Evaluate My Squat Technique

Hey guys please evaluate my technique. This is a 5x7. I know I have to get my feet to stop dancing around and get my back a bit tighter. Any other input would be appreciated.

Also, is this depth powerlifting worthy?

You’ve already called out your two biggest issues.

Damn forgot about iPhone mechanics. Here’s a side shot.

Rotated.

Hara said it right. You know your shit. Depth is great. Good job pushing your knees out. i see a slight back rounding at the bottom but it’s ok.

keep you chest up. with your squatting style having a high bar placement makes it harder to have an upright torso and as the weights get heavier or the workout gets intense, the likelihood of you getting into a handcuff position is high.

The guy in the background on the side view knows how to squat :wink:

[quote]ibnmahama wrote:
keep you chest up. with your squatting style having a high bar placement makes it harder to have an upright torso and as the weights get heavier or the workout gets intense, the likelihood of you getting into a handcuff position is high. [/quote]

Thanks man. Lowered the bar down my traps a bit and it helped keep my chest up, though crazy uncomfortable since I’m not used to it. But who said squatting should be comfortable.

yeah it’s pretty uncomfortable, but once you get use to the bar position things should get better. I switched from high bar to low bar 3 months ago