Honestly, I kinda think that's almost getting into the realm of OCD haha. When my band snapped, it's because I stupidly did things.
1) That band had way less tension than it used to.
2) That band was many years old
3) It was fray in multiple spots and simply not as thick in some spots as others because frays that were worn off.
4) I quadded the bands which of all types of setups is probably the hardest on the band
5) I stored them tightly packed in my gym bag clanging around with my belt, lifting shoes, and bb collars.
The stupid was strong with me that day. But it's hard for me imagine that if you do things at least semi-intelligently that will happen.