Evaluate My Routine

Dude, thousands of trainees have had success with madcows 5x5 (including myself) EXACTLY AS LAID OUT.

At 167 and the lift numbers you have, do you REALLY think you know more than Bill Starr, who has made a bagillion fuckers strong as hell with his methods. Do you really think you are smarter and have been more successful. He’s done all the experimenting and failing. All you have to do is follow it and fucking succeed. Its really that fucking simple. Nobody needs to convince you. For all anyone cares you can shit away the next 5 years at the same size doing the same shitass routine with the relative same weight. Nobody fucking cares. You have been given the tools to succeed. Take it or leave it.

And I know you are not knowledgeable by you cluster fuck training program. Go read the full madcow page. Read about progressive overload, dual factor theory, undulating periodization, linear progression…anything…ALL THE TRAINING THEORY IS THERE. SO DONT FUCK IT UP.

(And all of the training theories I mentioned are unnecessary for you at this stage…stick to madcow’s linear progression).

PAY ATTENTION TO THIS:

JUST BECAUSE A BIG, ADVANCED TRAINEE DOES SOMETHING DOESN’T MEAN IT WILL WORK FOR YOU. THAT GUY, BY THE NATURE OF BEING BIG, HAS DONE HAS EXHAUSTED ALL THE AVENUES WHERE ITS THE EASIEST TO MAKE GAINS

Weight training programs are most effective for the level of trainee they are designed for.

DC=guys with lots of hours under the bar.

5x5=one of the most efficient ways for relatively new trainees to take advantage of what will be his fastest years of growth.

Dude, Swole, no offense man, but that’s kind of unnecessary. The guy has conceded the fact that he doesn’t know everything, and I believe up towards the top of the page he says that he just wanted to ask a question. No need to be a dick.

Dan, same goes for you. He already conceded that his routine should change.

Anyways, newbie, here it is man. Go to the website, read it, and do what it says. If the training calls for a M/W/F split, then do that. The only customizing I think you can do is changing the days of the week, for example to T/Th/Sat. But nothing else.

I’ve never actually done the 5x5 before, so I can’t really tell you about the “assistance exercises”. Can anyone else intelligently and in a constructive manner help this guy out? At least to me, it looks like he wants to know whether the assistance exercises suffice. I looked at them, and the Squat/deadlift/bench/(incline or military)/row looks fine, but I’m not sure about the assistance.

Edit: Sorry if that came off as rude. I like you guys, but no need to be so harsh once he concedes the point.

[quote]newbie11 wrote:
I know. I don’t wan to customize. That’s why I was making sure. Was that link you gave me Madcow or no?[/quote]

It’s Madcow. I remember this very same link almost 2 yrs ago when I first started it.

Good luck and beat the Big 3 lifts every chance you got!

I understand your point Tico, but if you knew the amount of newbs who get set on DC just because they see big guys getting bigger on it you would understand where I was coming from.

This guy is being very typical, all he needs explained is that DC is too advanced for him and 5x5 would provide a very good basic progressive training template for him that has a very proven track record. I myself just finished an 8 week run with it and put some solid gains on my bench, squat, military, and dead.

But this guy really just wants too convince us he’s ready for DC. This happens all the time at IM. And its proven by him saying “You might not think I’m intense or know the lifts well enough blah blah blah…but I beg to differ”

It comes down to people hoping for a response and being dissapointed they dont get it.

And his program as is, is very clusterfucked. He knows he’s not knowledgable yet he wont do the reading that made all these guys knowledgeable. He claims he read about DC, but unless he’s been to IM and go through every sticky and searched for answers to questions he has, then he certainly hasn’t done the reading for DC. And if he’d done all that he’d know guys like him are not ready for the program and are absolutely not wanted, by Dante himself, to do the program yet.

I see Swole. My bad, like I said, I didn’t mean to come off that way. Anyways, anyone know what happened to the 5x5 website? I wanted to visit it, to check out some facts on it, but it seems to be down.