Evaluate My Routine

Hey guys. Been a long time lurker here on T Nation. Now let me tell you my story. I started working out in beginning of 2015, I didnt have a proper routine but I focoused on lifts like Bench Press, Squat, Deadlifts, Barbell Overhead Press and Rows. However I didnt watch my diet so i end up stalling and make no progress after a few months. September came and along with it some problems came aswell and I had to quit lifting, last April I came back and this time I’m gonna do everything right, diet is fixed now and I was using a Upper/Lower Body Split only 3x a week but let me tell you guys I love to workout, I could literally go workout every single day I just love it so I’m thinking in doing a Push/Pull/Leg workout.

Here’s what I was doing:

Monday - Upper

Bench Press 3 Sets 5/6/8 Reps
Bent Over Rows 3 Sets 6 to 8
Incline Dumbell Bench Press 3 Sets 8 to 10 Reps
Lat Pulldown / Chinups 3 Sets 8 to 10 Reps
Close Grip Bench Press 3 Sets 8 to 12 Reps
Barbell Bicep Curl 3 Sets 8 to 12 Reps
Lateral Raises 3 Sets 8 to 12 Reps

Tuesday - Lower

Squat / Deadlift (alternated each week) 3 Sets 5/6/8
Leg Extensions 3 Sets 8 to 12
Leg Curls 3 Sets 8 to 12
Calf Raises 4 Sets 6 to 8

Thursday - Upper

Flat Dumbell Press 3 Sets 8 to 10
Latpulldown / Pullups 3 Sets 8 to 10
Barbell Overhead Press 3 Sets 8 to 10
Bent Over Rows 3 Sets 8 to 10
Chest Flies 3 Sets of 10 to 15
Skullcrushers 3 Sets of 10 to 15
Preacher Curls 3 Sets of 10 to 15
Facepulls 3 Sets 10 to 12

Friday - Lower
Leg Press 3 Sets 8 to 12
Romanian Deadlift 3 Sets 8 to 12
Leg Extensions 3 Sets 12 to 15
Leg Curls 3 Sets 12 to 15
Seated Calf Raise 4 Sets 8 to 12

First of all what you think of this routine and how could I make it a proper push pull leg workout?

In case ur wondering I’m 5’10, 155lbs and 10-12% bodyfat ( Got the 4 upper abs very visible and the lower 2 are not bcuz of that stubborn fat overall body look is very lean) and before I workout last year I had played several years of Football. I’m 20 years old.

If you’re 5’10 ant 155 now, what was your weight when you started this routine? And you said last April, so this is the routine you’ve been following for the past 13 months, correct?

No mate, this is the routine from April this year. Last year I didnt realy had a routine but as I said I always did thoise compounds I said in the beginning. It was most likely full body workouts.

When I started working out I was 65kg so thats 143lbs.

Sorry, the timeline is getting confusing here. I’m trying to evaluate the effectiveness of your routine based on the results, but if you’ve only been using it for a month there really isn’t anything to go off of.

If you love to workout and could do it everyday, I would personally follow the 5/3/1 “Building the Monolith” template. You get to train 6 days a week and it’s a total asskicker that’ll put on some great size and strength.

Thats too extreme dont you think?

If I did, I would not have made the recommendation.

But if you feel it is, I wouldn’t do it.

1 Like

Should I stick to this routine or do a push pull leg?

Re read what he said. Very easy.

If you don’t follow the programs they listed I’d put more volume on your main lifts. And try to eat some more