Euro 2012

Lokking Forward to a lot of the games. Hopefully Ireland can do a Chelsea in defence and get out of the Group. All of group b’s games should be good (Germany Holland will get Messy!!!) France-England should be very entertaining!!! But then there’ll be the shit games, (Sweden-Ukraine, talk about dead rubber!!)

Can either of the host nations make it out of the group?? Poland in with the bigger shout

[quote]Cathall L DW wrote:
Can either of the host nations make it out of the group?? Poland in with the bigger shout[/quote]

I hope not. I think the fact that both nations are automatically seeded 1st is extremely stupid and makes the groups very uneven.

[quote]roon12 wrote:
There seems to be some anti-English feeling in this thread…[/quote]

tweet

[quote]roon12 wrote:
There seems to be some anti-English feeling in this thread…[/quote]

Just jealousy that we have not only Andy Caroll in the squad but also Stewart Downing…

Although we do have Theo!!

Our squad is hilarious. I’ll be watching pretty much all of it though, sure to be some awesome games. Won’t be expecting anything of England what so ever lol.

[quote]IrishDiablo wrote:
generally hate football but since Ireland has qualified for something for the first time in ages,Im jumping on the bandwagon!

Then i saw our group…[/quote]

Too bad Trappatoni couldn’t bring Iturralde Gonzalez and Viktor Kassai in the squad, seeing as they were the best players against Armenia and Estonia.

Spain will not win for sure, no way, just no way. The amount of luck required to win three major championships in a row is too big. That’s why I’m like…not so happy about watching the tournament because I know we’ll go out on a bad luck situation, not because we were outplayed.

My biggest wishes are :
-Russia and England not getting past groupstage.
-Germany to face Greece in the quarterfinals and losing. Just for the lols.
-Ireland to crash hardcore.

Can’t see past the german’s , cant see spain winning the 3rd big tourny in a row.

£50 on germany, suprise package russia.

I reckon Spain will quite likely triumph again…they are already a footballing phenomenon brimming with ball-hogging-why-the-fuck-am-I-even bothering-against-these-uber-gifted-cocksuckers!!

That being said, Germany & a few others, I’m thinking France & maybe Portugal should be there or thereabouts.

Aaaand of course we have my beloved EN-GERRR-LAAAAND…not the strongest squad on paper, then again…that’s what a lot of people thought prior to EURO 96 kicking off…so, perhaps being a slight underdog will work in our favour.

Crazy GorillaMon prediction Number 1: Caroll comes on to score a hatrick in the semi final, gets sold to Real Madrid for 400 Zillion Euros (LOL…pleasse, pretty, please).

Slightly less crazy prediction number 2: Rooney picks up a niggly injury in the second group game…Wellbeck replaces him & BOOOOOOMSHACKALACKA!!! Secret weapon, Golden boot time!!!

Yes the sun has gone to my head

COME ON ENGLAND!!!

^ GorrilaMon, you crazy. Haha.

There will no doubt be some drama though, it goes without saying. As a Man U fan I can comfortably say Welbeck did not deserve 42!!! appearances this season, he’s a joke compared to an in-form Hernandez/Berbatov, which they would have to actually play regularly to have. Alas.

It’s gonna kill me being in sodding Australia whilst this is on. Having to get up at 4 am in the morning, bastards

England will do well with their new 9-0-1 formation.

Bump

Came across some excellent team scouting/preview type content on this site, enjoy:

http://www.zonalmarking.net/category/euro-2012/

Really hope the Germans win. I love the way they play. Fuck Spain and Chelsea.

Nice to see a lot of posts favoring the Germans this time, even though I believe their defence is still wanting. Mertesacker was the big topic of discussion at the press conference with Hansi Flick this morning, and I don’t think that Loew is going to tolerate too many mistakes from him before he gets benched.

Group B is just pure hardcore, and IMO England has a viable chance to advance in the D group.

Looking forward to great public viewings with warm weather, lots of half drunk scantily clad chicks and free flowing cold beer. I live in Cologne which is pretty wild when it comes to partying, so I’ve scheduled a deloading week for the quarter and semi finals.

Good luck to your favorites, and don’t get caught doing that hooligan stuff.

Im still waiting for my pay-tv modem box thing to arrive. I should of have been more organised. Missing the games are the killing me! Im only watching highlights. Online streaming sux.

Vi vi, Hrvati!!

tweet

Spicy play from the Russians…very slick at times…could be the dark horses of the tournament.

Got my boys coming over tomorrow for Spain (all of them are on this bandwagon) vs Italia (my mother is Italian, I’m rooting for this team).

Ci vediamo!

Denmark <3

So good!

[quote]samoth2 wrote:
Denmark <3

So good![/quote]
Congrats!

Nice win by the Germans!

[quote]kakno wrote:

[quote]samoth2 wrote:
Denmark <3

So good![/quote]
Congrats!

Nice win by the Germans![/quote]
Thank you. It was almost too exiting.

Now we just need a win against Portugal and then we’ll go all the way '92 style!