Eugenics Information?

You will likely have a hard time finding non-biases eugenics information. Eugenics itself is essentially ethnocentric and very biased. You could delve into Social Darwinism and see how that plays into eugenics.

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]polo77j wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]Hallowed wrote:

[quote]Totenkopf wrote:
I cant copy off the wiki site and the teacher says I cant use the sources from the citations listed on there either. Apparetly even with citations included,information can be distorted. Its extremely hard to find any information that isnt biased at all. I was really hoping for some books someone I can recommend so I can go to my local Barnes and Noble and read through some books.[/quote]

T, you are awesome but I’ve got to ask… don’t college kids go to the Library anymore?[/quote]

Damn you beat me to it.

Listen Token, get your ass to the college Library. You pay for that shit with your tuition and bills, it is a waste to not use it. Kind of like the gym, the internet is not going to make your biceps bigger. [/quote]

eggsalad

I’m using that shit right now … hooray for computer lab … and hooray for hot red heads!!

and hooooraaaaaay beer[/quote]

Now you are making me sad, I cant have red heads or beer. What up Polo.[/quote]

OKAY KIDS BRACE YOURSELVES. I’m afraid I have to go into full dork mode on this one. I worked in the college library when I was in college and was pretty much an expert research paper writer. Here’s how the library works:

You go to the library and find the SECTION of the library that has all the books on Eugenics. These will all be grouped together based on the Library of Congress catalog system. So all the biology books will be together grouped into sub-groups within Biology. You can have a librarian help you look up books in the online catalog that will be available at the library. There should be at least a shelf of Eugenics books ALL IN ONE PLACE. Pick a few that appeal and skim the table of contents for each (HINT: These tables of contents can make great outlines for the sub points of your thesis statement). Within each of these books the author will cite OTHER BOOKS that you can also look at. A few hours in the library will give you your thesis statement, your outline, and all the research sources that you need.

Voila like magic have fun!

[quote]Hallowed wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]polo77j wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]Hallowed wrote:

[quote]Totenkopf wrote:
I cant copy off the wiki site and the teacher says I cant use the sources from the citations listed on there either. Apparetly even with citations included,information can be distorted. Its extremely hard to find any information that isnt biased at all. I was really hoping for some books someone I can recommend so I can go to my local Barnes and Noble and read through some books.[/quote]

T, you are awesome but I’ve got to ask… don’t college kids go to the Library anymore?[/quote]

Damn you beat me to it.

Listen Token, get your ass to the college Library. You pay for that shit with your tuition and bills, it is a waste to not use it. Kind of like the gym, the internet is not going to make your biceps bigger. [/quote]

eggsalad

I’m using that shit right now … hooray for computer lab … and hooray for hot red heads!!

OKAY KIDS BRACE YOURSELVES. I’m afraid I have to go into full dork mode on this one. I worked in the college library when I was in college and was pretty much an expert research paper writer. Here’s how the library works:

You go to the library and find the SECTION of the library that has all the books on Eugenics. These will all be grouped together based on the Library of Congress catalog system. So all the biology books will be together grouped into sub-groups within Biology. You can have a librarian help you look up books in the online catalog that will be available at the library. There should be at least a shelf of Eugenics books ALL IN ONE PLACE. Pick a few that appeal and skim the table of contents for each (HINT: These tables of contents can make great outlines for the sub points of your thesis statement). Within each of these books the author will cite OTHER BOOKS that you can also look at. A few hours in the library will give you your thesis statement, your outline, and all the research sources that you need.

Voila like magic have fun![/quote]

Hallowed, Token and his partner are sitting at his apartment brain storming on how to do this project, they dont want to go to the library. They are probably fighting the urge to have a beer and play black ops. :slight_smile: Its all good Token T-Nation got your back.

[quote]Totenkopf wrote:

[quote]Hallowed wrote:

[quote]Totenkopf wrote:

Whats a library?

[quote]chimera182 wrote:
If only there were some way to look for books…

http://www.amazon.com/s/qid=1290016779/ref=sr_gnr_fkmr0?ie=UTF8&node=283155&search-alias=stripbooks&field-keywords=eugenics%20pre[/quote]
Again,Im looking for Non Biased books. Based on the title alone for some of thoese books…“Eugenics And Other Evils by G.K. Chesterton” and “Preaching Eugenics: Religious Leaders and the American Eugenics Movement by Christine Rosen” arent going to give me the best information because the first book is bashing the ideology and the second one puts blame on religion on Eugenics. I will be looking for “Eugenics: A Reassessment (Human Evolution, Behavior, and Intelligence) by Richard Lynn” That sounds atleast neutral to the subject. [/quote]

Let me clue you in on something: Everything is biased. You have to be smart enough to evaluate a series of biased opinions to develop your own evaluation of things.

One more Hint I think you’ll want the HQ750’s for your section (OF THE LIBRARY)

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]Hallowed wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]polo77j wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]Hallowed wrote:

[quote]Totenkopf wrote:

Damn you beat me to it.

eggsalad

Hallowed, Token and his partner are sitting at his apartment brain storming on how to do this project, they dont want to go to the library. They are probably fighting the urge to have a beer and play black ops. :slight_smile: Its all good Token T-Nation got your back. [/quote]

But I want him to go to the Library dammit!
Or should I just start posting the names of books for him?

Lol,Im going! But my partner sent me a link to Google Books and its giving me a list of books I can look at for free about Eugenics. Cool shit.

