Eugenics Information?

use google books

[quote]schultzie wrote:
http://www.google.ca/search?tbs=bks%3A1&tbo=1&q=eugenics&btnG=Search+Books

Is this really so hard?[/quote]

But then he’d have to look at all the pictures/titles!

[quote]Totenkopf wrote:
Okay so I was assigned the study of “Eugenics” as part of my Biology project. I tried Wikipedia and google but from what I read so far either it discusses WWII and the Holocaust,which is fine and well but my partner is doing that portion and I really need information on Eugenics pre WWII. Can somebody recommend some resources that I can look up…that are NON BIASED and NEUTRAL on the issue?[/quote]

Sparta killed deformed children.

Palestinians currently use retarded or otherwise afflicted children as suicide bombers, which is a form of eugenics.

http://www.google.ca/search?tbs=bks%3A1&tbo=1&q=eugenics&btnG=Search+Books

Is this really so hard?

Liberal Eugenics seems to be a solid source if info, it’s a bestseller at amazon as well

[quote]Hallowed wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]polo77j wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]Hallowed wrote:

[quote]Totenkopf wrote:
I cant copy off the wiki site and the teacher says I cant use the sources from the citations listed on there either. Apparetly even with citations included,information can be distorted. Its extremely hard to find any information that isnt biased at all. I was really hoping for some books someone I can recommend so I can go to my local Barnes and Noble and read through some books.[/quote]

T, you are awesome but I’ve got to ask… don’t college kids go to the Library anymore?[/quote]

Damn you beat me to it.

Listen Token, get your ass to the college Library. You pay for that shit with your tuition and bills, it is a waste to not use it. Kind of like the gym, the internet is not going to make your biceps bigger. [/quote]

eggsalad

I’m using that shit right now … hooray for computer lab … and hooray for hot red heads!!

and hooooraaaaaay beer[/quote]

Now you are making me sad, I cant have red heads or beer. What up Polo.[/quote]

OKAY KIDS BRACE YOURSELVES. I’m afraid I have to go into full dork mode on this one. I worked in the college library when I was in college and was pretty much an expert research paper writer. Here’s how the library works:

You go to the library and find the SECTION of the library that has all the books on Eugenics. These will all be grouped together based on the Library of Congress catalog system. So all the biology books will be together grouped into sub-groups within Biology. You can have a librarian help you look up books in the online catalog that will be available at the library. There should be at least a shelf of Eugenics books ALL IN ONE PLACE. Pick a few that appeal and skim the table of contents for each (HINT: These tables of contents can make great outlines for the sub points of your thesis statement). Within each of these books the author will cite OTHER BOOKS that you can also look at. A few hours in the library will give you your thesis statement, your outline, and all the research sources that you need.

Voila like magic have fun![/quote]

Uh, she knows things too. Just got hotter.

[quote]Totenkopf wrote:

[quote]Hallowed wrote:

[quote]Totenkopf wrote:
I cant copy off the wiki site and the teacher says I cant use the sources from the citations listed on there either. Apparetly even with citations included,information can be distorted. Its extremely hard to find any information that isnt biased at all. I was really hoping for some books someone I can recommend so I can go to my local Barnes and Noble and read through some books.[/quote]

T, you are awesome but I’ve got to ask… don’t college kids go to the Library anymore?[/quote]
Whats a library?

[quote]chimera182 wrote:
If only there were some way to look for books…

http://www.amazon.com/s/qid=1290016779/ref=sr_gnr_fkmr0?ie=UTF8&node=283155&search-alias=stripbooks&field-keywords=eugenics%20pre[/quote]
Again,Im looking for Non Biased books. Based on the title alone for some of thoese books…“Eugenics And Other Evils by G.K. Chesterton” and “Preaching Eugenics: Religious Leaders and the American Eugenics Movement by Christine Rosen” arent going to give me the best information because the first book is bashing the ideology and the second one puts blame on religion on Eugenics. I will be looking for “Eugenics: A Reassessment (Human Evolution, Behavior, and Intelligence) by Richard Lynn” That sounds atleast neutral to the subject. [/quote]

A really interesting read would be Margaret Higgins Sanger’s works, starting with her 1922 book “The Pivot of Civilization”

She was the founder of Planned Parenthood — an organization designed to prevent Orientals, Jews, and especially blacks from outbreeding the “more evolved” European whites.

The money quote from her (describing the “Negro Project”:

“We do not want word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population, and the minister is the man who can straighten out that idea if it ever occurs to any of their more rebellious members.”

Some other quotes:

“I think the greatest sin in the world is bringing children into the world-that have disease from their parentsm that have no chance in the world to be a human being practically. Delinquents, prisoners, all sorts of things just marked when theyâ??re born. That to me is the greatest sin – that people can – can commit.”

Jews were “a menace to civi­lization” and “human weeds.”

“More children from the fit, less from the unfit.”

Off topic, Hillary Clinton recently accepted the Margaret Sanger award.

[quote]Hallowed wrote:
One more Hint I think you’ll want the HQ750’s for your section (OF THE LIBRARY)[/quote]

Wow, you are a dork. (And I mean that in a very good way.)

Look up the criminologist Lombroso.

I had a book on this but I don’t know where the fuck it is or what it was called. It was for a Holocaust course.

google scholar or other online databases. Online journal databases are the only sources I’ve used for papers in years. You can search, sort, and filter easily.