Every Devil Dog Has It's Day

I think it’s finally time to start logging again and I thought I’d be a good idea to start fresh.

To say the last two years have been crazy would be an understatement… My wife and I had our first kid. I’m not going to lie, it’s been much more challenging than I thought it’d be, but being a father is incredible. I’ve also officially become a Certified Management Accountant, my career has been progressing quite nicely; although, I am considering making a move (“Comfort is the enemy of achievement.”― Farrah Gray), my wife and I bought and sold a house, which was a bit of a train wreck, and I’m about finished with a MS in Accounting.

All of the above said my training has taken a bit of a back seat. I haven’t regressed terribly, but I certainly haven’t made any headway towards my goals. One of the goals of this log is to begin monitoring my training progress, again.

As of this morning, I am 215lbs and that is too high. Short term, my goal is to whittle my way back down to 200. My medium to long-range goal, for now, is 190. Once I reach 190 I’ll re-evaluate. This will also depend on how I feel and look since the scale is only one way to gauge progress, but I know that I felt I needed to lose at least another 10lbs when I hit 199 in 2014 to be at a comfortable fat level so that’s what I’m basing this goal on.

Lifting goals remain the same as they have for a while now:
Deadlift: 500
Squat: 400
OHP: 225
Bench: 315

I would also like to re-attain the ability to do 20 strict pull-ups. I am around 15 at the moment.

1 Like

First two days of the cycle:

Been seeing you around on T-Nation especially regarding them military related posts, looking forward to seeing your log!

2 Likes

Roses are red
Violets are blue
Yogi is here
And he isn’t good at writing poetry but he’s super good at other stuff

Heyyyy Chris

1 Like

Excited to read more of your log!!! We are on way different levels but maybe there is something I could use.

1 Like

MS Accounting, CPA, and young father to young children checking in. Best of luck … All of that family stress goes on pause in the hole of a big squat.

1 Like

Didn’t push it too hard on Sunday.

Also swam for about 2 hours (not laps, just for fun).

Felt a bit sluggish on OHP, but ended up being a pretty good day.

Good to read you’re back to fitting this stuff into your life. I have always found it makes everything else easier to handle. You’re young enough to probably incorporate Alpha V’s conditioning routine in that new video clip he posted.

1 Like

Big congrats. Family is forever, and I get tremendous joy from watching my kids grow and progress. @ 20 pullups. I’ll race ya there.

1 Like

You’re on (guess I better get serious about this…)!

1 Like

16, better watch out…

Cycle 2

https://www.instagram.com/p/BIkkANch2I3/

1 Like

https://www.instagram.com/p/BInM1IDBRTy/

What kind of equipment you got in that garage?

Oh, I’ve got all sorts of toys :sunglasses:

Most of the gear is from Rogue, but the Oly Bar is Pendlay and so are the bumpers. I’ve also got a GHR that isn’t pictured.

I’ve been buying pieces here and there for about 5 years now and the company I work for gives us $500 a year for fitness related expenses (gym membership or equipment) so I buy a new piece pretty much each year.

It’s been rearranged a bit since the above pics.

Oh and I have the T-nation DS bar. Thing is bad ass.

1 Like