Ex-Cop Helps Drug Users Hide Drugs

I agree that a lot of time and resources are wasted on going after people who smoke weed. I don’t really feel this guy’s methods are going to be very effective. Cops are going to know all the tricks anyway. Not a bad idea to make a few bucks though.

[quote]NDM wrote:

I agree that a lot of time and resources are wasted on going after people who smoke weed. I don’t really feel this guy’s methods are going to be very effective. Cops are going to know all the tricks anyway. Not a bad idea to make a few bucks though.

[/quote]

This guy is a douche bag. His video could quite possibly encourage idiots who didn’t have the fortitude to involve themselves in the drug game, to give it a try.

Agree or disagree with the war on drugs, it is the law. This ex-cop’s video will only increase the possibility of violence.

So no, it is not a good way to make a few extra bucks. Any idea as to why his an ex-cop?

[quote]NDM wrote:

[/quote]

I agree. Many people in law enforcement look the other way when it comes to pot(small amounts anyway). If pot was legal many industries would take a big financial hit-Alcohol, tobacco and the drug companies. It would also open the door for hemp which would affect the paper and synthetic fiber industry. Hemp seeds are also very nutritious.

[quote]MaloVerde wrote:
NDM wrote:[/quote]

[quote]MSN

This guy is a douche bag. His video could quite possibly encourage idiots who didn’t have the fortitude to involve themselves in the drug game, to give it a try.

Agree or disagree with the war on drugs, it is the law. This ex-cop’s video will only increase the possibility of violence.

So no, it is not a good way to make a few extra bucks. Any idea as to why his an ex-cop?[/quote]

I really don’t support this ex-cop, I just think that the average pot smoking guy shouldn’t go to jail for having a little pot on him. I’m Canadian, so my perspective on the whole thing is different than maybe an American’s perspective. Most cops here will just throw your shit out because it’s not worth the courts time to prosecute someone.

I don’t think his target market is the big time heroin dealer, rather I believe he is targeting the low end marijuana user. I don’t think any cocaine smugglers will be buying his video either.

I agree that the law is the law.

As a cop or anyone involved in law enforcement, it is a terrible money making idea. As an entrepreneur with a lot of experience in the area, it is a fantastic idea.

Why isn’t he a cop anymore? My guess is that he wanted to work for himself, on his own terms, for more money. There is a lot of money to be made in the private sector.

People that he has worked with in the past claimed he may be the best drug investigator in the country. He’s hot shit and he knows it. Now he’s probably making more money than any police force could have paid him. A lot of people get out of LE because the pay isn’t the best.

[quote]Rocky101 wrote:
NDM wrote:

I agree. Many people in law enforcement look the other way when it comes to pot(small amounts anyway). If pot was legal many industries would take a big financial hit-Alcohol, tobacco and the drug companies. It would also open the door for hemp which would affect the paper and synthetic fiber industry. Hemp seeds are also very nutritious.

[/quote]

If it was legalized big corporations and government would make all the money. Thet would just require a tax stamp and 99% of the people would but it through legal channels. Just like tobacco and alcohol.

Big tobacco would probably make a fortune.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
Rocky101 wrote:
NDM wrote:[/quote]

[quote]MSN

If it was legalized big corporations and government would make all the money. Thet would just require a tax stamp and 99% of the people would but it through legal channels. Just like tobacco and alcohol.

Big tobacco would probably make a fortune.[/quote]

Maybe…Weed is VERY easy to grow. You can make plenty of it for yourself without drawing any attention. I think that’s the real reason why it hasn’t been legalized. It’s too easy for the user to grow it themselves, and then the government wouldn’t be able to tax the hell out of it.

[quote]NDM wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
Rocky101 wrote:
NDM wrote:

Big tobacco would probably make a fortune.

Maybe…Weed is VERY easy to grow. You can make plenty of it for yourself without drawing any attention. I think that’s the real reason why it hasn’t been legalized. It’s too easy for the user to grow it themselves, and then the government wouldn’t be able to tax the hell out of it.
[/quote]

Alcohol is easy to make and cigarettes are easy to roll and most people are too lazy to do it.

"Weed is VERY easy to grow. You can make plenty of it for yourself without drawing any attention. I think that’s the real reason why it hasn’t been legalized. It’s too easy for the user to grow it themselves, and then the government wouldn’t be able to tax the hell out of it. "

Bingo

yes , rolling cigs is easy ; growing tobacco…not so much .

making your own alcohol product ??
pain in the ass…big mess , smelly shit , lots of time .

growing weed…piece of cake if it were legal

He will be saving you tax dollars by diverting public resources towards people that actually warrant their usage. Marijuana users are not amongst them, but other ‘harder’ drugs, violent crimes, etc. are.

