T Nation

Ever Hear of Amway Global (Scamway)

I’ve recently gotten involved with the Amway Multi Level Marketing about a month ago when I was on spring break and my buddy from H.S had me go to his house where some Fat married guy who claimed to be a powerlifter competitor was talking about a lucarative new business where you are your own boss and you make your own hours etc…

Anyways long story short I ended up shelling out 150 for the fast track package where I would have access to mentors and get a sample package of there over priced products to lure my unsuspecting friends and family and get them to buy from me shit they can already buy at a lower price locally lol.

Im posting this up to see if anyone has had success with this company / pyramid scam. I know what your thinking how the hell are you going to be succesful if your talking negatively about your own company well I’m the guy who talks negatively about everything I do in essence my motivation is away from pain in NLP-pyschology it is known excerpt from Wiki—

“We are all always, every moment, either moving towards something we want, moving toward pleasure, or moving away from something we don’t want, or we’re afraid of, or we want to avoid, we’re moving away from pain. So we’re always either moving toward pleasure or moving away from pain. These are the basic strategies that govern literally every moment of our lives. And people make decisions based on these strategies”

The only reason I lift is to avoid looking like an anorexic lindsay lohan. The only reason I go to uni. is to avoid cleaning bathrooms for a living. I know that the only way to make it in this pyramid scam lifestyle would be to recruit at least 1,000 idiots like myself and than I will reach what they call the diamond level in the company thats when I make the 5,000 K a month doing jack shit since Im already sitting at the top of the pyramid.

Its legit,I was involved with quixtar a few years back.Its not a scam,If your serious about it and really get people under you, you could really make some money.

I didnt continue doing it because im not very good at approaching people and trying to get them to come to meetings.

I was involved with this directly under Brad Wolgamont, Look up his name he is one of the top guys.

What I wanted to do is get coffee stands to sell XS and buy it directly through me so I would get all the PV/BV, but like I said I had an old beat up truck at the time and not a very good approach.

Speaking of XS,The guy on the dirt bike is my buddy Chris,He was sponsered by them but he was killed in a nasty motorcycle accident in december.

[quote]
Im posting this up to see if anyone has had success with this company / pyramid scam. I know what your thinking how the hell are you going to be succesful if your talking negatively about your own company well I’m the guy who talks negatively about everything I do in essence my motivation is away from pain in NLP-pyschology it is known excerpt from Wiki—

“We are all always, every moment, either moving towards something we want, moving toward pleasure, or moving away from something we don’t want, or we’re afraid of, or we want to avoid, we’re moving away from pain. So we’re always either moving toward pleasure or moving away from pain. These are the basic strategies that govern literally every moment of our lives. And people make decisions based on these strategies”

The only reason I lift is to avoid looking like an anorexic lindsay lohan. The only reason I go to uni. is to avoid cleaning bathrooms for a living. I know that the only way to make it in this pyramid scam lifestyle would be to recruit at least 1,000 idiots like myself and than I will reach what they call the diamond level in the company thats when I make the 5,000 K a month doing jack shit since Im already sitting at the top of the pyramid.[/quote]

Why have friends just as friends when you can exploit them as well…

http://www.vandruff.com/mlm.html

[quote]elrey316 wrote:
The only reason I go to uni. is to avoid cleaning bathrooms for a living.[/quote]

University is NO guarantee!

Make sure you get employable skills by taking something lucrative like engineering, business, medicine, law, accounting… something with a specific JOB at the end of the tunnel.

As much as professors like to say that it’s “useful” to have a “general degree” that “teaches you how to think”, all those general BA/BSc’s and such do is give you the ability to think about complicated concepts while you scrub toilets.

ElbowStrike

Amway meetings must use some sort of advanced brainwashing techniques. Once normal people turn into glassy eyed zombies incapable of normal conversation. They are always feeding you some line about getting rich and touting the merits of their rug shampoo and superior toothpaste.

Do you sell that oxygenated water that instantly makes you stronger and more flexable? As demonstrated by super scientific awesome demonstration. I think that at this point people have a knee-jerk cringe to the name Amway.

[quote]ElbowStrike wrote:

As much as professors like to say that it’s “useful” to have a “general degree” that “teaches you how to think”, all those general BA/BSc’s and such do is give you the ability to think about complicated concepts while you scrub toilets.

