Europa Florida Show

www.musculardevelopment.com/browse/index.php?mode=contest&eventcode=1315

did ANYBODY decide to look good for this show.

I have Troy Alves winning it and to be honest I’m somewhat dissapointed in the turnout and the condition of many of the guys =S

Sergey Shelestov looked great in the vid on MD but it didn’t seem to transfer to the stage. I have never seen what everybody else sees in Hide and Dareem looks the same and imo maybe in worse condition than normal.

Thoughts?

idk, you see pics of a lot of these guys a week or so before the show, they look full, shredded, vascular - then on stage they look poor, but bronze-colored. ill never get why they go for that on-stage look, instead of just shooting for the 1 week prior look, but i guess thats just my personal preference on what kind of physique looks good.

for example, someone here has an avatar of toney freeman that i belive was a few weeks before his last show, he looks amazing, every muscle popping, especially chest and arms. but then on stage, he just didnt look the same.

[quote]hypnotoad wrote:
idk, you see pics of a lot of these guys a week or so before the show, they look full, shredded, vascular - then on stage they look poor, but bronze-colored. ill never get why they go for that on-stage look, instead of just shooting for the 1 week prior look, but i guess thats just my personal preference on what kind of physique looks good.

for example, someone here has an avatar of toney freeman that i belive was a few weeks before his last show, he looks amazing, every muscle popping, especially chest and arms. but then on stage, he just didnt look the same.[/quote]

O hai there :wink:

<----------------

I felt the same way DG. No one looked “amazing”. I seen pics of Troy about 2-3 weeks out and thought he looked better than last night. I guess that happens all too often. I’m also not a big fan of any of their physiques too much. I’m going with Hide for the win!

I also first thought, after looking at the photos that the lighting at the show was terrible. I felt it was blowing out the upper body with glare (from too much white lights) and creating large shadows. I dunno. Hopefully they will all tighten up a bit for the finals.

How tall is Hidetada Yamagishi? holy shit

Definitely Troy, with Darrem 2nd… I’ve seen him lok better though, even though he’s got some x-striations in his quads here.

S

Can somebody tell me why the hell Don Long is competing ?

He’s gonna die on stage.

[quote]WS4JB wrote:
Can somebody tell me why the hell Don Long is competing ?

He’s gonna die on stage.[/quote]

At least he is doing what he loves doing instead of hiding from public alone watching time pass.

He knows the risks. There was minor controversy before about whether he should be allowed to compete. They decided to allow it.

I honestly do hope that he doesn’t harm himself on stage because everyone will use that against bodybuilding as a whole even though he knew the risk.

I don’t wish ill for him at all, It just seems like he should be more careful with a borrowed organ.

It isn’t like those were his two options either, hiding from the public alone watching time pass or continue to compete, I’d be willing to bet there would be some middle ground that might let him live a few years longer.

well I guess if it is Longs passion to compete then so be it. I know if I had to give up bodybuilding right now I might as well be dead and thats how I feel at the moment.

I am sure he is watching his health tho but I agree with what you guys said.

WELL everybody looked way better for finals.

Troy Alves got the win with Hide in second.

Both men looked good but I’m glad Troy got it.

Is it just me or is Troy Alve’s face unlike a face you would expect on somebody heavily muscled?

This always struck me about him. It’s like his face doesn’t match his body. I don’t know. Anybody else think this?

[quote]krazykoukides wrote:
Is it just me or is Troy Alve’s face unlike a face you would expect on somebody heavily muscled?

This always struck me about him. It’s like his face doesn’t match his body. I don’t know. Anybody else think this?[/quote]

normally I’d call you crazy and say who cares…but…a buddy of mine was in my store earlier and we were looking at pics and he said something really similar lol

Congrats to Troy, bout time. lol. Hes probably sooo happy right now. I’m glad for him. REALLY respectable finish for Hide as well.

I remember all the mags were saying that Troy was on the cusp of being a top level guy like 3 years ago, then it seemed it just didn’t happen.

Good to see him get a win.

just got back from the show it was great troy looked good but charles rocked the house.

Troy always seemed to be a guy who ‘should’ have won a few shows, but always seemed to get overlooked. Especially when you’d see pics of him in the mags, in the gym, or just hanging out, you’d be amazed by how good this ‘older’ competitor looked.

S

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
Troy always seemed to be a guy who ‘should’ have won a few shows, but always seemed to get overlooked. Especially when you’d see pics of him in the mags, in the gym, or just hanging out, you’d be amazed by how good this ‘older’ competitor looked.

S
[/quote]

whats funny is he looks huge without a shirt or in posers but I remember seeing him do a photoshoot for Flex at Koloseum and I didn’t know many bodybuilders then and seeing him in a shirt I was like…this guy??? lol but then he started the shoot and his tiny joints made hime look HUGE! He’s now considerably bigger than then lol

I think the reason that he had the ‘should be a big name’ thing for a while then faded out is that he never made the drastic improvements that many felt pro’s need to make to be among those names.

Same thing like our new pros Curry, Nunn, etc if they stay how they are now they will get respectable placings but if they want to win then people want to see them make improvements.

look how everybody was all over Heath to improve and he did…now he will be called Mr. O come september. lol I know I’m not the only believer but we will see if I called it.

I remember Bob Paris saying how there are some BBers who always look big, and others, who appear more ‘normal’ when clothed, and then surprise you when they strip down to pose.

S

Troys conditioning was better but his routine and posing came secord to charles ill give it to troy. the better body won.