Ever Feel Like A Thread Killer? 58

Edgy:

Stop looking at my kitty!

P.S. The avi isn’t a kitty you dirty old Viking.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:
Well I am not changing my Avi, that is also a 1977 Picture of my face that was in the Newspaper.

I paid the Count, he is embezzling for his election fund. [/quote]

the records show that you are in arrears with your monthly dues, and you still have not contributed to the mandatory Meathead anti-defamation fund.

please remit, and change that damnded avi!

[quote]Christine wrote:
Edgy:

P.S. The avi isn’t a kitty you dirty old Viking.[/quote]

dancing rat?

[quote]Edgy wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:
Well I am not changing my Avi, that is also a 1977 Picture of my face that was in the Newspaper.

I paid the Count, he is embezzling for his election fund. [/quote]

the records show that you are in arrears with your monthly dues, and you still have not contributed to the mandatory Meathead anti-defamation fund.

please remit, and change that damnded avi![/quote]

Will you take a 3rd party check, from out of country?

Edgy???
why u not mention me???
so sad…

pic unrelated…

Edgy, glad you like it, special thanks to Dixies Finest for dropping this edited version in my log. Anyone wanting to see more awesome pics of come of the mounts that are coming back from S Africa, check mah log!

[quote]Edgy wrote:

[quote]Christine wrote:
Edgy:

P.S. The avi isn’t a kitty you dirty old Viking.[/quote]

dancing rat?[/quote]

It’s an animaniac!

[quote]Rodimus Black wrote:
Nobody would listen when I said the GIANTS would spank the Packers. I did a dance. And I have been “bad cop” all weekend. These kids…[/quote]

OMG…I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited the Packers lost!!!

[quote]Edgy wrote:
::::::::::::::::::::::::: Threadkiller Avatar Check ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Kroh - I dig the awkwardsmart guy thing that you portray, but do you even train?

[/quote]

He did a photo bomb in tilf over the weekend.

Looking good KD.

AS far as my avi is concerned I’m always on the lookout for something new but nothing works as well as the beaver. And really only that beaver picture. It was meant to be. :smiley:

[quote]JLO73 wrote:
Edgy???
why u not mention me???
so sad…

pic unrelated…[/quote]

sorry Jlo - you’ve been MIA for so long, that your name has been deleted from the rolls.

I’d be happy to reinstate you once Derek has brought his dues up to date, and made the necessary contributions to our PAC.

[quote]Christine wrote:

It’s an animaniac!

[/quote]

so, is it a puppy?

one would assume that the cartoon depicts an actual critter in order to remain relevant to the audience.

no?

[quote]Edgy wrote:

[quote]JLO73 wrote:
Edgy???
why u not mention me???
so sad…

pic unrelated…[/quote]

sorry Jlo - you’ve been MIA for so long, that your name has been deleted from the rolls.

I’d be happy to reinstate you once Derek has brought his dues up to date, and made the necessary contributions to our PAC.[/quote]

checks in the mail, you can take my word for it

My brother.

John Murphy to face ‘Death Race’

John Murphy of Loveland hikes the Devil’s Backbone Trail recently while carrying a cinder block. Murphy is training for the upcoming Death Race, an obstacle race that lasts 48 hours involving physical and mental challenges.
When it comes to doing chores around his Berthoud-area farm, John Murphy asks how he can make it harder.

Murphy isn’t a masochist by nature but wants to do everything he can to prepare for the Spartan Death Race, billed as the toughest obstacle race in the world.

The third annual race, which will be June 15 in Pittsfield, Vt., is composed of barbed wire and mud runs, physical and mental challenges and whatever the race directors deem “fun.” It lasts an unknown duration, generally more than 48 hours, and is so tough that only 10 percent of the racers reach the finish line.

“It’s the first race I signed up for where I’m not sure if I’ll finish the race,” said Murphy, one of 300 people to sign up so far.

Murphy, 37, started adventure racing in 2001, a type of racing that combines outdoor sports, such as biking, running and kayaking, on a surprise course.

So far, he’s participated in 30 races that ranged from 12 hours to four days as a solo or team competitor.

The Death Race is a solo venture that Murphy set as his goal for 2012. He wants to see how he responds to a test of his mental and physical strength that takes adventure racing to the next level, he said.

“It looks like it requires a lot of mental toughness,” said Murphy, who is a software engineer by day and does farm work in the evenings. “Every time you face something you haven’t seen before, you can draw on past experiences, but you have to come up with something new.”

The course and the activities of the race change from year to year, requiring the participants think of every possible way to prepare.

“Most people would look at a race like this and think it’s crazy, and he looks at a race like this and thinks it’s fun,” said Murphy’s wife, Stephanie. “John has the ability to persevere regardless of how badly it hurts and how difficult it is. He just puts his nose to the grindstone and goes.”

Murphy’s prep includes practicing the skills from some of the challenges from past races, such as chopping wood, memorizing Latin phrases while climbing a mountain and carrying a bucket filled with rocks or a log.

Starting in August, Murphy began training an average of 12 to 20 hours a week by running, cycling, hiking, lifting weights, practicing martial arts, paddling and doing heavy farm work.

On his 50-acre farm, Murphy picks a chore that needs to be completed and puts on a weighted vest or backpack to increase the difficulty of the work. He moves rocks and builds new buildings and fences for his Yak herd on foot, instead of using a tractor.

If there is snow, Murphy does the fencing in the dark and cold with wet feet to make the work “miserable,” he said.

On his runs, Murphy takes a phrase and tries to memorize it by the time he returns home.

“I’ve had to get more efficient with my use of time,” Murphy said.

Murphy also incorporates training into family activities with his wife and their daughter, Nayah. He goes paddling, hiking and snow shoeing with them and turns the playground into a gym by doing pull-ups on the monkey bars.

Typically, Murphy works out two to three times a day.

“I’m never sure that it’s enough,” Murphy said. “I’m fit now, but there’s always something to work on. … I’m sure they’ll make us carry something that is heavy and unwieldy to keep up the character of the race.”

Racers are expected to carry a variety of tools during the course of the race, such as buckets, handsaws and Latin dictionaries. The race directors post the required items, but then will change the list up until the day before the race.

“The main theme is don’t take anything for granted because it probably will change,” Murphy said. “I’m looking forward to how I respond to the unexpected.”

^ Like your brother brother or your Bro?

I just pay you in cash, right Edgy?

[quote]Derek542 wrote:
^ Like your brother brother or your Bro?[/quote]

Like, we have matching afros, eyes, and calves, brother.

[quote]pushmepullme wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:
^ Like your brother brother or your Bro?[/quote]

Like, we have matching afros, eyes, and calves, brother.[/quote]

Lol that is fucking crazy awesome.

My brother is just trying to take over the world with his 8 kids.

Dereck…

Did you tell him I’m winning?

This is the pathetic snow day that closed down my gym(it’s a university gym).

lol I feel so embarrassed for us.