Evil Racist Children and the Media

[quote]vroom wrote:
It’s a mistake to think that people who argue against racism are all kumbaya type folks.

Are there dangerous people and dangerous places that most of us do not belong in?

Sure.

What the hell does that have to do precisely with race?

As for the article, it doesn’t say that we shouldn’t hear about these things, it says that if we have to hear about racism in this package, we should also hear about it in other packages – ones that aren’t so “easy to sell”.

The media should be showing the darker sides of the issue too, at least according to the article.[/quote]

Dangerous places in NYC are non-white; non-white places in NYC are dangerous. This is not due to anyone’s racism magically making the places dangerous.

I want someone to name an all white or nearly all white town in the five boroughs that is notoroious for high crime. I will think of white neighborhoods in Queens, my area. Whitestone: no, Bayside: no (except in the late 80s, early 90s when the aforementioned TMR gang terrorized Bayside), Little Neck, Douglaston, Forest Hills, Howard Beach, Middle Village, Jamaica Estates: NO! Have fun in the other areas.

[quote]Guttus Gumptuous wrote:
vroom wrote:
It’s a mistake to think that people who argue against racism are all kumbaya type folks.

Are there dangerous people and dangerous places that most of us do not belong in?

Sure.

As for the article, it doesn’t say that we shouldn’t hear about these things, it says that if we have to hear about racism in this package, we should also hear about it in other packages – ones that aren’t so “easy to sell”.

The media should be showing the darker sides of the issue too, at least according to the article.

Dangerous places in NYC are non-white; non-white places in NYC are dangerous. This is not due to anyone’s racism magically making the places dangerous.

I want someone to name an all white or nearly all white town in the five boroughs that is notoroious for high crime. I will think of white neighborhoods in Queens, my area. Whitestone: no, Bayside: no (except in the late 80s, early 90s when the aforementioned TMR gang terrorized Bayside), Little Neck, Douglaston, Forest Hills, Howard Beach, Middle Village, Jamaica Estates: NO! Have fun in the other areas.
[/quote]

These places are dangerous because they’re poor and crime-infested, not because of the inherent badness of brown people.

You did know that, right?

[quote]harris447 wrote:
Guttus Gumptuous wrote:
vroom wrote:

Sure.

The media should be showing the darker sides of the issue too, at least according to the article.

These places are dangerous because they’re poor and crime-infested, not because of the inherent badness of brown people.

[/quote]

Who made it crime infested? The people NOT living there?

[quote]harris447 wrote:
Guttus Gumptuous wrote:
vroom wrote:

Sure.

[/quote]
I’d also like to ask. When your room is a mess, whose fault is it? The person residing OUTSIDE of your room?

[quote]Guttus Gumptuous wrote:
[/quote]

Aren’t there some very dangerous places in Boston that are inhabited predominantly by white people?

[quote]I’d also like to ask. When your room is a mess, whose fault is it? The person residing OUTSIDE of your room?
[/quote]

Enough with the attrocious analogies, they mean nothing.

In fact, stop speaking entirely, your stupidity is deafening.

[quote]vroom wrote:
I’d also like to ask. When your room is a mess, whose fault is it? The person residing OUTSIDE of your room?

Enough with the attrocious analogies, they mean nothing.

In fact, stop speaking entirely, your stupidity is deafening.[/quote]

No, Vroom…

Since Mr Push-Ups got thrown out of decent society, there’s been an opening for “Stupidest Man on T-Nation.”

This guy’s perfect!

It goes both ways. Did anyone hear about that black girl in New York who told the black and Hispanic kids to stand and the white kids to sit while she recited the black childrens prayer or whaterer. It contained racist passages. A bunch of perpetually outraged black leaders stood behind her. Both her and these girls aren’t really to blame. They’re just puppets of their parents. I’m sure major media outlets covered this and won’t cover every white nationalist with a webpage because they really don’t want to advertise and give them attention. They probably thought it was strange that these girls seem so cute and nice for Nazis so it is interesting and will sell advertising. Who cares. As for dangerous neighborhoods and race. Does anyone here live in or near the poorest places in the US? How are the crime rates in the poor parts of Appalacia or the poor parts of the Dakotas or dirt poor Mexian communities in the Southwest. Does anyone know the crime rates there? Those are populated by races other than blacks and would be interesting to compare to poor, black, dangerous neighborhoods.

sigh

It’s like everyone who is white has to hate who he is or get accused of being supremacist.

