Evan Centopani a Few Weeks from NY Pro

this is the only pic they posted over at MD but DAMN dood looks like he’s going to do some major damage.

He seems like a cool dood, very humble, and very knowledgable as well.

Polumbo was helping him before. He is surrounded by people who have been at this for several years before him.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Polumbo was helping him before. He is surrounded by people who have been at this for several years before him.[/quote]

he dropped palumbo and I heard he is with kais man oscar…

I know what you mean tho, and he seems to really enjoy everything about bodybuilding as well which some people seem to lack. I’m certain most if not all pros have a passion for this sport, but I think you can still seperate some from the rest of the pack, esp some of the young guys coming up like him. That drive I guess seperates the ‘new pro’ to ‘pro champ’ lol

So many newer guys are showing up with absolutely huge arms. I’m a fan.

But imagine how bad he looks in the offseason :wink:

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
So many newer guys are showing up with absolutely huge arms. I’m a fan.

But imagine how bad he looks in the offseason ;)[/quote]

hahaha lol yea you know they only look good for a day and then COMPLETE SHT JUST FAT COMPLETE SHT…lol jk

I think the heaviest he got was like 315 this past off season and is planning on competing 260-270ish. He’s around my height 6’ so hes a big dood.

He won the 07 Nationals and im doesn’t have too many laggin bodyparts and has massive arms/calves. Good structure and aesthetics too. He’s one of the new ‘young bbers’ that has everybody all giddy lol (heath, curry, evan, etc)

Dude looks ungodly. I think I’ve seen pics of him before with some out of this world stretch marks… He is a beast. What’s his height/weight?

[quote]LilDaDDyDreW wrote:
Dude looks ungodly. I think I’ve seen pics of him before with some out of this world stretch marks… He is a beast. What’s his height/weight?[/quote]

He’s covered in stretch marks. I can’t say much because so am I, but he has them from his arm pits to his hamstrings.

Yeah they are a side effect of getting huge but they seem to have faded for him with the pic posted. Wonder if he got them laser removed or what. I’m not that big right now around 215 and i’ve gotten some dirrrty stretch marks on bi’s/chest. Then I see dudes bigger than me with none… Wonder why that is? I’ve used Cocoa Butter and even expensive ass Mederma. Seems like there is no stopping em.

[quote]LilDaDDyDreW wrote:
Yeah they are a side effect of getting huge but they seem to have faded for him with the pic posted. Wonder if he got them laser removed or what. I’m not that big right now around 215 and i’ve gotten some dirrrty stretch marks on bi’s/chest. Then I see dudes bigger than me with none… Wonder why that is? I’ve used Cocoa Butter and even expensive ass Mederma. Seems like there is no stopping em.

[/quote]

It’s just how your skin is built. Mine have crept from my chest/pits down my arms and onto my forearms. They’re on every body part.
I’ve given up.

Great Post Gerdy, Im actually planning to attend the NY Pro mainly to see Evan in person lol, he def is one of the young up and comers… Anyone know where I could find the NY Pro competitor line-up?.. cant seem to find it anywhere…

I’m seriously considering buying TIX for the NY PRO. Its about a 30min train ride away for me. I just haven’t found someone that wants to tag along. Evan’s the man.

[quote]Dirty Gerdy wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Polumbo was helping him before. He is surrounded by people who have been at this for several years before him.

he dropped palumbo and I heard he is with kais man oscar…

I know what you mean tho, and he seems to really enjoy everything about bodybuilding as well which some people seem to lack. I’m certain most if not all pros have a passion for this sport, but I think you can still seperate some from the rest of the pack, esp some of the young guys coming up like him. That drive I guess seperates the ‘new pro’ to ‘pro champ’ lol[/quote]

True that Gerd! Man seems lime Palumbo is just going the way of the dodo after Blechman gave him and Romano the proverbial cock. Only good can come when you’re in that kind of enviornment and when he’s not pimped out by a mean pimp of a supplement company that wants him to be HUGE so they can call him The Anomaly or something. Plus Centopani was a FFB. He knows the struggle! So hes even more a favorite of mine.

Big fuckin’ boy!!

Fuck yeah, never heard of him but wow! and competing at 260-270, people are just getting bigger and bigger. Anyone know anyone else coming up in the ranks besides (brewer, curry, this guy?)

Side note: Gerdy - didnt know where to post this but was wondering - whats your plans for the next 6-12 months? You going to compete against in the near future or take sometime off and bring it in a couple of years?

His arms are definitely looking much bigger since the last I saw him but he needs more traps!

And like Gerdy was saying, seems like a very likeable guy.

[quote]pro-a-ggression wrote:
Fuck yeah, never heard of him but wow! and competing at 260-270, people are just getting bigger and bigger. Anyone know anyone else coming up in the ranks besides (brewer, curry, this guy?)

Side note: Gerdy - didnt know where to post this but was wondering - whats your plans for the next 6-12 months? You going to compete against in the near future or take sometime off and bring it in a couple of years?[/quote]

He won the 07 nationals and took last year off to make some good improvements. He’s 6’ tall so that explains the really heavy weight…not that 6’ 270 on stage is lanky or anything haha :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m taking some time off, plans are to compete at the NPC California Championships in May 2010 and qualify for Nationals which are in November. Goal is to get to the Natl stage where I will stand among several others hoping for a pro card :slight_smile:

I’m sitting 230’s at maybe 7% bf or so…I could probably compete in 2 weeks if I wanted to. I don’t get fat in the off season, just my genetic makeup. I plan to hit 250 before prepping for my next show and competing in the 240’s at least.

So although the Cal is my next projected show, if for some reason I don’t reach my goals for 5 years, then I guess I’m not competing for that long lol

Trey Brewer, Stephen Kuclo, Mark Alvisi, Ed Nunn, Brandon Curry, Mike Libertore, Brendan Ray, are all some up and comers. Look up the NPC USA and NPC Nationals contests over at Musculardevelopment.com and you can see the top amateurs as those are the biggest NPC amateur contests as well as two contests that hand out pro cards.

His physique reminds me a lot of Dennis Newman in his prime. Evan doesn’t have the same maturity yet, but his look is similar.

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:
His arms are definitely looking much bigger since the last I saw him but he needs more traps!
.[/quote]

In all fairness, this pose de-emphasize the traps by stretching them to create the illusion of more shoulder width.

[quote]Christian Thibaudeau wrote:
His physique reminds me a lot of Dennis Newman in his prime. Evan doesn’t have the same maturity yet, but his look is similar.[/quote]

after looking at pics I definitely agree. I think that maturity your talking about will come with time. I think Evan is only mid 20’s.

I know its a trade off between the extremes (flexed traps in most muscular and depressed traps in front lat spread) - I put up pics of dante doing this pose next to his front lat spread in another thread - but I’d expect to see “some” traps showing here. His look almost as flat as tho he was spreading his scapulae - probably the angle.

[quote]Christian Thibaudeau wrote:
LankyMofo wrote:

In all fairness, this pose de-emphasize the traps by stretching them to create the illusion of more shoulder width.[/quote]