Evaluating recovery

Hi CT,

I always remember this principle: The more work I do without exceeding my recovery capacity the more I will progress.

So my question is how can I evaluate my recovery ?

To be clear I’m not worried about overtraining at all. Just wanna be sure that I’m pushing myself the hardest I can. Which I find to be pretty hard to evaluate when training alone in a comercial gym.

Thanks!

[quote]heltonvalentini wrote:
Hi CT,

I always remember this principle: The more work I do without exceeding my recovery capacity the more I will progress.

So my question is how can I evaluate my recovery ?

To be clear I’m not worried about overtraining at all. Just wanna be sure that I’m pushing myself the hardest I can. Which I find to be pretty hard to evaluate when training alone in a comercial gym.

Thanks![/quote]

A simple tip would be to buy a hand strength dynamometer. There is a strong correlation between grip strength and the working state of the nervous system. You can measure grip strength first thing upon waking up and if you notice a drop then it means the nervous system is fatigued. Depending on the magnitude of the drop it can mean either reducing the amount of work you are doing, dropping high intensity work until it goes back up or taking a day without lifting (maybe doing some neural charge stuff).

Thanks CT.