I have to agree with KA. I don’t think we should spend resources that could be used so much more intelligently, on chasing small time marijuana users. I also think little things, (i.e. anabolic steroids, ephedra, clen) should also be legal and taxed. I don’t see why we spend so many man hours and dollars on small things when we could use those hours to bust big things.

As far as the officer, he is allowed to do whatever he wants to do to make a buck. He already put in service to society, I don’t blame him trying to reciece some compensation for once in his life.

ummm, if I am a narcotics officer, I get this video as a “what to watch out for”. This may have the complete opposite effect.

[quote]NDM wrote:

[/quote]

Anyone can make toilet tank wine in their home, yet 99.9% of people still spring for the quality store bought stuff, occasionally even spending a grand or more on a bottle. It would be little different with cannabis. It may be easy growing low quality crap, but higher quality stuff requires a considerable investment in time, money, and effort as well as substantial expertise. Most users would buy commercially grown products if it were legalized even if there was a substantial tax.

[quote]jp_dubya wrote:
ummm, if I am a narcotics officer, I get this video as a “what to watch out for”. This may have the complete opposite effect. [/quote]

For sure. If this guy can get both sides to buy the product, he’ll be laughing.

[quote]etaco wrote:
NDM wrote:

Anyone can make toilet tank wine in their home, yet 99.9% of people still spring for the quality store bought stuff, occasionally even spending a grand or more on a bottle. It would be little different with cannabis. It may be easy growing low quality crap, but higher quality stuff requires a considerable investment in time, money, and effort as well as substantial expertise. Most users would buy commercially grown products if it were legalized even if there was a substantial tax. [/quote]

A thousand dollars for a bottle of wine. It costs that much because it would be nearly impossible to DIY. However, it would be very easy to grow a thousand dollars worth of grass. My grandma could do it in her tomato garden. When you start messing around with an indoor grow op, things get a little different, but it would still be easy to grow. I don’t think weed should be legalized and sold like alcohol or tobacco. I’m more in favour of decriminalizing it, so the law abiding, tax paying citizen who likes to smoke a little herb once in a while doesn’t get his life ruined by having a joint or two in his car.

[quote]NDM wrote:
etaco wrote:
NDM wrote:

Anyone can make toilet tank wine in their home, yet 99.9% of people still spring for the quality store bought stuff, occasionally even spending a grand or more on a bottle. It would be little different with cannabis. It may be easy growing low quality crap, but higher quality stuff requires a considerable investment in time, money, and effort as well as substantial expertise. Most users would buy commercially grown products if it were legalized even if there was a substantial tax.

A thousand dollars for a bottle of wine. It costs that much because it would be nearly impossible to DIY. However, it would be very easy to grow a thousand dollars worth of grass. My grandma could do it in her tomato garden. When you start messing around with an indoor grow op, things get a little different, but it would still be easy to grow. I don’t think weed should be legalized and sold like alcohol or tobacco. I’m more in favour of decriminalizing it, so the law abiding, tax paying citizen who likes to smoke a little herb once in a while doesn’t get his life ruined by having a joint or two in his car.
[/quote]

Again though, growing cheap low quality crap is easy; growing top quality stuff is considerably more difficult.

How hard is it to hide your drugs from cops? its easy.

Dont be high in public. Dont behave like a stupid dick in public. Dont commit other crimes. Dont look like a dishevled druggy. Leave your pot at home.

Then you wont get in shit with cops. But i do have a book: “how to hide anything” by loompanics publishers. Some interesting ideas.

[quote]jp_dubya wrote:
ummm, if I am a narcotics officer, I get this video as a “what to watch out for”. This may have the complete opposite effect. [/quote]

I’ve been thinking the same thing since I heard about this book.

Instead of having a bunch of random indicators that a person might be holding, you could have a bunch of indicators that a person is holding.

Call it the paranoid ex-druggie in me, but I wouldn’t be surprised with all of the national atttention that this book is getting, if it was an attempt by the DEA to get some people to exhibit certain tell tale signs to increase the number of busts.

Considering his past history as a narc, do you really want to give him your address? It will be interesting to see what happens in about 6 months to the fools that order this DVD. This reminds me of years ago, when the ATF put all kinds of ads in SOF and other magazines for the parts to convert guns to fully automatic. Anyone who ordered received a visit from the ATF asking why they wanted a fully automatic weapon…