Evodiamine

Hey guys,
Have any of you ever heard of evodiamine?? It’s an herbal thermogenic, but I can’t find any studies of its effect on humans. I ask because I use an energy drink called Redline, and evodiamine is in it.
Let me tell you, the effects of this drink seem anything but herbal. I can clearly feel my body temperature rising and more energy. I love drinking it pre-workout - it’s more intense than any redbull or crap period - but I was concerned about the health effects of regular use.

Interesting. Never tried it.

I don’t know too much about evodiamine, but Redline has made everyone I know who’s tried it pretty damn sick.

C’mon guys. You here at T-Nation are the smartest, most informed gym-goers out there! I know somebody must have run across evodiamine somewhere in their “reading up.”

[quote]dharmabum31 wrote:
C’mon guys. You here at T-Nation are the smartest, most informed gym-goers out there! I know somebody must have run across evodiamine somewhere in their “reading up.”[/quote]

Our bad. Since your “google” search is obviously broken here is one of 19,800 sites that came up when I typed in evodiamine. Hope this upholds our smartest, most-infomred status.

http://www.raysahelian.com/evodiamine.html

Highlights:
Evodiamine
Evodiamine is an extract from a plant called Evodiae Fructus. There have been many studies with this compound, but almost all have been done either in a laboratory on isolated cells or in rodents. No published human trials could be found. Evodiamine has been promoted as a weight loss agent.

Evodiamine
Evodiamine is an extract from a plant called Evodiae Fructus. There have been many studies with this compound, but almost all have been done either in a laboratory on isolated cells or in rodents. No published human trials could be found. Evodiamine has been promoted as a weight loss agent.

Subscribe to a FREE Supplement Research Update newsletter at Physician Formulas. Twice a month we email you a brief abstract of several new studies on various supplements and natural medicine topics and their practical interpretation by Ray Sahelian, M.D.

Based on the available studies, we can say that evodiamine
Raises body temperature
Inhibits the growth and metastases of certain cancer cells in vitro
Influences the metabolism of certain drugs
Influences the secretion of catecholamines from the adrenal glands

Evodiamine dosage
Proper dosage of evodiamine is unknown.

Evodiamine summary
Not much can be said for certain about evodiamine or an evodiamine product since I cannot find any human trials with evodiamine. As to its promotion as a weight loss agent, this may be premature. See Weight loss for options on how to help maintain proper weight. Two supplements to consider are 5HTP, which works to increase serotonin levels and may curb appetite, and perhaps hoodia.

Performing a search with the T-Nation search engine with “evodiamine” should turn up a column where I wrote about it.

Hope that helps.

Roofus,
I had researched it a little. It’s just that you can’t trust everything you find when you google something.
For example, try looking for “fat loss” or “muscle building”…chances are the info you’ll find is NOTHING like what you’ll find on t-nation!
Cy,
Thanks…that article was very informative.

[quote]dharmabum31 wrote:
Roofus,
I had researched it a little. It’s just that you can’t trust everything you find when you google something.
For example, try looking for “fat loss” or “muscle building”…chances are the info you’ll find is NOTHING like what you’ll find on T-Nation!
Cy,
Thanks…that article was very informative. [/quote]

Sorry, I didn’t mean to sound like a dick the other day…just one of those days. I’m glad you found what you wanted. I just sometimes get tired of people (not necessarily you) coming here to be spoonfed information. My feeling is that if a person isn’t willing to put out the effort to do research, then they probably aren’t going to put out the effort to eat or train properly.