[quote]Hallowed wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]Hallowed wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]polo77j wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]Hallowed wrote:

[quote]Totenkopf wrote:

Damn you beat me to it.

eggsalad

Hallowed, Token and his partner are sitting at his apartment brain storming on how to do this project, they dont want to go to the library. They are probably fighting the urge to have a beer and play black ops. :slight_smile: Its all good Token T-Nation got your back. [/quote]

[/quote]

You know for a librarian you are very aggressive. I thought Californian Librarian’s were laid back, surfed and did yoga? :slight_smile:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]Hallowed wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]Hallowed wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]polo77j wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]Hallowed wrote:

[quote]Totenkopf wrote:

Damn you beat me to it.

eggsalad

[/quote]

You know for a librarian you are very aggressive. I thought Californian Librarian’s were laid back, surfed and did yoga? :slight_smile: [/quote]
Im sure books werent the only thing people were “Checking out”. =)

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]Hallowed wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]Hallowed wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]polo77j wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]Hallowed wrote:

[quote]Totenkopf wrote:

Damn you beat me to it.

eggsalad

[/quote]

You know for a librarian you are very aggressive. I thought Californian Librarian’s were laid back, surfed and did yoga? :slight_smile: [/quote]

hehe… it all makes perfect sense once you know that i’m Italian.

[quote]Hallowed wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]Hallowed wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]Hallowed wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]polo77j wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]Hallowed wrote:

[quote]Totenkopf wrote:

Damn you beat me to it.

eggsalad

[/quote]

hehe… it all makes perfect sense once you know that i’m Italian.
[/quote]

Yes, yes it does. I am going to stop now in fear of… a lot of things.

[quote]Totenkopf wrote:

[quote]byukid wrote:
no one even slightly appreciated my robot joke?[/quote]
Who cares about robots when Zombies are hot now.[/quote]

But they do not improve .

As a zombie you reach your peak ca 2 seconds after you have turned.

[quote]Totenkopf wrote:

The fact is you’re dealing with a controversial topic, deals with everything from abortion to euthanasia and everything in between.

This is going to be almost impossible, of course I’m sure you know that I can recommend a few eugenics books from Catholic sources (from Doctors), however they are biased. Things not being biased is retarded in my opinion, you have to be smart enough to see the bias. As long as the argument is sound and good. Shouldn’t matter what the person’s bias.

[quote]Totenkopf wrote:

[quote]Hallowed wrote:

[quote]Totenkopf wrote:

Whats a library?

[quote]chimera182 wrote:
If only there were some way to look for books…

http://www.amazon.com/s/qid=1290016779/ref=sr_gnr_fkmr0?ie=UTF8&node=283155&search-alias=stripbooks&field-keywords=eugenics%20pre[/quote]
Again,Im looking for Non Biased books. Based on the title alone for some of thoese books…“Eugenics And Other Evils by G.K. Chesterton” and “Preaching Eugenics: Religious Leaders and the American Eugenics Movement by Christine Rosen” arent going to give me the best information because the first book is bashing the ideology and the second one puts blame on religion on Eugenics. I will be looking for “Eugenics: A Reassessment (Human Evolution, Behavior, and Intelligence) by Richard Lynn” That sounds atleast neutral to the subject. [/quote]

Lulz…Richard Lynn is neutral…look at what I found on his Wiki…Richard Lynn (born 1930) is a British Professor Emeritus of Psychology at the University of Ulster [1][2] who is known for his views on racial and ethnic differences.[3] Lynn says that there are race and sex differences in intelligence.

[quote]Totenkopf wrote:
Wow,thanks for bringing that up. I didnt even realized something like Dog Breeding would be something like Eugeneics. Me and my partner right now are discussing whether the following can be considered “Eugenics” and whether we should include it in the final project:

-Abortion
-Genome Sequencing/Human Genome Project
-Stem Cell

Im particularly curious about Genome Sequencing/HGP. There hasnt been a time in history where we can manipulate molecular evolution. Say for example you have brown eyes and your spouse has green eyes. If you want your kid to have green eyes,the doctor can change the gene of the cell to produce the green eyes. Stuff like that or amybe even the height of your kid and the sex. Really cool shit. SCIENCE RULES. [/quote]

But, still unethical. What are you German? :wink:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]Hallowed wrote:

[quote]Totenkopf wrote:

Damn you beat me to it.

Depending on what you are looking at it can make your forearms bigger. :wink:

[quote]dumbbellhead wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]Hallowed wrote:

[quote]Totenkopf wrote:

Damn you beat me to it.

Depending on what you are looking at it can make your forearms bigger. ;)[/quote]

[quote]Brother Chris wrote:

[quote]Totenkopf wrote:
Wow,thanks for bringing that up. I didnt even realized something like Dog Breeding would be something like Eugeneics. Me and my partner right now are discussing whether the following can be considered “Eugenics” and whether we should include it in the final project:

-Abortion
-Genome Sequencing/Human Genome Project
-Stem Cell

Im particularly curious about Genome Sequencing/HGP. There hasnt been a time in history where we can manipulate molecular evolution. Say for example you have brown eyes and your spouse has green eyes. If you want your kid to have green eyes,the doctor can change the gene of the cell to produce the green eyes. Stuff like that or amybe even the height of your kid and the sex. Really cool shit. SCIENCE RULES. [/quote]

But, still unethical. What are you German? ;)[/quote]
Lol,Im reminded of Patton Oswalts skit on science and how its all about “Couldve and not Shouldve”