Ex-Gf Left Me, "Still Loves Me." Help?

I know she hasn’t run off to another guy. She’s just not that type of person. She’s a homebody, family type of girl. So who knows I don’t and I think that’s what’s eating me up

I’ve Never really been bad with break ups, but this one has gotten me mentally. Probably just how close me and her got. And the fact she seems to keep giving out “hope”

Yeah I agree man. All this happened like over night all unexpected. Hardly any explanations, so it’s just a very sore wound at the moment.

With all due respect, you don’t know.

That’s an extremely shitty move that some people (especially women) like to do, hoping to keep their options open. A random “how are you doing” or “I miss you” every month or two.

See, this is the cynicism, @polo77j.

I would say (not that it makes it any better, mind you) that women have a bad tendency to try to soften bad news. We don’t do conflict well and we don’t like to hurt people. We have difficulty with a hard “no.”

Nothing for me to disagree with here.

1 Like

Think it now. Operate off that paradigm.

1 Like

I’d much rather just here a “no” then be given false hope. The false hope is driving me crazy

1 Like

So… you agree, it is false hope?

2 Likes

She’s giving you false hope because she’s trying to let you down easy. Dont take the bait, there is no hope. And why would you want to get back with someone that just dropped you like nothing? Listen to what every single person here is saying, move on.

I do and I don’t at the same time. From what everyone is saying in here it is false hope. I mean I know people say “never say never” but still

It’s hard to let go I guess. Especially when I thought she was the one and she thought I was the one. I am slowly moving on but painfully

1 Like

I left my ex-gf, I still loved her. I wasn’t stable emotionally. I had to change, I needed to change. I worked on me. But I didn’t fucking give her false hope. So yeah, cut ties. If she wants to come back someday, she will contact you. Otherwise try to move on.

Literally no one here has said that. The best way to get over her is to start living a good life. Start improving yourself. Focus on setting a new PR. Improve your cardio. Take up wood working/carpentry. Learn a new skill. Join a club. Make new friends. Grow as a person. Learn how to invest. Something other than feeling sorry for yourself about being dumped. Self-pity isn’t going to help you feel better about the reality of being dumped. It happened. There is not hope of rekindling the relationship.

Think about it like this: Say you two get back together. What then? You’ll constantly have that fear in the pit of your stomach that she’ll dump you like a bad burrito, again, right? You’ll also go out of your way to try to be extra nice or w/e which is a great way to dry up a girl like the Gobi desert.

Get this thought of getting back together anytime soon out of your head and get busy living. The opposite isn’t going to help.

It is. So what? Still has to happen, right?

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve been trying to focus on me and not think about it. Like doing my job and working out. From time to time I get hit with that sad feeling or I’ll check her social media

Yeah no dude do NOT check her social media. Block her/unfollow her

1 Like

You’re right man… I need to just get it all out of my head and let whatever happen, happen.

I think I need to unfollow her. I know she looks at my social media stories. But I guess if I want to get over her I need to do that

1 Like

I guess someone is more attractive moving on and doing them then being sad and depressed to the ex?

1 Like

Also, yeah

Plenty of solid advice given here. If I were you, I’d take everything that the other posters have given you to heart and not to be wishy-washy about it. Then stop checking this thread.