Ever Catch Someone Stealing From You?

[quote]Cockney Blue wrote:
why would you have to fuck someone up for stealing inconsequential things? Just make them aware that you know they are taking them and tell them to stop. If it something of value, get it back.

[/quote]

You are absolutely right. The best i can explain is what I said to my wife. When I finally do catch someone stealing, they are going to take it for everyone who ever got away with stealing from me.

If you have a view of the vehicle from a window and a computer near by, get a webcam and record during the time you think this is happening. Take the proof to your boss and get the ahole fired or call the police… thats what I would do, but im an ahole about stuff like that…

[quote]on edge wrote:
Brett295 wrote:
Get a live hornets nest and put it in a box. Place a blanket over the box to keep the hornets in. When the guy lifts the blanket to see whats in the box he will have an unpleasant suprise. The hornets buzzing might give it away but I doubt he will be paying that much attention.

This appeals to me but I have know idea how to get a hornets nest.[/quote]

hahaha.

Yeah after I posted that I was wondering where the hell you would get a hornets nest. It’s just the firs thing that came to my mind.

If you have a view of the vehicle from a window and a computer near by, get a webcam and record during the time you think this is happening. Take the proof to your boss and get the ahole fired or call the police… thats what I would do, but im an ahole about stuff like that…

I thought I had accidentally left a bottle Issey Miyake cologne (good shit kinda like Aqua Di Gio) over a friends house and I asked him about it and he kept saying he hadnt seen it, but I knew him well enough to tell when he was lying, anyway I was like ahh whatever.

Anyhow, this one night we meet up at my apartment before we all went out to the club and I was pretty sure he had my cologne on. So I asked my other friend to ask him what it was and he lied saying it was Aqua Di Gio. On the way to the club I just wanted to strangle the kid because he is a pathological liar and I knew he was lying. I asked him again “Are you sure you havent seen my cologne over your house?” Again he says “No, Nope, havent seen it.” This time I say really, because your wearing it right now… after a few seconds, this devilish little smile comes across the kids face and he says “its in the car jackass” What a little bastard.

In your case I would put up a camera somewhere like one of the other posters mentioned, a buddy of mine did that and caught someone who was vandalizing his car and got him arrested.

[quote]Cockney Blue wrote:
why would you have to fuck someone up for stealing inconsequential things? Just make them aware that you know they are taking them and tell them to stop. If it something of value, get it back.

[/quote]

Because “people” need to be taught, the value of the items means nothing.

[quote]Airtruth wrote:
why not have some fun… Ex lax the water bottles.[/quote]

I like this idea. Alot.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
Many years ago, someone was rifling through a football players locker at my high school. The FB guy came around the corner, saw the thief, grabbed his wrist and held his hand in there while he slammed the door several times on the kid’s hand. I just happened to look up in time from down the row of lockers to see this. The FB guy was huge too. The screams were terrible.

This was back in the olden days when the thief got suspended and the FB guy was somewhat of a celebrity. Nowadays he’d have been charged. Fucked up world we live in…[/quote]

Agreed.

[quote]on edge wrote:
Cockney Blue wrote:

You are absolutely right. The best i can explain is what I said to my wife. When I finally do catch someone stealing, they are going to take it for everyone who ever got away with stealing from me.[/quote]

I understand.

Like someone said, it’s the principle. It’s gotten to where everyone thinks they are invincible.

My wife was walking out to her truck at Wal Mart a while back, and up ahead of her a chick was walking along with her kids. The mom finished her drink, and proceeded to put it in the open bed of my wife’s truck, right in front of her(she obviously didn’t realize it was her truck). My wife yelled at her, and proceeded to chew her out right there in public, and made her get her trash out of her truck. It was great because there were a lot of people around, and the lady was super embarrassed. “That’s great, to teach your kids to throw your trash in other people’s property. That’s great parenting, right there.”

[quote]boatguy wrote:
Like someone said, it’s the principle. It’s gotten to where everyone thinks they are invincible.

