Evan Centopani's Progress

Just insane. I think compton will still beat him though.

if the contests were won according to 1 week out pictures, dennis james would have won 60 pro contests :slight_smile:

he looks really good but i will wait until i see him next to others.

Damn, he’s gained a metric shitton of mass. But he has bad genetics for pecs… you can easily see it in the picture. Cool guy though.

Saw this pic the other other day and these were my thoughts:

1- Holy Sh-t! Evan loves the sport, and he always gives his all, and damn it shows! He’s still making gains, and certainly has the tools to step up to being one of the top dogs if he keeps going.

2- I like Evan, but he always looks really really amazing a few weeks out of a big show. Not to count him out, but there are his past performances to consider.

3- Oh yeah! The Arnold is coming up shortly -lol

S

I just saw the payouts for placings and 1st place open compared to first place 212 is a $108 thousand difference?! What the fuck kind of bullshit is that?

[quote]eatliftsleep wrote:
I just saw the payouts for placings and 1st place open compared to first place 212 is a $108 thousand difference?! What the fuck kind of bullshit is that?[/quote]

All comes down to public (fans of the sport of course) interest, and marketability I suppose.

I’m a huge fan of Flex Lewis, Corea, Dugdale etc, but how many casual fans of the sport can name more than one, if that, 212 competitor?

S

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:

I just saw the payouts for placings and 1st place open compared to first place 212 is a $108 thousand difference?! What the fuck kind of bullshit is that?[/quote]

All comes down to public (fans of the sport of course) interest, and marketability I suppose.

I’m a huge fan of Flex Lewis, Corea, Dugdale etc, but how many casual fans of the sport can name more than one, if that, 212 competitor?

S[/quote]

Very true. But damn only 22k for 1st in 212 and 130k for open. I just wasnt expecting such a difference.

Hey, Female BBers used to (still do?) make crap compared to the guys. Why? Because despite them working just as hard, not many fans seem to really care. It sounds mean, but $ makes the world go round, especially in sports and entertainment arenas.

S

Hey, Female BBers used to (still do?) make crap compared to the guys. Why? Because despite them working just as hard, not many fans seem to really care. It sounds mean, but $ makes the world go round, especially in sports and entertainment arenas.

S[/quote]

Do you think if the arms race for just pure mass recedes, this will become less true? I’m thinking of boxing as a comparison, where Floyd Mayweather can bring in more than the heavyweights because it’s about more than just seeing the biggest guys fight.

anyone know the times of the bodybuilding events? 212 and pro??

Was expecting more from evan. think branch has this one.

I was discussing the final outcome with someone the other day, and he was a little baffled at how Dex and Branch, looking so different can place 1st and 2nd.

I rationalized that it was Apple and Oranges (I used the same example to discuss Julianna Malacarne and Dana Bailey’s placings as well). Some judges will go for one look, while others will go for the other. THere was an old article I read years ago by a seasoned judge, who explained that while it’s posible to favor either size, or condtioning slightly over the other, you should weigh if the amount of one, truly outweighs the amount of the other - this is when comparing an ‘apple’ with an ‘orange’.

Of course, the one year Branch took 2nd to Cutler at the Olympia, the best explanation by John Romano, was that if the criteria used to give Jay the win was adhered to for everyone else in the line up, then no one else BUT Branch could have believably placed 2nd (even though there were a good number of competitors who overall looked better to most onlookers).

One thing that stood out to me upon looing over photos, is just how impressive Justin Compton was. I’m sure there were plenty of folks who would have had no issues if he edged Dex (great shape and balance) or Branch (great conditioning), or both.

Evan,… well, I like Ev, but this is kind of what I was thinking would happen. In the lineup, he actually looked kinda thick in the mid-section, which is always going to be an issue with his structure.

S

I was discussing the final outcome with someone the other day, and he was a little baffled at how Dex and Branch, looking so different can place 1st and 2nd.

I rationalized that it was Apple and Oranges (I used the same example to discuss Julianna Malacarne and Dana Bailey’s placings as well). Some judges will go for one look, while others will go for the other. THere was an old article I read years ago by a seasoned judge, who explained that while it’s posible to favor either size, or condtioning slightly over the other, you should weigh if the amount of one, truly outweighs the amount of the other - this is when comparing an ‘apple’ with an ‘orange’.

Of course, the one year Branch took 2nd to Cutler at the Olympia, the best explanation by John Romano, was that if the criteria used to give Jay the win was adhered to for everyone else in the line up, then no one else BUT Branch could have believably placed 2nd (even though there were a good number of competitors who overall looked better to most onlookers).

One thing that stood out to me upon looing over photos, is just how impressive Justin Compton was. I’m sure there were plenty of folks who would have had no issues if he edged Dex (great shape and balance) or Branch (great conditioning), or both.

Evan,… well, I like Ev, but this is kind of what I was thinking would happen. In the lineup, he actually looked kinda thick in the mid-section, which is always going to be an issue with his structure.

S[/quote]

Totally agree but branch looks blocky as hell. Way more than evan in my opinion. Evans conditioning could have been better. Compton looked great. Why was he listed as 224lbs? Theres no way in hell thats accurate. Branch was most improved for sure but i prefer dexters physique to branchs. Branchs hamstrings were looking insane. But to me, his body just looks tired and worn. I think the judges did a pretty good job but i watched online so its hard to really tell.

I’m so disgusted with today’s bodybuilding’s judging criteria. Branch Warren looks like a bag of potatoes yet gets 2nd place, while a perfect Cedric McMillan gets 4th?

Marius Dohne looked impressive to me.

If cederic would come in with better conditioning i think he would do a lot better.

If cederic would come in with better conditioning i think he would do a lot better.[/quote]

his back double biceps pose is one of the best in the business in my opinion.

Yeah i mean i was able to only watch on my computer and havent seen any pics yet but it seems like the judges were going after blockiness and vascularity at this show lol. That goes for 212 as well.

If cederic would come in with better conditioning i think he would do a lot better.[/quote]

I find myself thinking this too. For some reason, he just doesn’t get that nasty, grainy look some others do. Imagine if he did though. With his structure that would just be insane looking.

S