Everyone Jumped the Fence

I think we should make this a sticky…

The talk of revolution, civil war, conspiracy theory, etc has been going on for years, where’ve you been? It has increased a little bit, but not much. People were thinking that Martians were going to take us over and be wiped out from Atomic wars back in the 50s. Every decade has this sort of shit going on, people love that kind of crap.

I remember during the Clinton years, people were paranoid just as ever, and even more so with the whole hilarious Y2K B.S. 2012 is the lastest craze, the Y2K for the next decade, then there will be one after that. There aren’t too many I know that cared much for the Bush Administration, but there were lots of talks of NWO kind of stuff everywhere on the net and by word of mouth, and now Obama has just sort of inherited it.

I think the reason why many people are very skeptical of Obama is not so much his policies, but just the way he just kind of appeared out of thin air. At least thats what makes me raise my eyebrow. I live in Illinois and remember when he became senator. He wasn’t popular at first, in fact the guy he was running against was expected to win, but then a scandal just happened to come out just at the right time (he was into dragging his wife to sex clubs) so he dropped out and Obama pretty much won unopposed and then all of a sudden the media is screaming about how he is our savior and will be the next president.

All the media coverage he got from chicago’s news over-glamorized the shit out of him. But if you asked anyone if they knew who the fuck this clown was, everybody shrugged their shoulders. The media did this until he officially announced his presidency and it seemed like people where brainwashed into supporting him without really a reason. All politians are the same, no matter what party they are, whether they are left, right, center, upside down, whatever, they are shit but people keep putting all their hopes, dreams and lives into these fools.

I’ll always believe that Bush didn’t really win in 2000, but I don’t think anyone really cared cause Al Gore wasn’t much of a choice either. And in 2004, Kerry was a very weak candidate, I mean come on, it took the man 10 minutes to say “I’m reporting for duty!” you were asleep by the time he finished the fucking sentence. People I think went with Bush intially cause he actually is what people wanted at the time.

No one wants to admit it now, but lot of people did want military expansion and war. Many felt that Clintion made us look like pussies, especially compared to the Reagan and old Bush years. GWB did sort of bring that “we aren’t going to take anyones shit” attitude back. Everyone wanted Saddam taken out, and he’s gone. But once the bodies started coming back, then people woke to the reality of war, and realized that lot of freedoms were taken away willingly.

Looking at the whole picture, nobody knows what the fuck they really want. It shows in the people we put in office, treating them like they are kings and that they are going to solve our problems. People picked Bush, because he was an alternative to Clintion, and Obama was chosen because he said all the right things that people wanted to hear. I just laugh at the whole thing, one big circus and mindless fools choosing what clown they think has the best act.

good post jayski. Interesting overview.

[quote]Aragorn wrote:
hedo wrote:
Inner Hulk wrote:
hedo wrote:
The moonbats started with “Bush stole the election from Gore”. They didn’t wait for the swearing in ceremony. Other nutjobs protested at the inagural itself.

The truly demented lefties never waited for anything or let fact or reason interfere with forming an opinion.

Keep in mind that the left chanted “dissent is the highest form of patriotism” for 8 years. Based on the amount of dissent heard from the Democrats for the last 8 years, Obama is in for a lot of displays of patriotism.

Just imagine if Obama had ‘won’ the presidency over McCain in the same manner Bush did Al Gore. People on here would be having a heart attack.

I see you keep referring to the lefties who protested or opposed Bush from the start as “demented”, so I’m to assume you’re applying the same demented label to all the righties who are already vocally protesting and suggesting revolution or any of the other ridiculous comments that have been thrown around. Right?

Like spending $825 Billion with no guarantee of creating any new jobs? Nominating a Treasury secretary who didn’t pay his taxes? Raising emission standards for cars during a crisis in the auto industry? Banning domestic drilling for oil so while claiming to pursue energy independence? Nominating a woman as secretary of state who has no foriegn policy experience and whose husband has a laundry list of conflicts of interest? Are they are ridiculous comments or are they simply statements of fact regarding what the Great Leader actually did?

Criticism directed at an inexperienced politician after he makes proposals you don’t agree with isn’t demented.

Good points here. This is precisely why I have major issues with Obama. It isn’t that I hate his guts personally.[/quote]

So why did people hate Bush? Because ovbviously they disagreed with his policies or his stance on issues, which is why people now already hate Obama.

So for Hedo to call people demented for hating Bush, but not for hating Obama, is ludicrous.

