T Nation

Everyone Should Have a Machine Gun and Armed Tanks

Everyone should have a machine gun to protect their home. I think it’s unfair that the military only has it and if a burglar breaks in a semiautomatic assault rifle surely isnt enough. And armed tanks if you can afford.

It’s a constitutional right, I want to protect my property and myself against a tyrannical government.

I am also installing a nuclear safe bunker under my house were I lock my children with a teacher so no driveby shooting ricochet will mistakenly hit them and they will be safe from everything.

I’m in awe of your wit and intelligence.

Please go on.

Mini-nukes ftw!

What about Grenades?

Sharks with lazer’s attached to their head?

Trebuchets and other siege weapons?

I fell off the low-carb bandwagon yesterday.

Dropped some mini-nukes in the toilet this AM.

[quote]NikH wrote:

It’s a constitutional right, I want to protect my property and myself against a tyrannical government.
[/quote]

Your flippant approach to such a topic is just another in a long line of reasons “we” don’t even deserve the government given to us 200 years ago.

They call this the “information age”, and all people do is watch porn and order pizza with everything at there disposal.

That’s not even clever.

oops, sorry for being serious… Wrong forum.

[quote]imhungry wrote:
Mini-nukes ftw![/quote]

Only if you have a Fat-Man to launch them.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:
What about Grenades?

Sharks with lazer’s attached to their head?

Trebuchets and other siege weapons?

[/quote]

I would actually be interested in the legal status of trebuchets, ballistas, ect.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

[quote]Legionary wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:
What about Grenades?

Sharks with lazer’s attached to their head?

Trebuchets and other siege weapons?

[/quote]

I would actually be interested in the legal status of trebuchets, ballistas, ect.[/quote]

I am not.

I want one and I deserve one.

Trebuchets that is.

Ballistas are mostly gay.

[quote]countingbeans wrote:
They call this the “information age”, and all people do is watch porn and order pizza with everything at there disposal.[/quote]

I don’t recall any of the porn-addicts mentioning pizza in the porn thread?

The ridiculous hyperbole of the OP demonstrates why it is impossible to have an intelligent discussions about firearms with liberals. You have also ignorantly missed one very important fact. That simply being that the vast majority of gun owners are quite responsible with how they handle and use their guns. That being the case it really shouldn’t matter if people are legally allowed to own machine guns.

Back in the twenties before machine guns became illegal most people owned them in a responsible manner. It was only a minute handful of gangsters who were using them irresponsibly. The new law didn’t stop gangsters from getting machine guns. It just stopped everyone else who was willing to obey the law. So the net effect is it made it possible for criminals to be better armed than law abiding citizens.

Or in other words it changed the balance of power in favor of criminals and away from law abiding citizens. Just like every other gun control law has done.

[quote]Sifu wrote:
The ridiculous hyperbole of the OP demonstrates why it is impossible to have an intelligent discussions about firearms with liberals. [/quote]

It is also a repeated demonstration of how the emotional function is not only used but abused by the liberal mind instead of the thinking or even the instinctual function, which explains their utter failure at common sense.

Hopefully one day there will be a pill to cure their emotional dysfunction.

It is also amazing how liberalism makes males sound like women suffering from PMS.

Everything is approached like an emotional train wreck.

Could somebody start a thread on the origins of the liberal mind set?
Is this political system unique to America?

What happened USA?

[quote]Alpha F wrote:

[quote]Sifu wrote:
The ridiculous hyperbole of the OP demonstrates why it is impossible to have an intelligent discussions about firearms with liberals. [/quote]

It is also a repeated demonstration of how the emotional function is not only used but abused by the liberal mind instead of the thinking or even the instinctual function, which explains their utter failure at common sense.

Hopefully one day there will be a pill to cure their emotional dysfunction.

It is also amazing how liberalism makes males sound like women suffering from PMS.

Everything is approached like an emotional train wreck.

Could somebody start a thread on the origins of the liberal mind set?
Is this political system unique to America?

What happened USA?

[/quote]

The OP is probably a so called Conservative feeding the egos of the Circle Jerk Society

People could own machine guns if it weren’t for the minority of people that would abuse it. It comes down to a benefit cost analysis. The prevailing wisdom is that current gun laws either don’t have any effect on mass killings or that its an acceptable cost to have a few lives lost for keeping the status quo. It is what it is. There are a ton of things that are legal that hurt people to one degree or another.

[quote]groo wrote:
People could own machine guns if it weren’t for the minority of people that would abuse it. It comes down to a benefit cost analysis. The prevailing wisdom is that current gun laws either don’t have any effect on mass killings or that its an acceptable cost to have a few lives lost for keeping the status quo. It is what it is. There are a ton of things that are legal that hurt people to one degree or another.

[/quote]

People could own 32oz Sugar Drinks in NYC if it weren’t for the minority of people that would abuse it. It comes down to a benefit cost analysis. The prevailing wisdom is that current Soda laws either don’t have any effect on mass gain or that its an acceptable cost to have a few lives lost for keeping the status quo. It is what it is. There are a ton of things that are legal that hurt people to one degree or another.

This is how I want to roll…

[quote]Alpha F wrote:

[quote]Sifu wrote:
The ridiculous hyperbole of the OP demonstrates why it is impossible to have an intelligent discussions about firearms with liberals. [/quote]

It is also a repeated demonstration of how the emotional function is not only used but abused by the liberal mind instead of the thinking or even the instinctual function, which explains their utter failure at common sense.

Hopefully one day there will be a pill to cure their emotional dysfunction.

It is also amazing how liberalism makes males sound like women suffering from PMS.

Everything is approached like an emotional train wreck.

Could somebody start a thread on the origins of the liberal mind set?
Is this political system unique to America?

What happened USA?

[/quote]

I think I love you.