EU Declares Vacationing is a Human Right

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
Nationalized union break.

I think you know what comes next.[/quote]
An arm wrestling match between Washington and Howe?

in norway we have a saying that goes like this: “you have to take your right”.

it meens that a right is not given by god or are natural in any way. If we wants something, we need to take it, let say “the right to organize” or “the right to vacation”. the american revolution is a great example of this.

[quote]pushharder wrote:

[quote]florelius wrote:

it meens that a right is not given by god or are natural in any way. If we wants something, we need to take it, let say “the right to organize” or “the right to vacation”. the american revolution is a great example of this.

[/quote]
Maybe it’s time we American T-Nationeers “took the right” to tell you Norwegian fuckers that you honest-to-god don’t know your American history.

[i]When, in the course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the laws of nature and of nature’s God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness…[/i]

Some of you don’t even know your Norwegian history. One of you imbeciles actually said recently on this forum that the Vikings were not warriors/raiders but rather simple peace loving farmers who got a bad, undeserved rap on the whole raiding Europe deal.[/quote]

…don’t you just love revisionist history?

[quote]pushharder wrote:

[quote]florelius wrote:

[/quote]
Maybe it’s time we American T-Nationeers “took the right” to tell you Norwegian fuckers that you honest-to-god don’t know your American history.

[i]When, in the course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the laws of nature and of nature’s God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness…[/i]

Some of you don’t even know your Norwegian history. One of you imbeciles actually said recently on this forum that the Vikings were not warriors/raiders but rather simple peace loving farmers who got a bad, undeserved rap on the whole raiding Europe deal.[/quote]

maybe you shall chill you amerikan fuck. my point was very easy to understand. god or the universe have not given us any rights, humans make them. If you believe that rights are given by the creator, I am sorry for you.

about the vikings: most people who lived in skandinavia at that time where farmers. but some did go out on the sea and did raid, establish towns like: York ( jordvik ),Dublin, Jersey ( Jersøy ) and Island.

[quote]ephrem wrote:

[quote]pushharder wrote:

[quote]florelius wrote:

[/quote]

…don’t you just love revisionist history?
[/quote]

Viking is an act, not a people. A viking is a Dane (or Norseman) who has gone raiding. If people are referring to specifically vikings, they are all by definition raiders, and hence violent. If you are talking about the actual Norse people, they were not all necessarily violent.

I would also contend that the entire world was pretty violent at that time in history.

[quote]florelius wrote:

maybe you shall chill you amerikan fuck. my point was very easy to understand. god or the universe have not given us any rights, humans make them. If you believe that rights are given by the creator, I am sorry for you.
[/quote]

So if we Americans don’t believe Europeans have the right to live, it isn’t wrong for us to kill them?

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]florelius wrote:

[/quote]

So if we Americans don’t believe Europeans have the right to live, it isn’t wrong for us to kill them?[/quote]

you are missing my point.

I am not against human rights, but I dont think that god or any other force gave them to us. We gave them to our self.

[quote]florelius wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]florelius wrote:

[/quote]

So if we Americans don’t believe Europeans have the right to live, it isn’t wrong for us to kill them?[/quote]

I am not against human rights, but I dont think that god or any other force gave them to us. We gave them to our self.[/quote]

If they aren’t universal, you have no ability to call anything right or wrong. AND we can kill Europeans.

Dont they already work 32 to 36 hour work weeks ?? jesus… I was 1k above the poverty limit last year, I payed taxes and I still had money to vacation working an average of 60 hours a week… anyone who needs this kind of help does not have my sympathy…

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]florelius wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]florelius wrote:

[/quote]

I am not against human rights, but I dont think that god or any other force gave them to us. We gave them to our self.[/quote]

If they aren’t universal, you have no ability to call anything right or wrong. AND we can kill Europeans.[/quote]

well the us kills people in iraq and afganisthan, are you saying that the people in these countries dont have this rights?

but still you are missing my point, your founding fathers gave you the bill of rights, not god and not the nature. thats my point, and thats selfevident :slight_smile:

[quote]florelius wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]florelius wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]florelius wrote:

[/quote]

If they aren’t universal, you have no ability to call anything right or wrong. AND we can kill Europeans.[/quote]

well the us kills people in iraq and afganisthan, are you saying that the people in these countries dont have this rights?

but still you are missing my point, your founding fathers gave you the bill of rights, not god and not the nature. thats my point, and thats selfevident :)[/quote]

No, according to you, the people of Iraq and Afghanistan don’t have that right. I believe rights are universal.

The founding fathers based the assertion of rights on both god and nature. By your argument, anything someone can take is a right. If I can steal a porche, it’s a right for me. the entire concept of rights is senseless without a universal standard. Our founding fathers understood this and based human rights on a universal one.

Again I am not against this rights, I think they make sense, but I believe they are man made.

this is not a debate about ethics.

[quote]florelius wrote:
Again I am not against this rights, I think they make sense, but I believe they are man made.

this is not a debate about ethics.[/quote]

But the people of Iraq haven’t taken the right, so, they don’t have it. Life is not a right Iraqis have according to what you’ve said.

[quote]Ratchet wrote:
Dont they already work 32 to 36 hour work weeks ?? jesus… I was 1k above the poverty limit last year, I payed taxes and I still had money to vacation working an average of 60 hours a week… anyone who needs this kind of help does not have my sympathy…[/quote]

Wait till they take 50-80% of your income, see if you can afford a holiday then.

God, I hate those fuckers.

Fortunately I do not think that this will fly.

[quote]florelius wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]florelius wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]florelius wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

Acoording to you, apparently not.

They are not strong enough to take them so they have none.

I would also be interested in the right to hold slaves.

Apparently some men were strong enough to simply take that right which made it ok I guess.

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]Ratchet wrote:
Dont they already work 32 to 36 hour work weeks ?? jesus… I was 1k above the poverty limit last year, I payed taxes and I still had money to vacation working an average of 60 hours a week… anyone who needs this kind of help does not have my sympathy…[/quote]

Wait till they take 50-80% of your income, see if you can afford a holiday then.

God, I hate those fuckers.

Fortunately I do not think that this will fly.
[/quote]

if the taxes are 50-80% then you guys are just a couple of steps from being Communist. Maybe if this new paid vacation plan passes then you guys will be one step closer. You will be paying 55-85% in taxes. Why do the hard working people of Europe allow this crap to go on? I can see the artists and bums allowing it, but the people that get up every morning to go to work even if it is only 32-36 hours a week.

[quote]orion wrote:
I would also be interested in the right to hold slaves.

Apparently some men were strong enough to simply take that right which made it ok I guess.

[/quote]

The man made thing just doesn’t make sense. either you believe in an endowed divine system of rights, or you don’t believe in what I would define as rights at all. Something man made cannot be called a right.

lol, ALL human rights are invented by humans. Just because we consider some of them to be basic, even universal, doesn’t mean someone didn’t have to think of it first! I think people are confusing rights, with morals. They overlap, but are definitely different.

I think this is a great idea, encouraging travel, seeing other cultures, and helping people chill out a bit.