Even More Movies You've Watched This Week II

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]RATTLEHEAD wrote:

[quote]Big Kahuna wrote:
The 3:10 to Yuma remake was brilliant.[/quote]

That’s exactly why I’m hopeful for The Wolverine ;)[/quote]

The preview looks pretty good.

Edit: Also I think people are far to critical of comic book movies. I think I’ve liked every comic book movie since the early 2000s [with the one exception of Hulk w/what’s his nuts and Connolly (sp?)][/quote]

People tend to sway between overly critical to far too lenient on comic book movies, like giving utter drivel like Amazing Spiderman and Cpt. American passes but completely ball busting others like Man of Steel.

[quote]atypical1 wrote:
Watched “Never Let Me Go” the other night and was really impressed. Superficially it’s a somewhat typical love triangle movie in which girl A loves boy B but boy B ends up with girl C. But there’s a twist because of what they are destined for that adds a whole new dimension to it. The acting is also well above average and Carey Mulligan is especially believable in her role. Most certainly worth checking out.

I’m hesitant to talk to much about the plot because it’s more fun going in not necessarily knowing and it’s too easy to give it away.

james[/quote]

Don’t worry I know the twist, its fairly good.

[quote]RATTLEHEAD wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]RATTLEHEAD wrote:

[quote]Big Kahuna wrote:

Edit: Also I think people are far to critical of comic book movies. I think I’ve liked every comic book movie since the early 2000s [with the one exception of Hulk w/what’s his nuts and Connolly (sp?)][/quote]

People tend to sway between overly critical to far too lenient on comic book movies, like giving utter drivel like Amazing Spiderman and Cpt. American passes but completely ball busting others like Man of Steel.[/quote]

I suppose and I guess I fall under the lenient category. I enjoyed Captain America, Thor, and the Amazing Spiderman. I also liked all X-men movies even X-men Origins Wolverine. Hell I didn’t even think Superman Returns was THAT terrible. I’d watch it again…

[quote]stokes1989 wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]stokes1989 wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]stokes1989 wrote:
I watched the movie “snitch” the other day…i was suprising happy with the film…the rock is an interesting character in alot of his films[/quote]

Damn, I was torn between Snitch and Broken City. Went with Broken City and was disappointed :([/quote]

I watched part of that movie last week, it was really hard to get into, and I’m a big mark walberg fan (and russell crowe) It just didnt have the umf that you’d usually get from those guys films. But i would definitly recommend that you go and rent snitch, it was suprisingly good[/quote]

Ya, I donno it just could of been so much better. The entire plot line with his girlfried was boring and pointless. It was just filler I guess. The whole time I’m just waiting for the pace to quicken and it just didn’t happen.

I like Marki Mark and Crowe too, but their last couple of films haven’t been good imo. I didn’t like Contraband, it was boring. Ted was funny, I’ll give him that. Oh and the other guys was funny too. My favorite Walburg (sp?) movie is Shooter though. Just a straight shoot em up, which I’ll take everytime. The last movie I saw with Crowe in it was the one where his wife is convicted of murder when she’s innocent. The next 48 hours or something like that, again I thought it was boring. The last movie I liked with him in it was probable a Beautiful Mind. That was what 15 years ago?

I’ll grab Snitch this weekend. I’m also a huge fan of the Rock. Faster is my favorite film of his.

I’m seeing Superman too! Then I can finally read the superman thread… [/quote]

definately agree with you about shooter, that movie is soooo badass…and i believe the name of the russell crowe movie you’re talking about is the next 3 days, i like that one too…also have you seen pain and gain yet? since we’re talking about mark walburg and the rock, that movie was funny as shit[/quote]

I have to disagree about Pain and Gain. That movie was painfully unfunny. It was mesmerizing to watch, because everything that happened was so awful and shitty that you can’t believe that it’s based on a true story. But it is not funny, not at all. I came away from that movie hating every single character in it, including The Rock’s (and that’s really hard to do because he is my favorite actor).

So yeah, if a movie where every character is an unlikeable piece of shit is funny, then Pain and Gain was a riot.

