Events Prior to 1970

So, I have to make a presentation next week about something prior to 1970.

I have to have three topics by monday that I would consider presenting on. Personaly, I dont want to present on a war.

Anyone have any ideas of something cool I’d be able to present on?

By the way, I’m in a group with 4 other girls, and it obviously has to be appropriate, so, Pushharders first time wont work.

So far I have ideas such as woodstock, the great depression, the titanic, Jackie Robinson being the first AA baseball player, beginning of Yankees/red sox rivalry…

Any ideas?

Johnson’s “Great Society”

First man on the moon

Martin Luther King’s March on Washington

The Watts’ riots

The assassination of JFK

There are more, but these are the one’s off the top of my head.

1969 Apollo 11 moon landing

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
So, I have to make a presentation next week about something prior to 1970.

I have to have three topics by monday that I would consider presenting on. Personaly, I dont want to present on a war.

Anyone have any ideas of something cool I’d be able to present on?

By the way, I’m in a group with 4 other girls, and it obviously has to be appropriate, so, Pushharders first time wont work.

So far I have ideas such as woodstock, the great depression, the titanic, Jackie Robinson being the first AA baseball player, beginning of Yankees/red sox rivalry…

Any ideas?[/quote]

The West Virginia Coal Mine War in the early 1900’s

Tammany Hall

Japanese vivisection during the 1930’s

Founding of the Dallas Cowboys

Roswell UFO incident

OPEC

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:

By the way, I’m in a group with 4 other girls, and it obviously has to be appropriate,

Any ideas?[/quote]

4 other girls?

Events prior to 1970 – that’s pretty broad. The whole of human history prior to 1970?

Definitely the establishment of the Dallas Cowboys. The crushing defeat of the Cowboys by the Packers in the Ice Bowl.

[quote]duece wrote:
rrjc5488 wrote:

By the way, I’m in a group with 4 other girls, and it obviously has to be appropriate,

Any ideas?

4 other girls? [/quote]

He is VERY in touch with his feminine side. He won’t be sleeping with any of them or getting them to do his share of the project either.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
duece wrote:
rrjc5488 wrote:

Any ideas?

4 other girls?

He is VERY in touch with his feminine side. He won’t be sleeping with any of them or getting them to do his share of the project either.[/quote]

PGA will turn that into a grand slam! I wonder how he will weave Rockscar into the scenario?

The beginning of the Universe. Go with the Big Bang theory.

Or if you don’t want to go back that far, how about the rise and fall of the dinosaurs?

Okay, so you probably need something based on fact, and not theories; how about the Barbarians or Ancient Greeks?

I bet everyone else is going to go for something much more recent, but if the only rule is “before 1970”, then you might as well have fun with it and be different.

The Chicago 7 Trial. Woodstock vs Altamont. Kent State (The American Tienanmen Square). People’s Park in Berkley. 1964 Watts Riots.

Lenny Bruce

The Chicago 7

The Great Depression

1906 San Francisco Earthquake

Introduction of the ‘Pill’.

This might lead to a ‘discussion’ with one of the 4 ladies. :>

What is the class? How long is the presentation?

It may help narrow the field a bit as some subjects are more easily covered as overviews whereas others require more in depth analysis.

And don’t discount Push’s early years, it may give the girls some ideas… and while they’re out doing that you can get the project done the way you want it!

I’d argue that, according to your computer, nothing happened before midnight the morning of January 1, 1970. That’s the epoch of Unix time, which is how most operating systems on computers keep track of time, i.e. the number of seconds that have elapsed since that moment. It would certainly be an interesting presentation.

Why not do a presentation on the only Emperor that your country has ever had? The story of Emperor Norton is pretty damn interesting to say the least:

http://rotten.com/library/bio/royalty/america/emperor-norton/

Chuck Norris was born.

Do something on the Boston Tea Party. Nothing better than doing a presentation that a 2nd grader would normally do.

Really I think the idea behind the instructor picking 1970 is that they know you didn’t live through it. I would keep my focus on items from 1940-1970 so that you’ll be able to find info.

Ever thought of asking the 4 girls what to talk about- or were you hoping to show up with a huge list of killer ideas to wow the girls?

Women’s Suffrage