Statements like “White pride is a code word” ==“If you are white you can not be proud of your race”

Things I want to do to prove a point.

White Entertainment Television
White History Month
White Heritage Festival
The magazine, “Ivory”
Create a White History curriculum and have it be a 4 year major.

Any guesses about how long I’d live?

[quote]TheBige wrote:
Words like “white pride” are beloved code words for avowed white supremacists. Surely Time Inc. is aware of that fact. The media have quickly moved from shock about the singing sisters to helping them appear more acceptable.

sigh

It’s like everyone who is white has to hate who he is or get accused of being supremacist.

Statements like “White pride is a code word” ==“If you are white you can not be proud of your race”

White History Month
White Heritage Festival
The magazine, “Ivory”

[/quote]

Your post is idiotic. “Black” in terms of American citizens is not used just to describe skin color. It also describes those whose ancestors were enslaved in this country with no history beyond that incident. That means it is no different than having pride in being Irish or the wonder of Octoberfest. While being Irish could be seen as “white”, in terms of white people, it is strictly an adjective describing skin color, not origin. Black history month or Black pride is about origin, not just skin color. That makes your post retarded.

Blacks in this country are not “African”. Therefore, for our history to even be understood in this country, calling any event with that goal in mind a “Black event” has nowhere near the meaning that calling an event “White pride” would have. One is about origin of a specific people and their accomplishments. The other is simply pride in having white skin. If you can’t see the difference here, then you have issues.

[quote]
TheBige wrote:
Words like “white pride” are beloved code words for avowed white supremacists. Surely Time Inc. is aware of that fact. The media have quickly moved from shock about the singing sisters to helping them appear more acceptable.

sigh

White History Month
White Heritage Festival
The magazine, “Ivory”

Professor X wrote:

Your post is idiotic. “Black” in terms of American citizens is not used just to describe skin color. It also describes those whose ancestors were enslaved in this country with no history beyond that incident. That means it is no different than having pride in being Irish or the wonder of Octoberfest. While being Irish could be seen as “white”, in terms of white people, it is strictly an adjective describing skin color, not origin. Black history month or Black pride is about origin, not just skin color. That makes your post retarded.[/quote]

You make it sound like all white people are pure-breds–as if we can all point to being Irish or German or French. For the most part (if we do know our ancestry) the majority of us are mutts, a mixture of many,many ethnicities. With that in mind, why wouldn’t a generic “white pride” be as acceptable as a generic “black pride”? If “Black” in America also describes those whose ancestors were enslaved in this country with no history beyond that incident, why can’t the the term “white” in America describe those who are a big mixture of many different European ethnicities?
(Again, for the record, I think it is silly for anyone to take pride in things they didn’t accomplish. I don’t take pride in things Edison or Jefferson did because we may share a common ancestry.)

[quote]
Blacks in this country are not “African”. Therefore, for our history to even be understood in this country, calling any event with that goal in mind a “Black event” has nowhere near the meaning that calling an event “White pride” would have.[/quote]

What does this mean? Why aren’t Blacks in this country “African” if you think Whites in this country are Irish or German?

[quote]
One is about origin of a specific people and their accomplishments. The other is simply pride in having white skin. If you can’t see the difference here, then you have issues.[/quote]

Again, the vast majority of white people in America are mutts. Why do you not think it makes just as much sense for them to adopt a generic “white pride”?

[quote]TheBige wrote:

sigh

White History Month
White Heritage Festival
The magazine, “Ivory”

[/quote]

I think you are off base with your comparison.

It would be better to make a comparison to Italian, Polish. Irish, German, Chinese and all of the other ethnic and racial groups who currently reside in this country.

