T Nation

Ever Found Forgotten Treasure in a Pocket

The topic is misleading in a way but it sets the tone. Finding 20 dollars in a jacket pocket is an example. That surprised feeling when you feel it, HAVE to pull it out and you got a little victory sign floating inside your head or a grin on your face.

Anyways I was hunting for my olive oil tonight and I finally found it… Along with my adjustable screwdriver and a unopened canister of Grow Whey! It was like a triple AHA! moment.

The most surprising part is I thought it was an empty Grow in one of the kitchen storage units. I reached it to pull it out and immediately registered approximately five pounds in my fingers ~ grabbed it by the cap. I quickly stripped the cap off to find it was still sealed.

AHA!

I love surprises like that.

I love when I find money in my pocket or in a different purse!

Once when I was moving I found a stash of Christmas gifts (little stocking stuffer things) that I thought I had lost.

I also found a pair of pearl earrings in the pocket of my jeans once that I thought I lost.

apparently I am reaaaaaaalllllyyyyy forgetful

There is a security compartment on my backpack for travelling. Just decided to check the pockets of my backpack today and found 60 australian dollars there. Decided to throw it in the savings, lol. Can’t hurt after the catastrophe with the market.

I’ll join you on Team Forgetful!

Sometimes I’ll find a pubic hair mixed in with all my spare change. I don’t even know if it’s mine.

[quote]Shadow Hunter36 wrote:
Sometimes I’ll find a pubic hair mixed in with all my spare change. I don’t even know if it’s mine. [/quote]

Haha thats a happy surprise for you?

Ever open your wallet at school to get your ID out in front of your dean and have some papers or a rubber fall out?

I don’t think a rubber can get you in trouble, but I dropped to the ground both times (separate occasions) sort of covering it with my body ASAP and picked it up stealthily… hard to explain…

I don’t know if that is related to this thread, but whatever.

Hahahaha sure its related. I think every post is related including the pubic hair one.

One thing that sucks about having a really good memory. No fuckin surprises.

Hell I’ll remember if I drop a dime under my car seat like 6 months later. If somebody asks me if I have any change at the drive-thru I’ll actually remember and go after it. Serious.

Usually happens to me after summer when I get my winter jackets on again.

And how in the hell do you forget about a tub of protein? :slight_smile:

[quote]RSGZ wrote:
Usually happens to me after summer when I get my winter jackets on again.

And how in the hell do you forget about a tub of protein? :)[/quote]

Well there was a month where I had a lot of protein… due to a series of events - given 5 lbs here because someone didnt like the fact their " hand blender with the 2 double AA batteries wasn’t able to blend their powder effectively ". Another was a awesome deal on top of all of my other protein from Biotest… So instead of creating a pyramid I stashed some protein elsewhere. haha…

You know how junkfood people have stashes everywhere. I tend to have 4-5 spots in my place where stuff is stored. Occasionally I forget the other spots and only pay attention to what I see upon walking into the kitchen region ~

[quote]The Bambino wrote:

Hell I’ll remember if I drop a dime under my car seat like 6 months later. If somebody asks me if I have any change at the drive-thru I’ll actually remember and go after it. Serious. [/quote]

Yea I’m the same. When I sold my car once I remembered how there was a $2 coin wedged some place that I couldn’t be fucked ever getting to until i sold it…it would of been there for 2 years.

My friend used to hide money from himself and honestly forget about it. Wish I could do that.

[quote]hardgnr wrote:
The Bambino wrote:

Hell I’ll remember if I drop a dime under my car seat like 6 months later. If somebody asks me if I have any change at the drive-thru I’ll actually remember and go after it. Serious.

Yea I’m the same. When I sold my car once I remembered how there was a $2 coin wedged some place that I couldn’t be fucked ever getting to until i sold it…it would of been there for 2 years.

My friend used to hide money from himself and honestly forget about it. Wish I could do that.[/quote]

haha… believe it or not a friend of mine found 70$ in change scattered throughout his car.

I once found my neighbor’s wedding band in She Say’s vagaina. Boy were they both surprised !

I found a twenty smoldering in a fire the morning after a bachelor party. Red letter day!

I once brought a rain jacket to a concert at Red Rocks (outdoor venue)…last time I had worn it was camping. I found a smushed roll of toilet paper that I used as a bribe to get to the front of the porta-pottie line, hehe.

Exact change.

Finding parking in a crowded lot as soon as I arrive.

Wearing a pair of socks for the first time and noticing the extra cushion of the fabric as I walk on a hardwood floor.

Hot chick checking me out…realizing she was checking me out probably even before I noticed her.

[quote]hardgnr wrote:
My friend used to hide money from himself and honestly forget about it. Wish I could do that.[/quote]

I do something similar to this. I don’t actually forget about it though. I have a hiding place where I throw loose bills and change. Every once in a while I’ll check on it and I’m always surprised at how much money can build up over a year or two.

[quote]Shadow Hunter36 wrote:
Sometimes I’ll find a pubic hair mixed in with all my spare change. I don’t even know if it’s mine. [/quote]

Yeah, I collect change in jars. By the time they are full, there is some pretty nasty stuff mixed in with the change. Stuff you are pretty certain you would have noticed initially but didn’t. I’m an avid hand washer.

I found a £20 note (just under 40 dollars) in my jeans just last week :smiley: love it when that happens!