I found the rest of your post a good read though.

[quote]hedo wrote:
Inner Hulk wrote:
hedo wrote:
Inner Hulk wrote:
hedo wrote:
The moonbats started with “Bush stole the election from Gore”. They didn’t wait for the swearing in ceremony. Other nutjobs protested at the inagural itself.

The truly demented lefties never waited for anything or let fact or reason interfere with forming an opinion.

Keep in mind that the left chanted “dissent is the highest form of patriotism” for 8 years. Based on the amount of dissent heard from the Democrats for the last 8 years, Obama is in for a lot of displays of patriotism.

Just imagine if Obama had ‘won’ the presidency over McCain in the same manner Bush did Al Gore. People on here would be having a heart attack.

I see you keep referring to the lefties who protested or opposed Bush from the start as “demented”, so I’m to assume you’re applying the same demented label to all the righties who are already vocally protesting and suggesting revolution or any of the other ridiculous comments that have been thrown around. Right?

Like spending $825 Billion with no guarantee of creating any new jobs? Nominating a Treasury secretary who didn’t pay his taxes? Raising emission standards for cars during a crisis in the auto industry? Banning domestic drilling for oil so while claiming to pursue energy independence? Nominating a woman as secretary of state who has no foriegn policy experience and whose husband has a laundry list of conflicts of interest? Are they are ridiculous comments or are they simply statements of fact regarding what the Great Leader actually did?
This thread isn’t about a discussion of Obama’s picks or policies, is it?

No, this thread is about the numerous people throwing around suggestions of civil war, revolution, comparisons to Hitler, before a week has even gone by since Obama’s been inaugurated.

hedo wrote:
Criticism directed at an inexperienced politician after he makes proposals you don’t agree with isn’t demented. Speaking out against someone because you don’t like them before they are sworn in is demented. That’s what the moonbats did to Bush.
Do you believe the bullshit you write? Could you twist and contort and spin that fucking statement any further?

What you’re saying is that liberals who spoke out against Bush were demented because they didn’t like him or his policies, but the conservatives who are speaking out against Obama because they didn’t like him or his policies aren’t demented.

LoL. Plain and simple- you are utterly, fucking, ridiculous.

hedo wrote:Serious question. After the left sold it’s soul and fabricated a narrative ,when the truth wasn’t good enough, to get elected…did you really think Obama would get a free pass. Is dissent no longer patriotic when it is directed at the Democrats?

Dissent is as patriotic now as it ever was. I’m simply pointing out you all have turned into the ‘moonbats’ you spent 8 years ridiculing.

Excellent. Your post made no sense outside of your own head.

I doubt if you consider any critique of the savior’s policies patriotic.

As long as a liberal moonbat is pissed off my position is validated.

Next time try and write down your arguments and see if they fir the discussion. Seriously just try it. You’ll be suprised how much sense you start to make. You may still be misinformed and in over your head but at least the argument will not sound so silly.

My criticism is of Obama, his judgement and his policies. I waited till he was sworn in and actually made proposals. The left cannot claim the same.

[/quote]

My post made complete sense, I can’t help it your comprehension skills are severely lacking.

I do consider critique of Obama’s policies patriotic, I consider critique of any politician or policy patriotic. But this thread is about how people on the right have been ridiculing the left for years of rumblings of revolution and other things, and now they’re engaging in the very same type of talk… What don’t you get about the point I’m making here?

[quote]lucasa wrote:
Inner Hulk wrote:
For the last 8 years, I’ve seen the left accuse the right of conspiracy theories, of violations of human rights, of smearing the constitution, of being similar to Hitler.

And all the while, everyone on the right basically said ‘Deal with it’. Support the president, Bush is elect. Revolution is for 15 year olds in their mom’s basement. Conspiracy theories are for tin foil enthusiasts. Hitler comparisons are for devolved chimps.

And now, suddenly, in one single day, everyone’s done a complete flip flop.

In Obama’s FIRST WEEK, I can’t cound the number of posts I’ve seen from right wingers encouraging revolution, civil war, conspiracy theories, comparisons to Hitler, accusations of infringing upon civil rights, threats against the left.

Really, it’s hilarious. How’s it feel to be on the other side now? LoL.

At least those on the left were basing arguments off of years of Bush’s train wreck presidency, YOU GUYS COULDN’T EVEN WAIT A FUCKING WEEK. Obama JUST got inaugurated. You people have no intention of giving Obama a chance or seeing what he does. Bush tortured, illegally wire tapped, fucked the 4th amendment, detained with no charges, none of you gave a flying fuck.

