T Nation

Ex-Friend, Also Illegal Alien.

Take a guy you’ve known for about 10 years. Always thought he was one of your closest friends. Hell, he calls you his brother sometimes.

You get him a job working for your dad. Supposedly everything was legal, but now I have my doubts that his contract and anything else was legitimate.

You find out he’s cheating, lying, and stealing while working for you. That he says one thing to your face and lies constantly about you to pretty much everyone else around him. That he pretty much envies everything you’ve done and hates your guts with a jealous passion.

You find out all these things shortly after you’ve let him know you won’t have a job for him any more. You keep learning more and more about his deceit.

So he overstays his legal visitation period from Canada by about 4 months. Then goes back there for ~1 month and comes back for several months, planning to stay indefinitely while running a business and not paying taxes.

Do you report him to the INS/Homeland Security/whoever, or say fuck it and let karma come around?

Curious what your thoughts are.

[quote]Aeon Infinitus wrote:
Take a guy you’ve known for about 10 years. Always thought he was one of your closest friends. Hell, he calls you his brother sometimes.

You get him a job working for your dad. Supposedly everything was legal, but now I have my doubts that his contract and anything else was legitimate.

You find out he’s cheating, lying, and stealing while working for you. That he says one thing to your face and lies constantly about you to pretty much everyone else around him. That he pretty much envies everything you’ve done and hates your guts with a jealous passion.

You find out all these things shortly after you’ve let him know you won’t have a job for him any more. You keep learning more and more about his deceit.

So he overstays his legal visitation period from Canada by about 4 months. Then goes back there for ~1 month and comes back for several months, planning to stay indefinitely while running a business and not paying taxes.

Do you report him to the INS/Homeland Security/whoever, or say fuck it and let karma come around?

Curious what your thoughts are.[/quote]

He sounds like a backstabber.

It all depends on how bad he screwed you over.

If he really fucked you over call INS or whatever. Just don’t count on them doing anything.

If his betrayals were small scale forget him. Life is too short to be bitter about assholes like that.

Good luck reporting him:

http://www.vdare.com/mann/reporting_aliens.htm

(866) DHS-2ICE or (866) 347-2423

Since you say he’s running a business and not paying taxes, report him to the IRS.

Zap - Not so much bitter as acknowledging the fact that he’s not contributing and is leeching from the country and not respecting our laws. Doesn’t seem like somebody we want around, and if a simple phone call can help out, I guess I’m debating if that’s the reasonable, correct thing to do.

I’d rather my motivation be at least more legal and such than vindictive for what he did specifically to me.

Doogie, awesome. Thanks for the link!

Larryb, the IRS would have fun with that, wouldn’t it?

Good food for thought. Thanks guys.

[quote]Aeon Infinitus wrote:
Zap - Not so much bitter as acknowledging the fact that he’s not contributing and is leeching from the country and not respecting our laws. Doesn’t seem like somebody we want around, and if a simple phone call can help out, I guess I’m debating if that’s the reasonable, correct thing to do.

I’d rather my motivation be at least more legal and such than vindictive for what he did specifically to me.

Doogie, awesome. Thanks for the link!

Larryb, the IRS would have fun with that, wouldn’t it?

Good food for thought. Thanks guys.[/quote]

You’re vindictive but you don’t want to appear vindictive. Am I right or am I right?

If you can prove he was stealing from you prosecute him.

You reap what you sow… you sowed kindness, he sowed deceit and more, he’ll reap his…

What I would like to know is if this would even be a question if the guy was illegal from Mexico and not Candida?

Seems like people are quick to run down illegals from Mexico, but don’t seem to care too much about Canada. If they are illegal, they are illegal. Shouldn’t matter where they come from or what skin color they have.

[quote]Lorisco wrote:
What I would like to know is if this would even be a question if the guy was illegal from Mexico and not Candida?

Seems like people are quick to run down illegals from Mexico, but don’t seem to care too much about Canada. If they are illegal, they are illegal. Shouldn’t matter where they come from or what skin color they have.
[/quote]

yes, you should not become a snitch because of either of them.