So, for example, you need to compare Black history month with German or Irish history month. And Black Emtertainment Television with Chinese Entertainment Television…

Wait…those entities don’t exist do they?

Hmmm…

[quote]doogie wrote:
You make it sound like all white people are pure-breds–as if we can all point to being Irish or German or French. For the most part (if we do know our ancestry) the majority of us are mutts, a mixture of many,many ethnicities. With that in mind, why wouldn’t a generic “white pride” be as acceptable as a generic “black pride”? [/quote]

Then celebrate your many many ethnicities. The difference between the use of a color and the meaning of origin has been explained to you, yet you still try to pretend as if you don’t understand the point? If I could trace my heritage back to one of the many cultures in Africa (too many to even count or assume where one of us may actually come from in that entire continent), then you would have a point. Unless your history has been fragmented by the complete destruction of it by outside cultures, you have no point as to why you wouldn’t celebrate where you actually come from instead of simply a skin color.

Please come with something better than that. For a teacher, that plain sucked.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
doogie wrote:
You make it sound like all white people are pure-breds–as if we can all point to being Irish or German or French. For the most part (if we do know our ancestry) the majority of us are mutts, a mixture of many,many ethnicities. With that in mind, why wouldn’t a generic “white pride” be as acceptable as a generic “black pride”?

Then celebrate your many many ethnicities. The difference between the use of a color and the meaning of origin has been explained to you, yet you still try to pretend as if you don’t understand the point? If I could trace my heritage back to one of the many cultures in Africa (too many to even count or assume where one of us may actually come from in that entire continent), then you would have a point. Unless your history has been fragmented by the complete destruction of it by outside cultures, you have no point as to why you wouldn’t celebrate where you actually come from instead of simply a skin color.

Please come with something better than that. For a teacher, that plain sucked.
[/quote]

Come with something better? I aked you questions, you did your ANGRY BLACK MAN act instead of answering.

READ, doofus. I (like many, many white people )can’t trace my culture back to any specific culture, other than the obvious “white European”. It makes no difference as to WHY I can’t, the fact is I can’t. Even though the reason isn’t “because my own people sold my ancestors into slavery”, it leaves me in the exact same situation as you are when it comes to adopting pride in my ancestry. Why shouldn’t people in my situation adopt a generic “white pride” in the same way people in your situation adopt a generic “black pride”? And I still think it is silly to take pride in others’ accomplishments.

And you still didn’t explain what the hell this meant:

Why aren’t Blacks in this country “African” if you think Whites in this country are Irish or German?

[quote]doogie wrote:
It makes no difference as to WHY I can’t[/quote]

Please, stop there. Yes, it does. You don’t even deserve an answer for that one because of this one statement. You logged on months ago complaining about how Kwanzaa was made up because it didn’t come from a specific culture but tried to combine several different cultures in Africa, and now you are complaining because blacks displaced by slavery don’t just accept the whole of Africa as an origin and just forget any type of heritage or history. You are one deluded hypocrite. Why would someone pretend that slavery didn’t happen and that the subsequent racism isn’t still slowly fading?

[quote]
doogie wrote:
It makes no difference as to WHY I can’t

Professor X wrote:
Please, stop there. Yes, it does.[/quote]

Because you say so? Good arguement!

[quote]
You don’t even deserve an answer for that one because of this one statement. [/quote]

Just once, answer a question or sack-up and admit you don’t have one. Better yet, just admit you are completely prejudiced and be done with it. Your retarded standard comebacks of “you don’t deserve an answer” or “you just don’t get it” or “and people wonder why I say racism is alive an well” are worn out.

I’ll ask again, just in case you decide to admit you don’t have a rational answer:

Why does the CAUSE of not knowing your ancestry give some people a moral right to take pride in a generic past but not others? If Blacks are going to take pride in all things African and call it “Black Pride”, why can’t an adopted white kid take pride in all things European and call it “white pride”?

[quote]
You logged on months ago complaining about how Kwanzaa was made up because it didn’t come from a specific culture,…[/quote]

I started to ignore this, since it is just once more sad attempt by you to change the subject, but I think I’ll respond.

