Evil Xanax

Yesterday my doc gave me something called xanax for a flight to east-Asia. He said it would calm me down. So I thought “cool I might as well try one right now to see what it’s like.”

So I did and then I had a cocktail before heading to work. The next thing I remember is being passed the fuck out on the floor of my employers bedroom. Then someone dragged me to a bed and I slept there until midnight.

WTF is this xanax shit?

[quote]beebuddy wrote:
Yesterday my doc gave me something called xanax for a flight to east-Asia. He said it would calm me down. So I thought “cool I might as well try one right now to see what it’s like.”

So I did and then I had a cocktail before heading to work. The next thing I remember is being passed the fuck out on the floor of my employers bedroom. Then someone dragged me to a bed and I slept there until midnight.

WTF is this xanax shit? [/quote]

it is a pill to avoid. they call them bars on the street.

definately don’t drink with it.

why would you drink with a prescription strength “relaxing” pill in the first place?

Xanax is primarily used to treat those with anxiety and panic disorders. Didn’t the doctor tell you not to drink when you take it? On my pill bottle, that’s like the first warning on there. Not that having a drink with Xanax is going to kill you, but it will increase drowsiness.

How much (dosage) were you prescribed and how much did you take? I take a small amount, so the drowsiness doesn’t affect me.

I took 1mg and two beers and I can’t remember anything at all about what happened. Fuck that shit. Though it sounds perfect for a 17 hour plane ride.

Alprazolam is it’s name, and it is for anxiety and high stress. It is also prescribed for insomnia.

You took a nice dose for the first time using it. I also would say not to drink with it, as alcohol exaggerates it’s effects.

I’ve been on it for nearly four years now. I’m used to it’s effects.

Amateur.

[quote]Yo Momma wrote:
Amateur.[/quote]

When it comes to cheesy drugs like this maybe. Not remembering anything isn’t exactly my idea of a good time.

[quote]beebuddy wrote:
Yo Momma wrote:
Amateur.

When it comes to cheesy drugs like this maybe. Not remembering anything isn’t exactly my idea of a good time.[/quote]

Cheesy isn’t how I’d describe it.

[quote]texasguy wrote:
it is a pill to avoid. they call them bars on the street.

[/quote]

No, a “bar” is a 5mg xanbar. It’s a white rectangular tablet that is scored so it can be broken in even pieces. A xanax is a small blue football shaped pill(1mg).

[quote]BigRagoo wrote:
beebuddy wrote:
Yo Momma wrote:
Amateur.

When it comes to cheesy drugs like this maybe. Not remembering anything isn’t exactly my idea of a good time.

Cheesy isn’t how I’d describe it.[/quote]

All I know is that I’ll never touch it again, it has no recreational effect whatsoever and it didn’t help me sleep. It may be a godsend for nervous types, I dunno.

I should mention that I don’t consider uncontrollably losing consciousness to be the the same as sleep. Then again, maybe two beers wasn’t called for, then again again I noticed nothing until the beer/loss of conciousness.

You tried out a new medication, had a few beers, and then headed to work ?

might i ask what of kind of work you do where you could end up passing out in your employers bedroom ?

–JB

[quote]WS4JB wrote:

might i ask what of kind of work you do where you could end up passing out in your employers bedroom ?

–JB[/quote]

prostitution?

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
WS4JB wrote:

–JB

prostitution?[/quote]

Nahh, I reckon he’s just working hard on a promotion.

A good one. I have to go t Japan now. Goodbye T-Nation.

Ah yes xanax. I took a few a while back… Once I took a pill, totally forgot that I had taken it and went out for a few gin & tonics. Never fellt so drunk after 3 G&T’s. Just passed out pretty much, never slept so well.

This is a pretty terrible source for psycho-pharmacological research, but it’s something. First research, then put inside your body.