[quote]orion wrote:
Lorisco wrote:
What I would like to know is if this would even be a question if the guy was illegal from Mexico and not Candida?

Seems like people are quick to run down illegals from Mexico, but don’t seem to care too much about Canada. If they are illegal, they are illegal. Shouldn’t matter where they come from or what skin color they have.

yes, you should not become a snitch because of either of them.[/quote]

Disagree. He can go back to Canada and if he wants to come back, he needs to obey our laws.

[quote]grew7 wrote:
orion wrote:
Lorisco wrote:
What I would like to know is if this would even be a question if the guy was illegal from Mexico and not Candida?

Seems like people are quick to run down illegals from Mexico, but don’t seem to care too much about Canada. If they are illegal, they are illegal. Shouldn’t matter where they come from or what skin color they have.

yes, you should not become a snitch because of either of them.

Disagree. He can go back to Canada and if he wants to come back, he needs to obey our laws.[/quote]

Then remember that people may love treason but despise traitors.

Report him faster than he can say “Stephen Harper.”

[quote]Lorisco wrote:
What I would like to know is if this would even be a question if the guy was illegal from Mexico and not Candida?

Seems like people are quick to run down illegals from Mexico, but don’t seem to care too much about Canada. If they are illegal, they are illegal. Shouldn’t matter where they come from or what skin color they have.
[/quote]

First spell CANADA correctly. Second you have no clue what you are talking about. There aren’t millions of Canadians crossing the border illegally every year.

If Canada treated their citizens like Mexico treats theirs then they would come over in droves too, but it doesn’t. A few slip through the cracks because Canada has very similar culture characteristics as the US. Therefore they “fit in” without drawing attention. Turn them in, they will be caught and sent back.

Mexicans, however, have very different culture characteristics than Americans. Even the kids of Mexicans who are born here are “Americanized” and fit in. The parents never do.

And who the hell is running down whom? Illegal aliens from Mexico are doing the running and the USBP is doing what it can to catch them.

[quote]Wreckless wrote:
You’re vindictive but you don’t want to appear vindictive. Am I right or am I right?[/quote]

Sure. Except that I don’t have any issue with appearing vindinctive. You can be, without wanting to act on that particular emotion. Kinda like the situation where you kill the guy you find your wife in bed with and then end up in jail. Pointless.

He has to deal with his shortcomings and such. Past the immediate ‘he did something shitty’, you have the fact that we work to pay taxes, and he collects on city services and whatnot fueled by them and pays nothing.

Whether he’s from Canada or Mexico doesn’t make any difference. Why have a double standard? Neither are respecting our laws regarding that, so how many other edges are they going to cut?

The fact that he’s not honest or have anything to offer to our country just compounds the issue.

[quote]MaloVerde wrote:
Lorisco wrote:
What I would like to know is if this would even be a question if the guy was illegal from Mexico and not Candida?

Seems like people are quick to run down illegals from Mexico, but don’t seem to care too much about Canada. If they are illegal, they are illegal. Shouldn’t matter where they come from or what skin color they have.

First spell CANADA correctly. Second you have no clue what you are talking about. There aren’t millions of Canadians crossing the border illegally every year.

If Canada treated their citizens like Mexico treats theirs then they would come over in droves too, but it doesn’t. A few slip through the cracks because Canada has very similar culture characteristics as the US. Therefore they “fit in” without drawing attention. Turn them in, they will be caught and sent back.

Mexicans, however, have very different culture characteristics than Americans. Even the kids of Mexicans who are born here are “Americanized” and fit in. The parents never do.

And who the hell is running down whom? Illegal aliens from Mexico are doing the running and the USBP is doing what it can to catch them. [/quote]

When Candida starts being a real country and not the illegitimate French trailer trash that they are, then I will spell CANADA!

They have never taken a stand against anything in their entire pathetic history. The only reason they are not speaking Russian right now is because Alaska is between them and Russia. Just like Mexico, if Candia were not connected geographically to the US they would have been taken over many times by other non-so-tolerant nations.

And if Candious is so great, why does milk cost $5 a gallon? Why do those French want-a-bees come to the US for healthcare? Why? Because their government has ruined their economy with socialism, most are just too stupid to realize it!