Go back and read that thread. I was mainly complaining that it was a holiday made up by a racist thug who specifically advocated killing whitey and starting a Black nation:

“We lost our land through blood; and we cannot gain it except through blood. We must redeem our lives through the blood. Without the shedding of blood there can be no redemption of this race.”

“We pledge allegiance to the red, black and green, our flag, the symbol of our eternal struggle, and to the land we must obtain; one nation of black people, with one God of us all, totally united in the struggle, for black love, black freedom and black self-determination.”

See, I have a problem with people who support racists. Just like in the “Black and Republican” thread where I complained about people supporting Farrakhan, a man who says wonderful things like:

“Murder and lying comes easy for white people.”

“The Jews don’t like Farrakhan, so they call me Hitler. Well, that’s a good name. Hitler was a very great man.”

“White people are potential humans - they haven’t evolved yet.”

Go through the forum and read. I have a pretty solid history of speaking out AGAINST people who are racist and the people who support them by legitimizing them, while you seem to have a pretty solid history of defending people who legitimize racists, while at the same time advocating race based double standards.

[quote]
…and now you are complaining because black displaced by slavery don’t just accept the whole of Africa as an origin and just forget any type of heritage or history. [/quote]

Where did I complain about that? I’ll wait for you to scroll back up…

Did you find it? Didn’t think so.

You stated, “Blacks in this country are not ‘African’.”

I asked what that meant. You apparently couldn’t explain.

[quote]
You are one deluded hypocrite. Why would someone pretend that slavery didn’t happen and that the subsequent racism is still slowly fading?[/quote]

What in the hell are you rambling about? You really do have some weird fucking complex that makes you read things that aren’t there. I’d really appreciate the quote from me where I pretend slavery didn’t happen and that the subsequent racism is still slowly fading. I know it isn’t there, but it would give a lot of insight into your sickness if you pointed out where you thought you read that.

I’m asking a very basic question that you can’t seem to answer. I’ll repeat if for you again.

Why does the CAUSE of not knowing your ancestry give some people a moral right to take pride in a generic past but not others?

LMAO!

[quote]doogie wrote:
Why does the CAUSE of not knowing your ancestry give some people a moral right to take pride in a generic past but not others? If Blacks are going to take pride in all things African and call it “Black Pride”, why can’t an adopted white kid take pride in all things European and call it “white pride”?[/quote]

Call it “European Pride” and I doubt one person on this planet would give a shit. By focusing on the color of the individual alone with disregard for how that applies to a culture that spent the last 600 years dealing with some type of effort to place “whites” over blacks with only the last near 150 recovering from it slowly, you are the one instigating a problem. Why does this need to be explained?

[quote]I started to ignore this, since it is just once more sad attempt by you to change the subject, but I think I’ll respond.

Go back and read that thread. I was mainly complaining that it was a holiday made up by a racist thug who specifically advocated killing whitey and starting a Black nation:

“We lost our land through blood; and we cannot gain it except through blood. We must redeem our lives through the blood. Without the shedding of blood there can be no redemption of this race.”

“We pledge allegiance to the red, black and green, our flag, the symbol of our eternal struggle, and to the land we must obtain; one nation of black people, with one God of us all, totally united in the struggle, for black love, black freedom and black self-determination.”

See, I have a problem with people who support racists.[/quote]

Yet you have no problem ignoring the racism that stunned this country and pretending as if it has no influence on today’s culture?

[quote]…and now you are complaining because black displaced by slavery don’t just accept the whole of Africa as an origin and just forget any type of heritage or history.

Where did I complain about that? I’ll wait for you to scroll back up…[/quote]

You wrote, “What does this mean? Why aren’t Blacks in this country “African” if you think Whites in this country are Irish or German?”

this implies that you don’t want to acknowledge any difference between the blacks in this country and those in Africa. Africans don’t even consider the blacks in this country “African”. How is it you are the one in the dark about this difference of culture? You’re a teacher, right? And this truly needed to be explained to you?

