Evan Centopani Interview

[quote]Professor X wrote:
adamhum wrote:
What do your arms measure while cold Professor?

I try to avoid measuring them lately. I haven’t done so in about a year. [/quote]

Is that because you have been more focused on recomp? I have to tell you, measuring your arms going down sucks!!!

[quote]D Public wrote:
CC, I found a vid of him training legs in the offseason…Looks like he does use straight sets…and there are some more vids of him training in “trenches section”…

mdtv.musculardevelopment.com/content/category/30/194/204/

the only reason i could think of for using straight sets is that he would have to use a lot of weight for his top set if he ramped…and maybe he just isn’t willing to get under that much weight…but idk…he’s definitely the exception from all the vids i’ve seen…

[/quote]

he doesnt train to failure on each set either. you can gauge that from the speed of his second to last rep to his last rep, theyre about the same. when i train to failure esp on squats my last rep takes about 10 seconds to complete. im moving fractions of an inch at a time and my head does what Arnold’s did in whatever that Mars movie was (see if i didnt lose so many brain cells from training that way i would be able to remember the name of the movie)

and the guy with the “get big or die” shirt squatted the deepest out of any of them.

[quote]DJS wrote:
Professor X wrote:
adamhum wrote:
What do your arms measure while cold Professor?

I try to avoid measuring them lately. I haven’t done so in about a year.

Is that because you have been more focused on recomp? I have to tell you, measuring your arms going down sucks!!! [/quote]

Actually, I am sure they are bigger right now. I just don’t want to know the measurement. I’ve been working on holding the peak contraction much more and I have noticed a difference. I haven’t dropped any weight yet so I know they haven’t dropped in size. The peak does look better if for no other reason than I finally figured out how to train around that minor injury I had.

I wish I would have figured this out years back.

I’m so disappointed in these pro’s… THAT’s his off-season breakfast? 6 eggs and some bread… that’s nothing, lol.

[quote]Mr.Purple wrote:
I’m so disappointed in these pro’s… THAT’s his off-season breakfast? 6 eggs and some bread… that’s nothing, lol.[/quote]

Jay Cutler eats every two hours from what I’ve read. When eating is your job all day, you can get in smaller meals. Most of us aren’t eating 10 meals a day (counting protein shakes).

I am not sure how often he eats but that might explain it. You don’t get that damn big by skimping on calories.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Mr.Purple wrote:
I’m so disappointed in these pro’s… THAT’s his off-season breakfast? 6 eggs and some bread… that’s nothing, lol.

Jay Cutler eats every two hours from what I’ve read. When eating is your job all day, you can get in smaller meals. Most of us aren’t eating 10 meals a day (counting protein shakes).

I am not sure how often he eats but that might explain it. You don’t get that damn big by skimping on calories.[/quote]

Maybe he was a little shy with the portions because he was on camera. Still, I could easily eat that breakfast and have a steak two hours later. And I weigh 187 lbs :slight_smile:

[quote]Mr.Purple wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Mr.Purple wrote:

I am not sure how often he eats but that might explain it. You don’t get that damn big by skimping on calories.

Maybe he was a little shy with the portions because he was on camera. Still, I could easily eat that breakfast and have a steak two hours later. And I weigh 187 lbs :)[/quote]

Mike Charles (or whatever his name was) said he ate one meal a day and we all know you don’t hit 300lbs by doing that unless your metabolism is slow as hell.

I wouldn’t take everyone’s video as an outline of what they really do. The pros know everyone is watching their vids looking for how they really train. You can bet someone at that level is leaving key items out on purpose to avoid people trying to take from it.

Ronnie Coleman is the only one I can think that consistently showed exactly what he was eating for about 4-5 meals a day. He was going through POUNDS of chicken, entire giant bowls filled with eggs, grits and cheese along with several trips to the Black Eyed Pea restaurant. I would think that is closer to reality.

I liked the food preparation videos. How many days does the chicken stay good for in the fridge once cooked?

Cheesy grits! One of my favorites. I hit up this chicken and waffles joint every now and then. The lady cook always gives me shit about those and greens, “Son, 'ta hell you know about some cheesy grits?” Rotisserie chicken so good I will make you slap yo momma! If I could walk I would go there right now.

[quote]sam_sneed wrote:
I liked the food preparation videos. How many days does the chicken stay good for in the fridge once cooked?[/quote]

I precook chicken for my week on the weekend. I find once I eat my last one it is still good 5 days after when you cook it.

I think that chicken was drizzled with mac nut oil and smeared with about 1 tbsp of dijon mustard per breast.

Am I right?

[quote]PonceDeLeon wrote:
I think that chicken was drizzled with mac nut oil and smeared with about 1 tbsp of dijon mustard per breast.

Am I right?[/quote]

yup exactly. He has said several times he has 3 shakes and 3 meals a day, but what people are missing is he is EXTREMELY liberal with his application of oil, I would guess he gets around 1500 cals if not more from oil.

3 tbsps per shake so thats 1k right there and that’s not even counting what he puts on his food. In the vid he pours it all on his potatoes, sweet potatoes, chicken and steak.

waylander:

Damnit, I was going to make you look foolish by saying that 3 tbsp of oil is 360 calories, but then realized that Evan has this in 3 shakes, hence “1k right there.”

Damnit. I need sleep.

I want to see a Brandon Curry interview like that one, particular about meal prep. I love watching pros’ meal preps.