Ever Tear a Pec?

DG-

Good luck to you man. I hope you recover quickly. How soon is your show?

Your legs are looking impressive man. Nice work.

[quote]The Bambino wrote:
DG-

Good luck to you man. I hope you recover quickly. How soon is your show?

Your legs are looking impressive man. Nice work. [/quote]

Thanks man. The show is the NPC Excalibur on December 6th.

DG

[quote]MODOK wrote:
Gerdy- Its probably a strain/sprain. You didn’t hear or feel something like wet tissue paper tearing did you? You’d have SERIOUS bruising and swelling if you tore your muscle too. Google pictures of TC’s pec tear, or Yate’s bicep tear. Gruesome stuff.

I had the same symptoms that you describe on a couple of different occasions, and right before contests too coincidentally. Give it the RICE treatment, and train very lightly but keep training. The blood flow will speed healing. It took me from 3-4 weeks to recover sufficiently to train normally when I had it happen. Just always keep the injury in mind when training…you can restrain it on any isometric contraction…even hacks or front squats. [/quote]

Thank you Modok.

I agree that it is a strain/sprain. I didn’t hear a sound because my music has been and was damaging my eardrums. lol I just noticed that as soon as I felt it I knew something wasn’t right and the dumbbells came crashing down to the floor.

I have seen both of those pics you mentioned and I know that I did not tear a muscle completely or really bad, but I know that something just didn’t feel right. lol It was slightly red right after and I thought that it might be starting a bruise and swelling, but nothing right now. It is just slightly sore as we speak.

i will do some light cable and machine stuff next week and judge by how I feel. I will then work back up to the heavy stuff. Hopefully only 3-4 weeks is all that I will need to heal. I am chemically assisted right now so hopefully that can speed the process even more. :smiley:
RICE and some light weights and hope for the best ! :s

Thanks again for the reply and help Modok. So when are you getting back onstage?

DG

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
nope never have. but i did get another stretch mark. this time it was on my left pec near the shoulder insertion.

its crazy cause apparently i have an atrocious diet, and am a pussy in the gym…but i keep growing somehow. iznt dat veird?[/quote]

God forbid you actually add more than 10lb this year.

[quote]Der Candy wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:
nope never have. but i did get another stretch mark. this time it was on my left pec near the shoulder insertion.

its crazy cause apparently i have an atrocious diet, and am a pussy in the gym…but i keep growing somehow. iznt dat veird?

God forbid you actually add more than 10lb this year.[/quote]

im probaly just going to gain it all in December.

not to hijack, but what exactly causes a stretch mark? i never started getting them until fairly recently, like the last few months and ive still put on good size before then. but then my friend who just started lifting is getting them everywhere. he has a bunch on his biceps and im assuming other places. why is he so prone and im so resistant?

i dont think hes gaining more muscle than me. he’s only been lifting a month or so and doesnt have much to show for it.

i think my skin is more elastic. like i can just grab skin and pull it, im not talking fat, im talking skin.

i suppose thats good for avoiding stretches but it kinda sucks because i feel like it makes it harder to look defined because the skin is so much thicker/more elastic that it doesnt really hug as tight to the muscle which is obviously why it doesnt get stretch marks either. meh, i guess you can probaly get to a size and leaness where it doesnt matter anymore.

I doubt I can contribute more but I might as well share.

I was incline dumbell pressing last spring. I had 75’s on my legs and was pushing them up. I didnt kick hard enough with my left leg and had to kinda hammer curl the left dumbell up and I felt an odd pain.

Then when I tried pressing I immedietley felt a searing pain in my left pec. I pushed through the first one, tried a second, I was done. Throughout the day it didnt hurt THAT bad. I was on a total body routine at the time and figured next session I’d be back.

The next day I woke up to an insanely painful left side of my chest. It a good 3 weeks of no upper body lifting to go away. The entire time I had this raw type of pain through my chest and made my nipple very very sensitive and raw. At home I didn’t wear shirts it was so bad.

I pulled my pectorial back in June. I initially thought it was a tear because I couldn’t move my arm without pain but I quickly got over that and realized it was a pull after a visit to the doctor. From the sounds of it you may have pulled it. Expect to be told to stay off the chest for up to eight weeks.

I pulled my pectorial back in June but I thought I tore it initially because I couldn’t move my arm until later that day without my chest hurting. From the sounds of it you pulled it and you could be out up to 8 weeks from chest exercises and pull ups/chin ups

thanks mthomps…thats strange.

It feels fine today, it was leg day tho and I have not done any pressing. I will not do any pressing movements until next wednesday and assess it then.

DG

[quote]APLASTICSPOON wrote:
I pulled my pectorial back in June. I initially thought it was a tear because I couldn’t move my arm without pain but I quickly got over that and realized it was a pull after a visit to the doctor.

From the sounds of it you may have pulled it. Expect to be told to stay off the chest for up to eight weeks.[/quote]

Thanks!

Sumbitch! 500 thats a milestone, landmark, etc lol :stuck_out_tongue: Congrats on that man, good luck and thanks for all the help.

Sorry for my ignorance but ART?

DG

I tore mine about 15 years ago. Partial tear. I was left with chronic tendonitis for a number of years after. That is worked out now, but the pec has never really been the same since. With mecu better training and rehab information available now, you will probably fair better than I did. Good luck.

[quote]on edge wrote:
I tore mine about 15 years ago. Partial tear. I was left with chronic tendonitis for a number of years after. That is worked out now, but the pec has never really been the same since. With mecu better training and rehab information available now, you will probably fair better than I did. Good luck.[/quote]

Wow! How did I typo “mecu” for “much”?

[quote]Dirty Gerdy wrote:
Sumbitch! 500 thats a milestone, landmark, etc lol :stuck_out_tongue: Congrats on that man, good luck and thanks for all the help.

DG[/quote]

Active Release Therapy. Unless you already knew that and were asking him WHY he recommended ART…

[quote]The Bambino wrote:
Dirty Gerdy wrote:

DG

Active Release Therapy. Unless you already knew that and were asking him WHY he recommended ART…

[/quote]

ooooohhhhhh…I know what active release therapy is…but for some reason ART didn’t click. lol

DG