Ever Feel Like A Thread Killer? 60

Hello people. A few of you will remember me. I’ve been off line for several reasons: diagnosis of breast cancer in July, surgery in August (teeny tiny dot, all is well), radiation in September/October, hospitalization for cellulitis in October (yay radiation complication), 28 days of IV and oral antibiotics, 5 days out of the hospital skin split and a quart of fluid shot out of the breast and 10 weeks of 3 times per week wound care appointments to try and close that up. Was finally physically well in January and took the bar exam in February (results in April). My gym time was little to none during this time (lots of swelling in the associated arm, plus the whole “hole” thing that would fill up with fluid and cause all kinds of havoc if I barely moved my arm around) and I just started back last Thursday, 6 days a week and going strong. I am going to have to start from almost scratch on my deads and squats, but I don’t think it will be terribly long before my muscles and strength will returned. There’s your update. Hope you’re all still kicking ass!

I threw up at skin split but I’m glad you are.well.

[quote]attydeb2005 wrote:
Hello people. A few of you will remember me. I’ve been off line for several reasons: diagnosis of breast cancer in July, surgery in August (teeny tiny dot, all is well), radiation in September/October, hospitalization for cellulitis in October (yay radiation complication), 28 days of IV and oral antibiotics, 5 days out of the hospital skin split and a quart of fluid shot out of the breast and 10 weeks of 3 times per week wound care appointments to try and close that up. Was finally physically well in January and took the bar exam in February (results in April). My gym time was little to none during this time (lots of swelling in the associated arm, plus the whole “hole” thing that would fill up with fluid and cause all kinds of havoc if I barely moved my arm around) and I just started back last Thursday, 6 days a week and going strong. I am going to have to start from almost scratch on my deads and squats, but I don’t think it will be terribly long before my muscles and strength will returned. There’s your update. Hope you’re all still kicking ass![/quote]
DEB!!!

Been wondering where you were… I knew you had a lot going on with school, but damn… I’m glad you’re back in action again :slight_smile:

Hello people. A few of you will remember me. I’ve been off line for several reasons: diagnosis of breast cancer in July, surgery in August (teeny tiny dot, all is well), radiation in September/October, hospitalization for cellulitis in October (yay radiation complication), 28 days of IV and oral antibiotics, 5 days out of the hospital skin split and a quart of fluid shot out of the breast and 10 weeks of 3 times per week wound care appointments to try and close that up. Was finally physically well in January and took the bar exam in February (results in April). My gym time was little to none during this time (lots of swelling in the associated arm, plus the whole “hole” thing that would fill up with fluid and cause all kinds of havoc if I barely moved my arm around) and I just started back last Thursday, 6 days a week and going strong. I am going to have to start from almost scratch on my deads and squats, but I don’t think it will be terribly long before my muscles and strength will returned. There’s your update. Hope you’re all still kicking ass![/quote]

It sounds like you already have both will an strength in abundance. Amazing rebound.

Many people don’t get this but it’s true. It will never be so much about the workout or your training tech than your ability to come back and do it all over again.

Results comes from returning over an over an over again. Basically not giving up and you sound like you have that part covered.

[quote]imhungry wrote:

DEB!!!

Been wondering where you were… I knew you had a lot going on with school, but damn… I’m glad you’re back in action again :)[/quote]
Hey dude,

I might be in philly early next month. Either that or Indianapolis, not hammered down yet. Is philly anywhere near you?

Hi Deb, Welcome back.

Sounds like you’re in good spirits, keep kicking ass.

Welcome back Deb.

I have ssooooooooooooo missed you Deb!

Sorry to hear about your issues, and am so glad that you are on the mend!

Thanks guys! It is good to be back. Now I have to figure out when I can get into the only squat rack in my gym. New ownership and they took one rack out, moved in a lot more cardio (gawd help me) and brought their members from another crappy gym with them. Consequently, it is insanely busy all the time. I may have to go late at night to get my work outs in (fine with me) but I am NOT interested in standing around waiting for some dorks to stop doing their curls in MY rack :slight_smile:

IH!! Edgy!! Missed you!

IH!! Edgy!! Missed you! [/quote]

and we, you - the place ain’t been the same without ya -

glad you made it out of the illness, and back amongst the living!

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

[quote]imhungry wrote:

DEB!!!

Been wondering where you were… I knew you had a lot going on with school, but damn… I’m glad you’re back in action again :)[/quote]
Hey dude,

I might be in philly early next month. Either that or Indianapolis, not hammered down yet. Is philly anywhere near you?[/quote]

No. We are as far from Philly as you can possibly get and still be in PA.

Hi Deb, Welcome back! Just tell the dweebs to get out of the rack so some real work can be done!

[quote]Grneyes wrote:

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

[quote]imhungry wrote:

DEB!!!

Hey dude,

I might be in philly early next month. Either that or Indianapolis, not hammered down yet. Is philly anywhere near you?[/quote]

[/quote]
Oh cool, I’m going there too but I wasn’t talking to you.

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

[quote]Grneyes wrote:

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

[quote]imhungry wrote:

DEB!!!

Hey dude,

[/quote]
Oh cool, I’m going there too but I wasn’t talking to you.[/quote]
Unless ,of course, you’re being sincere.

DEB! We missed you.

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

[quote]Grneyes wrote:

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

[quote]imhungry wrote:

DEB!!!

Hey dude,

[/quote]
Oh cool, I’m going there too but I wasn’t talking to you.[/quote]
Unless ,of course, you’re being sincere.[/quote]

:slight_smile:

Tootles,

That did not answer my question.

Good morning, bitches. I’ve decided I’m going to be all over this TK.

Like all up in it.

Still only on page 2, huh? TK is not what it used to be.