Terrorism, terrorism, terrorism, terrorism, anything can be sacrificed in the name of terrorism! When the fuck did rights or the constitution become important to you people?

It’s just amazing watching a presidency trample on civil liberties and the rule of law for 8 years and you all sat by with nothing to say. And now, a new liberal face takes the oath of office AND YOU PEOPLE SHIT A FUCKING BOULDER. ONE WEEK and you people are talking about revolution. Bwahahahahahha.

Seriously though, don’t start a revolt or civil war, you’ll get your ass handed to you.

Which conservatives are you talking about? I don’t think even the looniest of them (coughHHcough) has likened our new BDFL to Hitler. Maybe one or two heated discussions about policy decisions, but I have yet to see anything like ‘Barack Osama’ thrown around like ‘Bushitler’ was.

Please show provide quotes or links so that we may shame those individuals for leveling undue attacks at the POTUS.

“Every decent man is ashamed of the government he lives under.” -H. L. Mencken[/quote]

You’ll find a lot of gems in these threads…
http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/world_news_war/the_pledge

http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/world_news_war/what_do_we_do_when_it_all_becomes_too_much

[quote]jayski wrote:
The talk of revolution, civil war, conspiracy theory, etc has been going on for years, where’ve you been? It has increased a little bit, but not much. People were thinking that Martians were going to take us over and be wiped out from Atomic wars back in the 50s. Every decade has this sort of shit going on, people love that kind of crap.[/quote]

Um. Duh?

My point was to call out the people on the right who have been mocking and insulting the left for talk of revolution, civil war, conspiracy theories, etc, and now are engaging in the same talk themselves.

[quote]Inner Hulk wrote:
jayski wrote:
The talk of revolution, civil war, conspiracy theory, etc has been going on for years, where’ve you been? It has increased a little bit, but not much. People were thinking that Martians were going to take us over and be wiped out from Atomic wars back in the 50s. Every decade has this sort of shit going on, people love that kind of crap.

Um. Duh?

My point was to call out the people on the right who have been mocking and insulting the left for talk of revolution, civil war, conspiracy theories, etc, and now are engaging in the same talk themselves.[/quote]

You made your point in the first post, so why you telling me again? You obviously failed to understand the point of mine.

It seems to me a lot of Bush supporters are either really stupid (quite possible) or are willing to use dumb arguements to justify the stupid things he did, because there were other things he did that were in their favour and they don’t care about anything else.

Although honestly, I think they are just plain stupid.

For example, they don’t seem to realise the wars were for completely fabricated reasons. COMPLETELY. There never were weapons of mass destruction, there are no links to terrorism. That was bullshit. What there was, was a chance to get that pipeline laid, and big $ contracts for friends of the gov.

If you say anything to the contrary, then you are an IDIOT. And they painted dissent as unpatriotic! It wasn’t done to help Iraq, it wasn’t done to take out a terrible dictator. Far worse dictators are out there being completely ignored.

The Homeland Security bullshit completely failed New Orleans. Hey Bush couldn’t be assed dropping by to see the damage.

I could go on but what is the point.

You really are stupid, stupid people.

I am not a democrat by the way, I know how you love to put people in a box to help dismiss their ideas. I don’t think Obama can save the place, but I do think he will try, and I don’t think he is trying to screw the place for all he can. As it fails - and it is failing - he will no doubt get the blame.

As they say - USA is not a Democracy - it is a Hypocrisy.

[quote]Inner Hulk wrote:
hedo wrote:
Inner Hulk wrote:
hedo wrote:
Inner Hulk wrote:
hedo wrote:

This thread isn’t about a discussion of Obama’s picks or policies, is it?

No, this thread is about the numerous people throwing around suggestions of civil war, revolution, comparisons to Hitler, before a week has even gone by since Obama’s been inaugurated.

hedo wrote:
Criticism directed at an inexperienced politician after he makes proposals you don’t agree with isn’t demented. Speaking out against someone because you don’t like them before they are sworn in is demented. That’s what the moonbats did to Bush.
Do you believe the bullshit you write? Could you twist and contort and spin that fucking statement any further?

What you’re saying is that liberals who spoke out against Bush were demented because they didn’t like him or his policies, but the conservatives who are speaking out against Obama because they didn’t like him or his policies aren’t demented.

