Everything Right But No Progress

you’ve already received alot of good advice but I’d like to add one more tip that can work wonders…

SLEEP AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE

take naps all the time…get 10 hours of sleep every night

growth requires three things…

kickass in the gym…
eat more caloris than you burn off…
spend alot of time sleeping…

if you’re doing these three things you will grow…

good luck!

If you put on 30 pounds in 6 months or so, you’re doing a lot of things right. When I was 15, I was 133 and after working out a few months got up to 138. I got fed up with my alleged “lack of progress” and quit. Of course, I didn’t have the resources on this site. And had no idea what to eat or how to train. But it would take me many years to develop the discipline and knowledge base you already possess.

Your on the right track. Your biggest obstacle is going to be your own impatience. Step back and get some perspective on what you’ve already accomplished.

Be grateful for that 30 pounds.

Don’t rush.

Enjoy. Train for the long run, like everyone has said. If you are patient with yourself and remain consistent, you will astonish yourself and those around you with what you can acheive. Not only in weight lifting, but in all other areas of your life. Use weight training as a way to develop mental and physical discipline while those around you start drinking and smoking. Use it to learn to set goals while others drift about.

It’s more than just about your body and the number of pounds you put on or put up. You’re doing a great job so far. Keep it up and happy new year.

Thanks for all the advice, guys.

I’m off to eat/lift/sleep/grow.

TheArrow

I was trying to gain weight some serious muscle last year after wrestling season when I was fourteen, same height and weight as you currently are. I gained weigh very easily and in two months was at a solid 150 with a low bodyfat. I was stuck there for a while. Then it was like I gained 10 lbs overnight, and the next time I stepped on a scale I was a pound or two under 160. Gaining weight at this age seems to depend on hormones and puberty just as much as it does training and exercise. Keep doing what your doing but don’t be frustrated, your body will grow naturally soon.

Mate

Forget about all this calculating your food and your workouts and just go out and get a life.
Listen you are 15 and remind me of myself at that age.I was 6-4 165pounds at high school,i use to miss certain events because i use to go home and eat “right” and spend far to much time in the gym.

I look back now and shake my head at all the stuff i missed out on just because i wanted to be huuuuugee.Now i didnt gain any weight,i was just a skinny 15 year old with a lightning fast matabolism.

Since u are young i suggest u save your money that u spend on supps and just eat what u want.Now i dont mean eat hamburgers all day but just get your calories up and train very low volume.

eg- max-ot or 5x5 something simple like that.
I only started to gain weight when i was 19 after doing what i reccomended to u.i went from 165 pounds to 230pounds in a 1 year time frame.

I could go on but i have to get back on the road.

Good luck mate

HHH

[quote]HHH wrote:
Mate

Forget about all this calculating your food and your workouts and just go out and get a life.
Listen you are 15 and remind me of myself at that age.I was 6-4 165pounds at high school,i use to miss certain events because i use to go home and eat “right” and spend far to much time in the gym.

I look back now and shake my head at all the stuff i missed out on just because i wanted to be huuuuugee.Now i didnt gain any weight,i was just a skinny 15 year old with a lightning fast matabolism.

Since u are young i suggest u save your money that u spend on supps and just eat what u want.Now i dont mean eat hamburgers all day but just get your calories up and train very low volume.

eg- max-ot or 5x5 something simple like that.
I only started to gain weight when i was 19 after doing what i reccomended to u.i went from 165 pounds to 230pounds in a 1 year time frame.

I could go on but i have to get back on the road.

Good luck mate

HHH[/quote]

It is possible to do both, although I basically agree with what he said. For athletes I would lean towards the more dedicated side in some cases.

[quote]TheArrow wrote:

• The weight gain was likely a byproduct of increased food intake[/quote]

And puberty.