Evil Dead Remake

Is anyone else as pumped for this as i am?

I love the Evil Dead trilogy, it is one of my top 3 favorite horror franchises of all time, and this remake absolutely looks like it is doing everything possible to do the series justice in the 21st century.

I cant remember the last time a movie trailer got me so interested in something. I love horror films but find so many modern flicks to be too tame/dry. Evil Dead looks like it will certainly quench my thirst for blood and creepiness. I honestly have never been this excited for a horror flick.

What do you guys think?

White square.

Went and watched the trailer. Looks solid. Loved the original. Hope they don’t cock it up. Very excited.

That looks great. Horror fans will be camped out for days.

I may buy my ticket now.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

Thanks, not sure what was up with the white square

[quote]audiogarden1 wrote:

Thanks, not sure what was up with the white square[/quote]

White square appears if you copy the link in the address line.

You have to look below the vid for the word “SHARE”. Click it and a proper link will appear already highlighted. Just copy it and paste it into your post.

I’m looking forward to this movie. One thing that gets me is the sheer amount of blood splatter in movies, if the body holds about 5 liters of blood and the heart pumps at about 5 liters a minute (admittedly not under stress of getting hacked up) how is it that every horror movies has so much blood flying everywhere? Seems like even cutting off an arm or leg and getting femoral artery or brachial wouldn’t send a pressure hose like splatter of that velocity and volume. ???

I did get a raging hard-on when I first heard about the re-make.

However - Is this movie really going to be able to recreate the “essence” of what Evil Dead stands for? Is it going to have the charming/classic campiness of the movies of old? Is it going to have the off-putting eeriness that still made it a viable horror movie without taking itself too seriously? All indications from trailers, to me, suggest “no.”

I’ve been wrong before, though. Here’s hoping for the best.

[quote]SSC wrote:

However - Is this movie really going to be able to recreate the “essence” of what Evil Dead stands for? Is it going to have the charming/classic campiness of the movies of old? Is it going to have the off-putting eeriness that still made it a viable horror movie without taking itself too seriously? All indications from trailers, to me, suggest “no.”

I’ve been wrong before, though. Here’s hoping for the best.[/quote]

The “essence” of all three movies is quite different, i think this one is clearly going for more of the feel of the first one.

Evil Dead was definitely more of a pure horror film, Army of Darkness was pretty much slapstick/comedy, and Evil Dead 2 bridged the gap between both of them.

I get the feeling there will still be some campiness to it, just not to the extent of Evil Dead 2 or AoD.

And to the guy who complained about the ridiculous amounts of blood; have you ever seen the first 2 Evil Dead movies?

I see people on youtube complaining about how this looks too “over the top.” I have to believe they have never seen any of the other movies in the series. Over the top is the point.

Thank god they are keeping the tree rape scene! I know it was considered pretty controversial when it came out but it is about as iconic as any scene from the series. I feel like if anyone other than Rami were doing this remake this scene would have been excluded.

This movie looks awesome! Can’t wait.

[quote]SSC wrote:

You know, see both Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell are involved, I wonder if this is the movie they originally wanted to make, but due to no budget and not much experience the campy and accidentally funny movie is what we got instead.

There’s no Ash in this. The main character is a drug addict. Her friends take her to the cabin as part of an intervention and she is the first person to notice when things kick off. They don’t believe her because they think she’s suffering from withdrawal.

[quote]roybot wrote:
There’s no Ash in this. The main character is a drug addict. Her friends take her to the cabin as part of an intervention and she is the first person to notice when things kick off. They don’t believe her because they think she’s suffering from withdrawal. [/quote]

1)That doesnt sound like a bad premise.

2)Would you really want to see someone playing Ash besides Bruce Campbell?

No one, past or present, is going to be able to do Bruce Campbell justice in that role. Plus, modern Hollywood remakes have a bad habit of miscasting up-and-coming hollywood pretty boys for roles like this, and the last thing i want to see is some Jonas brother look alike playing Ash.

As long as it retains that Evil Dead feel, i dont care what they do with it. Sam Raimi has a very unique directing style and we even got to see bits of it in other movies he directed like Spider Man 2, so im thinking itll be shining through full-blast in this flick, and THATS what its all about for me.

This looks like what Evil Dead would have looked like if it had been filmed as a traditional horror movie that took itself 100% seriously. Without Bruce Campbell.

Sorry, I’m not exactly jumping out of my pants with excitement.

I’ll probably just go watch Cabin in the Woods again and spare myself the almost certain disappointment.

(from a die hard Evil Dead/Bruce Campbell fan)

[quote]waldo21212 wrote:

[quote]SSC wrote:

You know, see both Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell are involved, I wonder if this is the movie they originally wanted to make, but due to no budget and not much experience the campy and accidentally funny movie is what we got instead.

[quote]

Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell are drawing up plans for a remake of The Evil Dead. They released a statement saying: “We are committed to making this movie and inspired by the enduring popularity and enthusiasm for the “Evil Dead” series. We can’t wait to scare a new generation of moviegoers using filmmaking techniques that weren’t available to us 30 years ago, as well as bring a fresh eye to the film’s original elements.”

[/quote][/quote]

Anybody who thinks the funny in the Evil Dead series was “accidental” either has not watched the movies or is inhabiting a different universe than I am.

If anything, I’d guess that Army of Darkness was more along the lines of what Raimi “really wanted to do” at the time. It’s much chronologically closer to the first movie than this one, and he had the budget and momentum to do pretty much whatever he pleased at that point.

Trailers now a days are getting pretty graphic and showing a lot of the movie. It’s going to be pretty hard to top the violence and gore that I’ve just seen.
I’ll watch it though. It should bring back memories of the “evil video camera angle” when I watched the original as a teenager.

[quote]Cortes wrote:

I’ll probably just go watch Cabin in the Woods again and spare myself the almost certain disappointment. [/quote]

I said in another thread that Cabin has ruined it for every future cabin-based horror that doesn’t make a real effort to bring something new to the genre. I’ll have to watch this to find out.

I’m pumped to see this, but i will go into it with low expectations. The trailer looks promising, but i hope they didn’t show all the good scenes. I can’t remember the last time there were so many cringe inducing shots in one trailer.

Looks like they went all horror with this one as opposed to slapstick.

Are they planning to have a female lead? Doesn’t look like they have an “ash” like bad ass in this or did i miss something?

“I love horror films”

Your ‘love’ of them questions the quality of what you generally ‘love’, I CAN love em, but HOW can someone generally love Horror films when the vast majority of them SUCK?
I too am a fan of the Evil Dead series, but most “horror films” are terrible man, the endless cheap
LOUD BOO’’ moments, the unecccessary excessive gore, at the END of almost every trailer there’s a silent moment…then a LOUD BOO moment to finish it off, the endless utterly stupid victims, etc.
But sometimes Hollywood shows some class and gets it right, ‘The Others’ with Nichole Kidman while
a different kind of film, was very good IF seen properly, Dark room/Theater setting, some of the
ORIGINAL ‘J Horror’ also bitch-slapped Hollywood and showed them HOW to get under people’s skin
with films like RINGU, (remade as THE RING, which wasn’t bad), and only a few others before they
got repetitive.
Hollywood can rarely make a film that uses the psychological effect much, they MUST be loud, they MUST
have gore, and they MUST have the cheap BOO moments.
Chill me, Thrill me…come on Hollywood, can you guys even come close to giving me the shudders
and chills like the Gypsy Woman that shows up in the credits of this ‘Coffin Joe’ classic??
Brrrrrrrr…no you can’t hollywood, you are RARELY able anymore.