As far as other good Russell Crowe movies since A Beautiful Mind:

American Gangster
Master and Commander
Cinderella Man
State of Play
Body of Lies (though he’s in more of a supporting role to DiCaprio here)

The Next 3 Days was also good, but these are better.

This is relevant because The Rock is awesome.

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]RATTLEHEAD wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]RATTLEHEAD wrote:

[quote]Big Kahuna wrote:

People tend to sway between overly critical to far too lenient on comic book movies, like giving utter drivel like Amazing Spiderman and Cpt. American passes but completely ball busting others like Man of Steel.[/quote]

I suppose and I guess I fall under the lenient category. I enjoyed Captain America, Thor, and the Amazing Spiderman. I also liked all X-men movies even X-men Origins Wolverine. Hell I didn’t even think Superman Returns was THAT terrible. I’d watch it again… [/quote]

That’s totally fine though! haha

I didn’t really explain what I meant very well, I was meaning that people tend to be both critical for some (man of steel) and lenient on others (cpt america) so its good that you are lenient with all, rather than only some!

The only comic book movie I truly loathed was Amazing Spiderman, it was just wrong.

I’m still laughing at that John Goodman gif lol

[quote]RATTLEHEAD wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]RATTLEHEAD wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]RATTLEHEAD wrote:

[quote]Big Kahuna wrote:

I suppose and I guess I fall under the lenient category. I enjoyed Captain America, Thor, and the Amazing Spiderman. I also liked all X-men movies even X-men Origins Wolverine. Hell I didn’t even think Superman Returns was THAT terrible. I’d watch it again… [/quote]

I didn’t really explain what I meant very well, I was meaning that people tend to be both critical for some (man of steel) and lenient on others (cpt america) so its good that you are lenient with all, rather than only some!

The only comic book movie I truly loathed was Amazing Spiderman, it was just wrong.[/quote]

Ya I got ya. It’s the whole DC > Marvel crap. Bring it all on I say!

Now when you say Amazing Spiderman are you talking about the new one?

I liked it too…

two good movies I saw this weekend.

“Unknown” and “Identity”.

Both @ Netflix. Both make you think a little, which is the only type of movies I enjoy.

Solid movies!

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]RATTLEHEAD wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]RATTLEHEAD wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]RATTLEHEAD wrote:

[quote]Big Kahuna wrote:

The only comic book movie I truly loathed was Amazing Spiderman, it was just wrong.[/quote]

I liked it too…[/quote]

Yeah the new one…we can’t be friends anymore dude.

Nah but seriously the movie just completely fell flat on its face, shouldnt of tried to be dark and gritty and it didn’t establish any emotional connection to the audience.

We can’t all be perfect, I like Hulk lol.

[quote]RATTLEHEAD wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]RATTLEHEAD wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]RATTLEHEAD wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]RATTLEHEAD wrote:

[quote]Big Kahuna wrote:

I liked it too…[/quote]

Nah but seriously the movie just completely fell flat on its face, shouldnt of tried to be dark and gritty and it didn’t establish any emotional connection to the audience.

We can’t all be perfect, I like Hulk lol.[/quote]

Ya I can see that, I gotta thing for Gwen Stacey though so…

Worth the read if you are a movie fan

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]RATTLEHEAD wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]RATTLEHEAD wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]RATTLEHEAD wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]RATTLEHEAD wrote:

[quote]Big Kahuna wrote:

I liked it too…[/quote]

Ya I can see that, I gotta thing for Gwen Stacey though so…[/quote]

Fair play, the Sam Raimi movies hold a special place in my heart which obv makes me biased.

Going through puberty was the perfect time to watch the first one.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

Worth the read if you are a movie fan[/quote]

Makes sense to me. I will never pay more than $15 per ticket.

This is also why I think console/PC gaming isn’t at risk at all (like some have said). I think a lot of Hollywood talent will move into this much more interactive platform. Bang for buck is just greater imo.

Also Hollywood better get use to the idea of making less money because no one is gonna pay $50 a ticket to see a 2 hour movie, no one.

