EWest Log

I’ve been steadily gaining strength and size for the past two years, so I thought it would be a nice change of pace to try a cut and see what the new size looks like once it’s revealed. Starting this log to track my progress with the cut and / or strength gains. I took a couple of pics as a starting point to use for reference, will post them up later. Here’s the info:

Weight: 180-185
Body Fat: 12-14%, not sure really

Front, flexed

Back flexed

8/15/2011
Morning Cardio: 45 minutes incline walking
Afternoon Cardio: 45 minutes incline walking

Unless you have abnormally fat legs, you’re nowhere near 12-14%. I’d say closer to 8 tops.

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:
Unless you have abnormally fat legs, you’re nowhere near 12-14%. I’d say closer to 8 tops.[/quote]

It was the lighting. Those pictures made me look a lot leaner than I really am, not sure why. I highly doubt I’m less than 10% because my abs are normally a bit blurry. Neverless, I’ll probably do a body fat estimate sometime this weekend and weigh myself so I have some measurements to use as a baseline for progress during the cut.

8/16/2011
Squat: 330 x 5, 330 x 5, 330 x 1
Bench Press: 250 x 5, 250 x 4, 250 x 3
Weighted Chins: +55 x 6, +25 x 7, bodyweight x 10

Not sure why I failed so hard on the third set of squats, got stuck on the 2nd rep which was very disappointing. I am definitely feeling the impact of a lowered calorie diet on my strength. Maybe it was just my mind playing tricks on me.

8/17/2011
Morning Cardio: 45 minutes walking outside
Afternoon Cardio: 45 minutes incline walking

Strong and impressive pics. And some heavy ass lifting.
What are your goals? Do you play any sport? Pic of wheels?

tweet tweet

[quote]theBird wrote:

tweet tweet[/quote]

Thanks man! I need to get a pic of the wheels, maybe take some this weekend.

No sports at the moment. Growing up I was a competitive swimmer for nine years, and I was a competitive fencer for 7 years. A couple years back I competed in some endurance sports, which resulted in me being a 150 lb scrawny fuck. At the moment I am just trying to get strong and shredded (yeah, typical, I know). I have been kicking the idea of competing in a powerlifting competition, but I’d like to get my totals up a bit more first.

8/18/2011
Deadlift: 360 x 5, 315 x 5
Overhead Press: 160 3 x 5

8/19/2011
Morning Cardio: 45 minutes incline walking

[quote]ethanwest wrote:

[quote]theBird wrote:

tweet tweet[/quote]

No sports at the moment. Growing up I was a competitive swimmer for nine years, and I was a competitive fencer for 7 years. A couple years back I competed in some endurance sports, which resulted in me being a 150 lb scrawny fuck. At the moment I am just trying to get strong and shredded (yeah, typical, I know). I have been kicking the idea of competing in a powerlifting competition, but I’d like to get my totals up a bit more first. [/quote]

My goals are similar to yours and I would like to lift heavy numbers like you do.
Have you ever considered doing something more exciting for your cardio. Walking on a treadmill is as boring as you can get. Would you consider taking part in some amateur fencing duals twice a week? Atleast its more competitive and interesting.
Do you do much mobility work? What supplements are you on?

tweet

[quote]theBird wrote:

[quote]ethanwest wrote:

[quote]theBird wrote:

tweet tweet[/quote]

No sports at the moment. Growing up I was a competitive swimmer for nine years, and I was a competitive fencer for 7 years. A couple years back I competed in some endurance sports, which resulted in me being a 150 lb scrawny fuck. At the moment I am just trying to get strong and shredded (yeah, typical, I know). I have been kicking the idea of competing in a powerlifting competition, but I’d like to get my totals up a bit more first. [/quote]

My goals are similar to yours and I would like to lift heavy numbers like you do.
Have you ever considered doing something more exciting for your cardio. Walking on a treadmill is as boring as you can get. Would you consider taking part in some amateur fencing duals twice a week? Atleast its more competitive and interesting.
Do you do much mobility work? What supplements are you on?

tweet[/quote]

I’ve thought about picking fencing back up. That would be a lot more exciting than walking! However, it’s a time commitment. At the moment I’m pretty busy, so it’s hard for me to put things on a schedule, where I can walk whenever I can fit it in.

Not doing any mobility work, but I have in the past to help with squat and deadlift technique. Supplements:

-EC Stack
-Whey + Creatine
-Jack3d + BCAA (when training fasted)
-Fish Oil
-Multivitamin

Progress Pics

8/20/2011
Shitty workout. Failed on everything. Not even worth recording.
Weighed in at 178.4 lbs

8/21/2011
Had some fun in the gym today. Did some arm work and calves.

Barbell Rows 3 x 8
Dumbbell Rows 3 x 8
Barbell Curls 3 x 10
Dumbbell Curls 3 x 15

Close Grip Bench Press 3 x 8
Dips 3 x 10
Triceps Cable Push-Down 3 x 16

Donkey Press (calves) - 75 reps (as little rest as possible)
Standing Calf Raise 3 x 12

Nice work bro.
I was wondering what your diet is like? Can you provide me with details of what you would eat in a typical day?

tweet