Eternal Warrior Conditioning

I like the Eternal Warrior template where you mention 3 to 5 minutes of hard conditioning after the workout

I do a lift specific every other day schedule.

Bench + assistance
Off
Squat + assistance
Off
Press + assistance
Off
Deadlift + assistance
Off
Repeat

I do sprint 8 and battle ropes after the upper body days.

●I just bought farmers walk handles and want to implement them after squat and deadlift day.

●My question is how would you program those for after workout conditioning?

-Something like 3 to 5 min of max distance only resting when needed?

-Or maybe 1 min on 1 min off for 5 rounds?

Thank you for your time.

Honestly, it doesn’t matter. I’m not overly structured when it comes to conditioning. I don’t use a defined progression model like I do with lifting and I change the modality/structure very frequently.

As long as it sucks, you are on the right track.

I do like a 1 to 1 work to rest ratio… whether that is 6-8 x 30 sec / 30 sec. 5-6 x 45 sec / 45 sec ; 3-4 x 60 sec / 60 sec; 2-3 x 90 sec / 90 sec or 1-2 x 2 min / 2 min

1 Like

Ok thank you for the answer

@Christian_Thibaudeau I do the triple progression system I got from u for the main lifts.

What do you think about 5-7, 3-5, 1-3 as opposed to 4-6, 2-4, 1-2 like u recommend for strength?

My only reasoning for that is because the last round allows for a 3 rep window instead of a 2 rep window ( 1 to 3 reps compared to 1 to 2 reps on the last wave?) Thank u in advance

I think that’s perfectly fine and worrying about 1 rep is bordering paralysis by overanalysis.

1 Like