LoL. Plain and simple- you are utterly, fucking, ridiculous.

hedo wrote:Serious question. After the left sold it’s soul and fabricated a narrative ,when the truth wasn’t good enough, to get elected…did you really think Obama would get a free pass. Is dissent no longer patriotic when it is directed at the Democrats?

Dissent is as patriotic now as it ever was. I’m simply pointing out you all have turned into the ‘moonbats’ you spent 8 years ridiculing.

Excellent. Your post made no sense outside of your own head.

I doubt if you consider any critique of the savior’s policies patriotic.

As long as a liberal moonbat is pissed off my position is validated.

Next time try and write down your arguments and see if they fir the discussion. Seriously just try it. You’ll be suprised how much sense you start to make. You may still be misinformed and in over your head but at least the argument will not sound so silly.

My criticism is of Obama, his judgement and his policies. I waited till he was sworn in and actually made proposals. The left cannot claim the same.

My post made complete sense, I can’t help it your comprehension skills are severely lacking.

I do consider critique of Obama’s policies patriotic, I consider critique of any politician or policy patriotic. But this thread is about how people on the right have been ridiculing the left for years of rumblings of revolution and other things, and now they’re engaging in the very same type of talk… What don’t you get about the point I’m making here?[/quote]

It’s simple and you may need to reread this several times which is why writing it down, for you, would really help.

The left hated Bush before he was sworn in. The left opposed his policies w/o any relevant critique and did not offer practical alternatives. It was personal right from the start. That is demented.

The comments I am making here about Obama are in regard to his policies that he has proposed, not mythical conspiracy theories, actual things he said in public and on record.

Seriously try and follow along. It’s the reason most people find obsessive moonbats boring to argue with.

[quote]hedo wrote:

The left hated Bush before he was sworn in. The left opposed his policies w/o any relevant critique and did not offer practical alternatives. It was personal right from the start. That is demented.

The comments I am making here about Obama are in regard to his policies that he has proposed, not mythical conspiracy theories, actual things he said in public and on record.

Seriously try and follow along. It’s the reason most people find obsessive moonbats boring to argue with.

[/quote]

This post is gold. “The Left” did this and that, but I’m, like, serious, like!

[quote]Inner Hulk wrote:
lucasa wrote:
Inner Hulk wrote:
For the last 8 years, I’ve seen the left accuse the right of conspiracy theories, of violations of human rights, of smearing the constitution, of being similar to Hitler.

And all the while, everyone on the right basically said ‘Deal with it’. Support the president, Bush is elect. Revolution is for 15 year olds in their mom’s basement. Conspiracy theories are for tin foil enthusiasts. Hitler comparisons are for devolved chimps.

In Obama’s FIRST WEEK, I can’t cound the number of posts I’ve seen from right wingers encouraging revolution, civil war, conspiracy theories, comparisons to Hitler, accusations of infringing upon civil rights, threats against the left.

At least those on the left were basing arguments off of years of Bush’s train wreck presidency, YOU GUYS COULDN’T EVEN WAIT A FUCKING WEEK. Obama JUST got inaugurated. You people have no intention of giving Obama a chance or seeing what he does. Bush tortured, illegally wire tapped, fucked the 4th amendment, detained with no charges, none of you gave a flying fuck.

Terrorism, terrorism, terrorism, terrorism, anything can be sacrificed in the name of terrorism! When the fuck did rights or the constitution become important to you people?

It’s just amazing watching a presidency trample on civil liberties and the rule of law for 8 years and you all sat by with nothing to say. And now, a new liberal face takes the oath of office AND YOU PEOPLE SHIT A FUCKING BOULDER. ONE WEEK and you people are talking about revolution. Bwahahahahahha.

Seriously though, don’t start a revolt or civil war, you’ll get your ass handed to you.

Which conservatives are you talking about? I don’t think even the looniest of them (coughHHcough) has likened our new BDFL to Hitler. Maybe one or two heated discussions about policy decisions, but I have yet to see anything like ‘Barack Osama’ thrown around like ‘Bushitler’ was.

Please show provide quotes or links so that we may shame those individuals for leveling undue attacks at the POTUS.

“Every decent man is ashamed of the government he lives under.” -H. L. Mencken

http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/world_news_war/what_do_we_do_when_it_all_becomes_too_much[/quote]

Thanks for those links, the second was pure comedy gold.