ElbowStrike[/quote]

That’s a bit inaccurate. Vocational degrees(besides maybe law) pigeon hole you into one career path. Proponents of liberal arts degrees say that employers outside of these specialized areas view a degree, regardless of major, as merely a prerequisite for being considered for a job. Logically, your statement doesn’t hold up either. Are the number of toilet scrubbing jobs equal to the number of liberal arts degrees attained? I don’t know how things are done in Canada, but here pimply teenagers and immigrants(legal and illegal) who are scrounging for a living primarily do that work. Typically, few of them are high school educated, let alone college educated.

I will say that the name of the school, in some instances, can make a big difference. You telling me a guy with a sociology degree from Princeton will be starving anytime soon?

I used to be associated with them for a while (not saying how, not as a seller or participant though). I’ll tell you thought that a VERY low percentage of people end up making any decent sort of money off of it like you’re talking about. I personally don’t like that way of doing business and didn’t enjoy working there.

But yes, you can certainly make money off of it. You have to be a hell of a salesman and really know how to network, get yourself out there and not be afraid of selling to anyone and trying to get others to sell for you. I would not enjoy this if you were one of my friends, but to each his own. It’s not a get rich quick scheme or anything though.

[quote]dwilliams wrote:
Amway meetings must use some sort of advanced brainwashing techniques. Once normal people turn into glassy eyed zombies incapable of normal conversation. They are always feeding you some line about getting rich and touting the merits of their rug shampoo and superior toothpaste.
[/quote]

Lol, brainwashing? The meetings are designed to appeal to you.

It is not a “line” because in all honesty you can make it big in the business if you do it right. I work with a few couples who make six figures a year through the program. Also, from personal experience with their products I can agree that they are superior to most store bought goods. AND they pay you back for using them…

[quote]nowakc wrote:
I used to be associated with them for a while (not saying how, not as a seller or participant though). I’ll tell you thought that a VERY low percentage of people end up making any decent sort of money off of it like you’re talking about. I personally don’t like that way of doing business and didn’t enjoy working there.

But yes, you can certainly make money off of it. You have to be a hell of a salesman and really know how to network, get yourself out there and not be afraid of selling to anyone and trying to get others to sell for you. I would not enjoy this if you were one of my friends, but to each his own. It’s not a get rich quick scheme or anything though.[/quote]

Its most definently not a get rich quick scheme. To get to your ‘riches’ it will take longer if you have no business experience. You REALLY have to put time into it to make it work though.

Warning to others : DO NOT sell to your friends. Amway breaks more friendships than makes. Selling to your personal friends will piss them off in the long run. I learned the hard way.

I got involved with these fuckers too. Forked out $130 and then kept getting billed every month for boring ass CDs which I never listened to, which were nothing more than recordings of people speaking at meetings!

[quote]JohnnyBlaze wrote:
I got involved with these fuckers too. Forked out $130 and then kept getting billed every month for boring ass CDs which I never listened to, which were nothing more than recordings of people speaking at meetings![/quote]

Lol, the cd’s are produced for you to hand out to skeptic consumers. Tell ya the truth, I wouldn’t have gotten anywhere in the business without them.

Well I ordered 5 boxes of there Sports Cookie oatmeal Cranberry and there energy bar choc. nut flavor which I was hoping would help me do some sampling and have people want to check out my website turns out the cookie isn’t all that good tasting and the energy bar’s I suspect are just choc. candy bars I honestly don’t notice the 15g of protein the nutrition label claims it has

Im thinking of going to Nutrition Class and just giving them away to the students with a business card attached and just eating all the choc. candy bars for myself If it ruins my goal for ripped abs Im gonna be pissed :stuck_out_tongue: and I will see if theres a way to verify there nutrition label at the Uni.

How many billionaires do this type of shit?

Oh.

Well apprantly one of my old chums from h.s has a video up of making 1000 for the month Idk if the ceremony is to award him for 1000ibos recruited or for selling 1000$ worth of shit I would ask him personally but I am in the process of steering away from the whole scamway crowd they seemed to cult like for my taste

It’s possible, but you’ve got to put a lot of work into it. I got approached by these people as well, through an acquaintance.