What? You pretend slavery didn’t happen the moment you try to act as if there is no difference between Africans and blacks in this country historically. Again, why does this need to be explained to you? You are the one who asked the question. How is it you don’t understand what that question implies?

[quote]Why does the CAUSE of not knowing your ancestry give some people a moral right to take pride in a generic past but not others?

[/quote]

For the last time, there is NO ONE denying someone from taking pride in a generic past. It is when you ignore the stigma of racism in this country and play word games as if you just can’t comprehend the issue that a problem arises. No one, for the last time, would have an issue with “European Pride”. The problem arises when you pretend as if “White Pride” means the same thing. Wake the fuck up, please.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
doogie wrote:
Why does the CAUSE of not knowing your ancestry give some people a moral right to take pride in a generic past but not others? If Blacks are going to take pride in all things African and call it “Black Pride”, why can’t an adopted white kid take pride in all things European and call it “white pride”?

Call it “European Pride” and I doubt one person on this planet would give a shit. By focusing on the color of the individual alone with disregard for how that applies to a culture that spent the last 600 years dealing with some type of effort to place “whites” over blacks with only the last near 150 recovering from it slowly, you are the one instigating a problem. Why does this need to be explained?

I started to ignore this, since it is just once more sad attempt by you to change the subject, but I think I’ll respond.

See, I have a problem with people who support racists.

Yet you have no problem ignoring the racism that stunned this country and pretending as if it has no influence on today’s culture?

…and now you are complaining because black displaced by slavery don’t just accept the whole of Africa as an origin and just forget any type of heritage or history.

Where did I complain about that? I’ll wait for you to scroll back up…

You wrote, “What does this mean? Why aren’t Blacks in this country “African” if you think Whites in this country are Irish or German?”

this implies that you don’t want to acknowledge any difference between the blacks in this country and those in Africa. Africans don’t even consider the blacks in this country “African”. How is it you are the one in the dark about this difference of culture? You’re a teacher, right? And this truly needed to be explained to you?

What in the hell are you rambling about? You really do have some weird fucking complex that makes you read things that aren’t there. I’d really appreciate the quote from me where I pretend slavery didn’t happen and that the subsequent racism is still slowly fading. I know it isn’t there, but it would give a lot of insight into your sickness if you pointed out where you thought you read that.

What? You pretend slavery didn’t happen the moment you try to act as if there is no difference between Africans and blacks in this country historically. Again, why does this need to be explained to you? You are the one who asked the question. How is it you don’t understand what that question implies?

Why does the CAUSE of not knowing your ancestry give some people a moral right to take pride in a generic past but not others?

For the last time, there is NO ONE denying someone from taking pride in a generic past. It is when you ignore the stigma of racism in this country and play word games as if you just can’t comprehend the issue that a problem arises. No one, for the last time, would have an issue with “European Pride”. The problem arises when you pretend as if “White Pride” means the same thing. Wake the fuck up, please.
[/quote]

There are whites who were born and have lived in Africa for hundreds of years. Can they not take pride in being African? So calling it “black” pride as synonymous with African pride is just stupid.

The same goes for “white pride”. There are plenty of blacks who were born and have lived in Europe for hundreds of years. If they want to take pride in that heritage then they have every right to. So calling it white pride would also be stupid.

Trying to categorize country of origin by race or the color of skin is not accurate.

[quote]Lorisco wrote:
There are whites who were born and have lived in Africa for hundreds of years. Can they not take pride in being African? So calling it “black” pride as synonymous with African pride is just stupid. [/quote]

Uh, didn’t I just write that Black pride is NOT the same as “African pride” and that Africans don’t even consider American Blacks “african”. How did you miss this? Oh, right, you are Lorisco.

Gee, genius, I just wrote that. Only in America does “black” not just relate to skin color but also a group of people enslaved in this country. Therefore, while colors may simply mean colors in all different areas, in this ONE case, they mean more seperating “Blacks” in this country from that generalization of color simply meaning color.

Hmmm, how many more ways will I have to write that before you realize you don’t even have an argument?