T Nation

Estrogen Vs Prolactin

Hey guys, I’m a new member here, just wanted to im glad to be here. my question is

Does estro increase prolactin? because i have heard the opposite, that they oppose each other, meaning if u have high prolactin, u will have low estro, or if u have high estro u will have low prolactin.

I know its a silly question but i cant find any solid evidence on it

The way of the shred is not the way for you, young man.

I haven’t read about a correlation between the two, positive or negative. I know both can suppress testosterone production.

[quote]lbraga wrote:
The way of the shred is not the way for you, young man.[/quote]
bro ur a year older then me and im 20 lbs of lean muscles heavier then u

[quote]Martian wrote:

[quote]lbraga wrote:
The way of the shred is not the way for you, young man.[/quote]
bro ur a year older then me and im 20 lbs of lean muscles heavier then u[/quote]

Sounds legit

[quote]lbraga wrote:

[quote]Martian wrote:

[quote]lbraga wrote:
The way of the shred is not the way for you, young man.[/quote]
bro ur a year older then me and im 20 lbs of lean muscles heavier then u[/quote]

Sounds legit[/quote]

Lol yea bro!

Its debatable, but some say all prolactin sides stem from elevated estrogen

estrogen is in control = prolactin not problem

None of you are right. Progesterone does lower estrogen and estrogen lowers progesterone. Both hormones can increase/affect prolactin which is a peptide hormone not a steroid. There is no practical or useful way to lower progesterone and as others have said if estrogen is low, high progesterone shouldn’t be an issue (unless youre running like 3000migs of nandrolone).

[quote]anime wrote:
None of you are right. Progesterone does lower estrogen and estrogen lowers progesterone. Both hormones can increase/affect prolactin which is a peptide hormone not a steroid. There is no practical or useful way to lower progesterone and as others have said if estrogen is low, high progesterone shouldn’t be an issue (unless youre running like 3000migs of nandrolone).[/quote]

Correct. Prolactin is the cuplprit causing the nasty sides, not progesterin itself.