Ever Had a Colonic?

[quote]analog_kid wrote:
You could set a clock by my morning shits. About 9:20am every day. I don’t know if you can get much more “regular” than that.[/quote]

That’s pretty regular, but is your shit worthy of Paul Chek’s approval? Is it earthy and moist?

[quote]Yo Momma wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:

It is usually whatever they injest for the “cleanse” clumping together. It is quite a good scam.

That’s exactly what it is. The stuff people see coming out their ass after they use the “cleanse” isn’t a mass of old impacted petrified shit, it’s a mass of psyllium, and psyllium husks with some do-do attached onto it, and other undigested crap mixed in. If they keep taking the psyllium mix, they’ll keep seeing more of the same. They’ll think that they were full of yards and yards of prehistoric Jurassic wastes. They’ll always think they need to do another cleanse. Every time they do, it looks like more ancient wastes come out.

And that’s the fact, Jack.

[/quote]

Thanks for clearing that up. Seriously. I thought a couple of those people had Jimmy Hoffa hidden in their rectums what with the size of some of that stuff.

God, I love T-Nation.

I remember reading about a “gallstone cleanse” awhile back.

They advised a regimen of olive oil, lemon juice and epsom salts.

People were shitting out little, olive coloured pebbles (coincidentally!), and convincing themselves that they were excess gallstones.

I’d imagine this is something similar

[quote]EmilyQ wrote:
God, I love T-Nation.[/quote]

No kidding. Where else could you possibly go for such high brow education and entertainment?

I think I also spotted my skipping rope I lost in grade 4.

There is no need for a colonic, provided your diet has plenty of fiber in it. The colon has its own self cleansing mechanism, aka shitting a brick.

Yes, it does, and it doesn’t function properly in most people. Look at the rates of colon cancer. Hell, I know people who will go a week without shitting. Does this stuff just evaporate into the air?

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
It is usually whatever they injest for the “cleanse” clumping together. It is quite a good scam. [/quote]

Ahh makes sense. I was wondering why there were gastrointestinal doctors saying it was impossible, yet there were so many people on forums claiming that stuff was actually coming out.

The cleanse that I did was a tea so there was no clumping…

[quote]rehabman28 wrote:
Yes, it does, and it doesn’t function properly in most people. Look at the rates of colon cancer. Hell, I know people who will go a week without shitting. Does this stuff just evaporate into the air?[/quote]

My bet is that the colon DOES function properly in most people, it’s just that their main source of “nutrition” happens to be Big Macs and Cheerios. No wonder they don’t shit for a week.

But, get them eating a good diet with some decent fibre, and I guarantee they’ll be shitting bricks regular as clock-work.

[quote]ouroboro_s wrote:
EmilyQ wrote:
God, I love T-Nation.

No kidding. Where else could you possibly go for such high brow education and entertainment?
[/quote]

Exactly. Everything you could ever want or need in one place.

[quote]ab_power wrote:
analog_kid wrote:
You could set a clock by my morning shits. About 9:20am every day. I don’t know if you can get much more “regular” than that.

That’s pretty regular, but is your shit worthy of Paul Chek’s approval? Is it earthy and moist?[/quote]

Nope. I haven’t measured it yet, but “earthy” isn’t quite the right word to describe the…scent. It does usually float though which I heard is a good thing.

the reason i was looking into it was to possibly help with my bad gas I get from my diet…any ideas toward that?

never had one
but there was one time I had to have a GI mri done

had to drink the radioactive slop and then went in to the mri then after im sitting up and this big dude was like no sir you need to roll over and pull down your shorts,you need your enima.

I was like ohhh hell no and then it was basicly a colonic where they pushed in water and it stayed there to fill my lower tract to get a good picture.and then the nhose sucked it right back out so no mess.

after the fact as the dude was walking me back to my room that was the most uncomfortable i have ever been with anyone EVER
walking head down the entire time

[quote]ffdrebin wrote:
the reason i was looking into it was to possibly help with my bad gas I get from my diet…any ideas toward that?[/quote]

I cannot imagine it would have a lasting effect. Gas problems are due to partially digested food making it too far down your digestive tract. Digestive aids may help.

[quote]ffdrebin wrote:
the reason i was looking into it was to possibly help with my bad gas I get from my diet…any ideas toward that?[/quote]

Undigested protein in your colon.

[quote]PRCalDude wrote:
ffdrebin wrote:
the reason i was looking into it was to possibly help with my bad gas I get from my diet…any ideas toward that?

Undigested protein in your colon. [/quote]

ya that makes sense, Ill give a digestion supp a shot. thanks guys

Try a pro-biotic. You might have the wrong balance of flora in your gut.

I occasionally take a capsule of Inner Health Plus, which apparently contain a bazillion good flora.

I’m not sure if you can get it outside of Australia, but there’s probably something similar available in the US.