My wife was walking out to her truck at Wal Mart a while back, and up ahead of her a chick was walking along with her kids. The mom finished her drink, and proceeded to put it in the open bed of my wife’s truck, right in front of her(she obviously didn’t realize it was her truck). My wife yelled at her, and proceeded to chew her out right there in public, and made her get her trash out of her truck. It was great because there were a lot of people around, and the lady was super embarrassed. “That’s great, to teach your kids to throw your trash in other people’s property. That’s great parenting, right there.”[/quote]

If you were able to catch the person in the act, and could get to them quick enough that they were still right there, I’d say pepper spray the shit out of em. Probably want to look around and make sure there are no cameras pointing that way first, though.

[quote]boatguy wrote:

My wife was walking out to her truck at Wal Mart a while back, and up ahead of her a chick was walking along with her kids. The mom finished her drink, and proceeded to put it in the open bed of my wife’s truck, right in front of her(she obviously didn’t realize it was her truck). My wife yelled at her, and proceeded to chew her out right there in public, and made her get her trash out of her truck. It was great because there were a lot of people around, and the lady was super embarrassed. “That’s great, to teach your kids to throw your trash in other people’s property. That’s great parenting, right there.”[/quote]

Brilliant.

I’ve only ever been mugged, but never had anything stolen from me, which is strange considering I grew up in South Africa.

I am careful with my stuff though.

one of my old ‘friends’ broke into my house and stole my laptop and gave it to his dealer for some random amount of weed.

he bragged about it on myspace a few of my buddies that had stuff missing recently saw and figured out where all their shit went and decided to smash out all the windows of his car, then report him to the cops…

not sure what happened to him, i wonder if he’s in jail…probably.

[quote]on edge wrote:
Cockney Blue wrote:

You are absolutely right. The best i can explain is what I said to my wife. When I finally do catch someone stealing, they are going to take it for everyone who ever got away with stealing from me.[/quote]

I understand where you are coming from. I just had a watch stolen from my luggage flying back from the Philippines (stupid for leaving it there) and it really pissed me off, I kinda missunderstood your initial post and also thought you were implying that it is someone that works with you I just find that these days I don’t feel the need to use phsycal violence to solve problems.

I fight in a ring, I don’t need to fight on the street. Someone steels something from me and I can prove it, I would ensure they get nicked by the police or I would take it back.

[quote]The other Rob wrote:
Airtruth wrote:
why not have some fun… Ex lax the water bottles.

I like this idea. Alot.[/quote]

Agreed, that is a good solution to the issue, and maybe he will learn something.

LMAO everyone has a “buddy” who had their shit stolen and either kicked the theif’s ass or caught them in the act…

Move to Texas

“A person is justified in using deadly force against another to protect his property to the degree he reasonably believes the force is immediately necessary to prevent the other’s imminent commission of arson, burglary, robbery, theft during the nighttime or criminal mischief during the nighttime, and he reasonably believes that the property cannot be protected by any other means.”

“A person is justified in using deadly force against another to pervent the other who is fleeing after committing burglary, robbery, or theft during the nighttime, from escaping with the property and he reasonable believes that the property cannot be recovered by any other means; or, the use of force other than deadly force to protect or recover the property would expose him or another to a substantial risk of death or serious bodily injury. (Nighttime is defined as the period 30 minutes after sunset until 30 minutes before sunrise.)”

Some ideas:

Dye packs. Grab a cheap backpack, load it up, and tomorrow look for the smurf.

Get a cheap ass toolbox that is big enough to hold about 75lbs of rusted metal that sounds like tools when clanking around being stolen, and a lock. Look for the guy with the hernia or crushed toes tomorrow.

Find a well sealed container that looks like it might hold something of value. Leave a nice batch of sun ripened fish guts in broth in there for 'em. Just make sure they have to work to open the container so that they take it home or to their job tp get into it, and so they don’t dump it on your truck.

Buy a couple of gallons of purple drank (or any other nasty sugar filled cool-aid like beverage you can find at most lower end grocery stores), pour out a quarter of it and replace the remainder with grain liqueur and laxatives. Leave it in a cooler on ice. Look for the guy puking, crapping, and trying to walk sideways in a few hours.

Analogy:

The thief is a pesky mosquito.

Your truck bed is a bug zapper.

You do the math.

P.S. this would have to be trigger remotely, you don’t want some random person accidentally bumping your truck and frying themselves.

I read an article a few years ago, where people were actually doing this in South Africa, to defend against carjacking(big problem there, apparently).