[quote]Inner Hulk wrote:
lucasa wrote:
Inner Hulk wrote:

“Every decent man is ashamed of the government he lives under.” -H. L. Mencken

http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/world_news_war/what_do_we_do_when_it_all_becomes_too_much
[/quote]

Funny, neither thread contains the words “revolution”, “conspiracy”, or “Hitler”, unlike the many of the anti-Bush threads/posts.

Some anti-Obamans are concerned about people falling over themselves to (pointlessly) pledge to change because Barack is in office, but nothing that incites revolution or attacks Barack himself. VERY tame and one-sided compared to the vitriol that has been spewed about Bush. Especially given the supposed hatred that this country seethes with for anything non-white.

If this country were to suffer another tragedy like 9/11. We will all learn a new meaning for the words ‘Police State’. Then I would expect to here the rhetoric that you postulate already exists.

EDIT: My mistake, the pledge thread does use the word ‘Hitler’, but it was used by someone in favor of the pledges and Obama. The rest of the post still stands.

[quote]Gambit_Lost wrote:
hedo wrote:

This post is gold. “The Left” did this and that, but I’m, like, serious, like! [/quote]

After listening to Caroline"like", “yah know” Kennedy I am beginning to conclude that liberals substitute filler words for actual ideas. If you are going to emulate someone Caroline is a poor choice…like ya know.

[quote]Inner Hulk wrote:

At least those on the left were basing arguments off of years of Bush’s train wreck presidency, YOU GUYS COULDN’T EVEN WAIT A FUCKING WEEK. Obama JUST got inaugurated. You people have no intention of giving Obama a chance or seeing what he does. Bush tortured, illegally wire tapped, fucked the 4th amendment, detained with no charges, none of you gave a flying fuck. Terrorism, terrorism, terrorism, terrorism, anything can be sacrificed in the name of terrorism! When the fuck did rights or the constitution become important to you people?

Seriously though, don’t start a revolt or civil war, you’ll get your ass handed to you.[/quote]

It’s called “We got fucked too hard in this election.”

This board tends to attract extremists though, so what do you expect?

[quote]hedo wrote:
Gambit_Lost wrote:
hedo wrote:

After listening to Caroline"like", “yah know” Kennedy I am beginning to conclude that liberals substitute filler words for actual ideas. If you are going to emulate someone Caroline is a poor choice…like ya know.
[/quote]

“The Left” and “Liberals” are soooooooo stupid! They can’t even talk right! It’s a good thing conservatives are so well known for their oratorical capacities.

[quote]Gambit_Lost wrote:
hedo wrote:
Gambit_Lost wrote:
hedo wrote:

“The Left” and “Liberals” are soooooooo stupid! They can’t even talk right! It’s a good thing conservatives are so well known for their oratorical capacities.
[/quote]

Irregardless, because you fooled me twice in Tennessee, I was going to look on the google with the internets and try to prove you wrong, but the point was don’t get fooled.

[quote]Aragorn wrote:
denv23 wrote:
terrorism, anything can be sacrificed in the name of terrorism! When the fuck did rights or the constitution become important to you people?

What do you mean YOU PEOPLE ?

What do YOU mean “You People”?![/quote]

'You people, in lib speak, means ‘you scummy conservative people’. Its kind of like how good people (libs) really really fill out a form to get money for the explicit purpose of paying taxes and then ‘forget’, or how big paychecks from Saudi princes would NEVER influence policy decisions, because libs are such good people.

You conservatives are ‘You’ people. You’re a ‘you people’ so you suck.

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:

Irregardless [/quote]

“Irregardless originated in dialectal American speech in the early 20th century. Its fairly widespread use in speech called it to the attention of usage commentators as early as 1927. The most frequently repeated remark about it is that ?there is no such word.? There is such a word, however. It is still used primarily in speech, although it can be found from time to time in edited prose. Its reputation has not risen over the years, and it is still a long way from general acceptance. Use regardless instead.”

English degrees make GREAT paper airplanes.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
Aragorn wrote:
denv23 wrote:
terrorism, anything can be sacrificed in the name of terrorism! When the fuck did rights or the constitution become important to you people?

What do you mean YOU PEOPLE ?

What do YOU mean “You People”?!

'You people, in lib speak, means ‘you scummy conservative people’. Its kind of like how good people (libs) really really fill out a form to get money for the explicit purpose of paying taxes and then ‘forget’, or how big paychecks from Saudi princes would NEVER influence policy decisions, because libs are such good people.

You conservatives are ‘You’ people. You’re a ‘you people’ so you suck.

[/quote]

lol. Sorry HH, fail. I was going for this…