[quote]RATTLEHEAD wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]RATTLEHEAD wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]RATTLEHEAD wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]RATTLEHEAD wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]RATTLEHEAD wrote:

[quote]Big Kahuna wrote:

I liked it too…[/quote]

Ya I can see that, I gotta thing for Gwen Stacey though so…[/quote]

Fair play, the Sam Raimi movies hold a special place in my heart which obv makes me biased.

Going through puberty was the perfect time to watch the first one.
[/quote]

HA, aint that the truth.

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

This is also why I think console/PC gaming isn’t at risk at all (like some have said). I think a lot of Hollywood talent will move into this much more interactive platform. Bang for buck is just greater imo.

Also Hollywood better get use to the idea of making less money because no one is gonna pay $50 a ticket to see a 2 hour movie, no one. [/quote]
The foreign market aspect while I knew just never clicked until I read this.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

Also Hollywood better get use to the idea of making less money because no one is gonna pay $50 a ticket to see a 2 hour movie, no one. [/quote]
The foreign market aspect while I knew just never clicked until I read this.[/quote]

Absolutely. Why pander to 300 million potential customers when you can hit up 1.3 billion?

[quote]Steel Nation wrote:

This is relevant because The Rock is awesome.[/quote]

“If the Rock were an actual superhero, his power would be acting in movies, and his archnemesis would be Nicolas Cage.”

too funny

Hypothetical:

USA: 300,000,000 population (close enough)
.1% see a movie @ $15 = $4.5 Million in Gross Sales

China: 1,300,000,000 pop
.1% see a movie @ $15 = $19.5 Million Gross Sales

[quote]Steel Nation wrote:

[quote]stokes1989 wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]stokes1989 wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]stokes1989 wrote:
I watched the movie “snitch” the other day…i was suprising happy with the film…the rock is an interesting character in alot of his films[/quote]

Damn, I was torn between Snitch and Broken City. Went with Broken City and was disappointed :([/quote]

I watched part of that movie last week, it was really hard to get into, and I’m a big mark walberg fan (and russell crowe) It just didnt have the umf that you’d usually get from those guys films. But i would definitly recommend that you go and rent snitch, it was suprisingly good[/quote]

Ya, I donno it just could of been so much better. The entire plot line with his girlfried was boring and pointless. It was just filler I guess. The whole time I’m just waiting for the pace to quicken and it just didn’t happen.

I like Marki Mark and Crowe too, but their last couple of films haven’t been good imo. I didn’t like Contraband, it was boring. Ted was funny, I’ll give him that. Oh and the other guys was funny too. My favorite Walburg (sp?) movie is Shooter though. Just a straight shoot em up, which I’ll take everytime. The last movie I saw with Crowe in it was the one where his wife is convicted of murder when she’s innocent. The next 48 hours or something like that, again I thought it was boring. The last movie I liked with him in it was probable a Beautiful Mind. That was what 15 years ago?

I’ll grab Snitch this weekend. I’m also a huge fan of the Rock. Faster is my favorite film of his.

I’m seeing Superman too! Then I can finally read the superman thread… [/quote]

definately agree with you about shooter, that movie is soooo badass…and i believe the name of the russell crowe movie you’re talking about is the next 3 days, i like that one too…also have you seen pain and gain yet? since we’re talking about mark walburg and the rock, that movie was funny as shit[/quote]

I have to disagree about Pain and Gain. That movie was painfully unfunny. It was mesmerizing to watch, because everything that happened was so awful and shitty that you can’t believe that it’s based on a true story. But it is not funny, not at all. I came away from that movie hating every single character in it, including The Rock’s (and that’s really hard to do because he is my favorite actor).

So yeah, if a movie where every character is an unlikeable piece of shit is funny, then Pain and Gain was a riot.

As far as other good Russell Crowe movies since A Beautiful Mind:

American Gangster
Master and Commander
Cinderella Man
State of Play
Body of Lies (though he’s in more of a supporting role to DiCaprio here)

The Next 3 Days was also good, but these are better.[/quote]

AMERICAN GANGSTER AND MASTER AND COMMANDER WERE AMAZING MOVIES