Everyone Thinks I'm Overtraining

[quote]Fulmen wrote:
Now here comes the million dollar question-Why is it that people scream that I’m overtraining everytime I tell them what I do? They ask, I tell them, then I get a large speech about how I’m borderline on overtraining and that I need to work out only 3-4 days.
[/quote]

The majority of people out there are looking for the magic pill. The magic food they can eat or stop eating that will give them magic results. They are looking for the magic exercise that will give them all the results they want in a simple, non-strenuous workout that they can do without breaking a sweat.

They are looking for a way to justify working out less frequently, less intensely, and for a shorter amount of time. So if someone tells them they can get just as many benefits from working out 2 days a week as they can from 6 or 7, you already know what they are going to choose. Same goes for duration, stay in the gym for more than an hour and your nuts will shrink and all of the testosterone will spill out of your body and render you useless.

The bottom line is that most people are lazy and looking for justification to do as little as possible. That is why they are all telling you that you are overtraining. Only you will actually know if you are by playing with the variables. Take the extra day off and see if it helps. If not, then you don’t need it. It’s that simple.

Ahhh…to be youg again. I used to do the same kinds of things you are doing when I was young. I couldn’t fathom it now. I trained 5-6 days a week had a manual labor job and went to college. But I had no responisibilities or women in my life. So it was all about me.
Them were the good ol’ days.
Enjoy them now, they won’t last.

[quote]Modi wrote:
Fulmen wrote:
Now here comes the million dollar question-Why is it that people scream that I’m overtraining everytime I tell them what I do? They ask, I tell them, then I get a large speech about how I’m borderline on overtraining and that I need to work out only 3-4 days.

The majority of people out there are looking for the magic pill. The magic food they can eat or stop eating that will give them magic results. They are looking for the magic exercise that will give them all the results they want in a simple, non-strenuous workout that they can do without breaking a sweat.

They are looking for a way to justify working out less frequently, less intensely, and for a shorter amount of time. So if someone tells them they can get just as many benefits from working out 2 days a week as they can from 6 or 7, you already know what they are going to choose. Same goes for duration, stay in the gym for more than an hour and your nuts will shrink and all of the testosterone will spill out of your body and render you useless.

The bottom line is that most people are lazy and looking for justification to do as little as possible. That is why they are all telling you that you are overtraining. [/quote]

This man speaks the truth.

It’s really personal. I used to be of the 7 days a week school, I was making gains. Then recently I stopped for 2 weeks b/c I wanted to train for other sports. I gained much more than what I used to. Try different things, and see what works.