars and miss work, take time and money away from our families now to make a change. Again when you grow up come back and look at this thread. [/quote]

God, do I really have to pick apart this post? I guess I must because your reading comprehension skills are lacking.

First, I picked your initial post because in the winners situation you would have just given the ex 5 mil for no good God damn reason other than she is a spiteful bitch and you can’t be bothered to stand up to that attitude. Yes, let’s have more supplicating people out there as I’m sure that is the path that great men in history took as well.

Next, take a guess why the lottery winner didn’t change anything? Hmmmm, maybe because he took your position and didn’t care about being legally bitch slapped and just wanted the fuss to be over with. That’s fine then for him to do, but then he has no right to complain about the legal system. He had an active opportunity to set a standard that freeloading women shouldn’t get something for nothing just because they complain louder than others, but what did he do, he ‘took the high road’ according to you.

And finally, please show me where I stated that all divorced dads should just not take it from the courts? I’m sure you can’t, because you not so cleverly just made that up. Take a look at what I wrote in my first post when responding to you…

"This sentiment is idiotic and the reason why divorce laws and lawyers continually screw over the guy. Yes, it is easier for him to just give her the money and be done with it, but the underlying precedent it sets for all future cases like this and all men in general just completely sucks donkey balls. I would have fought the bitch tooth and nail and dragged it out as long as humanly possible, even if it meant my winnings were locked up while in litigation.

Oh, and if you read the whole article, the kid would have had a good household either way, she wasn’t gonna starve. Her dad had a good relationship with her and paid support, and I am sure she would have seen a windfall from his winnings."

I was obviously talking about this hypothetical situation where the guy has the means to take on the ex and the court, but you decided to blindly interpret it as saying that all men, even those without the means, should do this. Please keep making things up to bolster your arguement. I don’t believe that all men should do this, as it can be detrimental, but what I do believe is that men should learn the law when a divorce or separation is in the works, and not just naively believe that the justice system will works things out for the best. Way too many ignorant souls out there, and I wouldn’t be surprised if you were in that situation as well based on your bitter attitude.

Oh, and please stop projecting. Just because you may have been a shit for brains early 20 something that didn’t have the capacity for intellectual discussion does not mean that everyone fits your bill. I don’t have kids nor have been married, but that does not mean that I haven’t seen these things up close or that I don’t have the ability to comprehend these situations just because I’m still getting ‘book learned’.

The rich man’s joke is always funny. – (Proverb)

[quote]kman3b18 wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]kman3b18 wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]kman3b18 wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]kman3b18 wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

And Mr. Know it all did the guy who won 56 million change anything? Did he win in court? You are missing the point, in my experience (not theory) you are better served to pay her money take the higher road. And move on with your life. Then what did you do, interject your opinion that in your (theory) all divorced Dads should just not take this from the courts. We should all just spend thousands and thousands of dollars and miss work, take time and money away from our families now to make a change. Again when you grow up come back and look at this thread. [/quote]

God, do I really have to pick apart this post? I guess I must because your reading comprehension skills are lacking.

First, I picked your initial post because in the winners situation you would have just given the ex 5 mil for no good God damn reason other than she is a spiteful bitch and you can’t be bothered to stand up to that attitude. Yes, let’s have more supplicating people out there as I’m sure that is the path that great men in history took as well.

Next, take a guess why the lottery winner didn’t change anything? Hmmmm, maybe because he took your position and didn’t care about being legally bitch slapped and just wanted the fuss to be over with. That’s fine then for him to do, but then he has no right to complain about the legal system. He had an active opportunity to set a standard that freeloading women shouldn’t get something for nothing just because they complain louder than others, but what did he do, he ‘took the high road’ according to you.

And finally, please show me where I stated that all divorced dads should just not take it from the courts? I’m sure you can’t, because you not so cleverly just made that up. Take a look at what I wrote in my first post when responding to you…

"This sentiment is idiotic and the reason why divorce laws and lawyers continually screw over the guy. Yes, it is easier for him to just give her the money and be done with it, but the underlying precedent it sets for all future cases like this and all men in general just completely sucks donkey balls. I would have fought the bitch tooth and nail and dragged it out as long as humanly possible, even if it meant my winnings were locked up while in litigation.

Oh, and if you read the whole article, the kid would have had a good household either way, she wasn’t gonna starve. Her dad had a good relationship with her and paid support, and I am sure she would have seen a windfall from his winnings."

I was obviously talking about this hypothetical situation where the guy has the means to take on the ex and the court, but you decided to blindly interpret it as saying that all men, even those without the means, should do this. Please keep making things up to bolster your arguement. I don’t believe that all men should do this, as it can be detrimental, but what I do believe is that men should learn the law when a divorce or separation is in the works, and not just naively believe that the justice system will works things out for the best. Way too many ignorant souls out there, and I wouldn’t be surprised if you were in that situation as well based on your bitter attitude.

Oh, and please stop projecting. Just because you may have been a shit for brains early 20 something that didn’t have the capacity for intellectual discussion does not mean that everyone fits your bill. I don’t have kids nor have been married, but that does not mean that I haven’t seen these things up close or that I don’t have the ability to comprehend these situations just because I’m still getting ‘book learned’.[/quote]

Okay kid I read some of your rant, but not all cause it is pointless. Was the guy from England who won 56 million dollars not taken to court and lose?

I am not going to argue every little point, but I am bored at work right now so what the hell. I was once in my 20’s a father and thought I new everything like you, then life happens. If you did a little looking you could see what I have posted on these boards and would not be such a kid.

This is civil court not criminal, and let me you in on a little secret every day X wifes take their successful husbands back to court to get more money (I know I am one of them). You know what makes change, guys who pay there fucking child support is how. If more guys would fucking take care of there KIDS then you would not have this social stigma. In my view point to pay off is for the X wife to get off you ass and not take time away from your kids. Again a parent would understand that, so keep book learning and please think back some day when you grow up about this thread.