Everyday Mobility/Stretching

I would just like to say I haven’t seen a thread like this that doesn’t have some smartass comment about the op and is actually helpful in a long time. Nice work

[quote]RunnerUK wrote:
It was on Strength Coach website. You need a password etc a mate lent me his one.
[/quote]

ah ok, I might actually join that website. It doesn’t cost much and has some amazing content…

[quote]RunnerUK wrote:

[quote]magick wrote:

[quote]TKH wrote:
magick, do you mean with Hip flexor stretches to fix flat feet arch[/quote]

Not quite sure what you mean here, but I’m going with “what do you mean with…”

Someone at the gymnasticbodies site recommended a series of stretches and exercises to fix flat feet that comes out of having poor hip mobility moreso than actually having flat feet. I happened to have flat feet, and using the hip flexor stretch more or less removed said flat feet and vastly improved my running form.[/quote]

Magick,

Do you have a picture of the stretch please? Or could you direct me to where I may find one?

Thanks[/quote]

for flat feet, google “Janda short foot”

[quote]theBird wrote:

[quote]chobbs wrote:

[quote]theBird wrote:
Chobby buddy,

Before any training session I do agile 8, and a upper body warm-up as well(magnificent 7??). I then might do some activation drills incorporated into my warm-up.

I think you should follow suit.

Uncle Bird.

tweet[/quote]
What else could I add to shoulder dislocations and pull aparts [/quote]

Foam roll and stretch your lats. That can also help with your lower back. Do some rotator cuff warm-ups with a band and I like to finish of the warm-up with some unilateral pressing, such dB floor pressing.

tweet[/quote]

the YTWLI drill is a great addition to the dislocations and pull aparts too

chobbsy I like doing agile 8 before every single training session, even if I’m not working lower body.

I’ve also been trying to stand more; the more mobility work I do, the more I realize it’s mostly caused by hunching over the computer all day

I feel ya on the posture stuff

you could go mad trying to fix everything when it comes to posture. Remember that perfect postural alignment only exists in anatomy textbooks. You just have to get to where it’s not causing dysfunction, which is a LOT easier than getting it perfect.