T Nation

Every Other Day Times a Week

if I was to train every other day, doing pull ups 10x10, dips 10x10, rows 10x10, shoulder press 10x10, squats 10x10, would this be fine.
Trent

Try this, your intensity will be much higher.

[quote]trent66 wrote:
if I was to train every other day, doing pull ups 10x10, dips 10x10, rows 10x10, shoulder press 10x10, squats 10x10, would this be fine.
Trent[/quote]
10x10 is basically the old German Volume Training. There have been a few articles about it, or variations of it, and it’s generally one or two bodyparts per day because it’s brutal. It’s also fairly advanced, not really for beginners.

So yeah, no, I wouldn’t try doing what you wrote.

If you want to train every other day, there are better plans out there that manipulate the volume and bodyparts/exercises more effectively.

Not sure what to do now, as I started that program above, and am quite enjoying it, but changed the pull ups and dips to 6 x 6, and added dead 5 x 5. I am going to just add 1 pound to every exersice, and see how long.

In the absolute beginning, good form and muscle isolation is all you need to worry about. If I could give one piece of advice to someone just starting out, I would say try to make each muscle contraction as challenging as it can be. Pursue the challenge rather than run away from it, I think your program is great for a beginner, but I’d worry less about how many reps in the set and just worry about feeling them harder and harder over the course of 10 sets of however many dips, chins, pulls, etc. you can do. With a volume routine like this, just stop reasonable short of failure so you have something to give on your next set

Since you’ve already started, what are your maxes and what are you doing your sets of 10 with for each lift? In addition to what Chris said I think there’ll be a very tight band between this program doing bugger all for you and smashing you into the ground, especially since you’re a beginner. Heck, I’d be crushed doing this with even 50% of my 1RMs and I’m not exactly strong either.